What's new

2020 NBA Draft Live Thread

If Azubuike can catch the ball with a little head of steam, he can dunk everything. Seems to have good hands and hand-eye coordination. Hopefully he can be a nice second unit pick and roll partner for Ingles.

Jazz could have taken Bane at 27 or Bey and still gotten Uz at 38. it is unbelievable how bad this looks. I hope he makes me eat crow but right now I am totally depressed.

If Azubuike can catch the ball with a little head of steam, he can dunk everything. Seems to have good hands and hand-eye coordination. Hopefully he can be a nice second unit pick and roll partner for Ingles.
He shot .441 from the foul line.

Some pick grades:

CBS:

27. Utah Jazz (via NY): C Udoka Azubuike, Kansas

If you're looking for somebody who was the best player on the best team in college, this is your guy. He dunks everything. He defends hard. However, his value is so focused on the paint area that he may struggle to be more than a backup for Rudy Gobert. Grade: C+

The Ringer:

27. Utah Jazz (from New York via Los Angeles Clippers): Udoka Azubuike, C, Kansas​

Forget about the Jazz going for a different look behind Rudy Gobert. Azubuike might be the second biggest player in the NBA behind Boban Marjanovic. He’s an absolutely massive human who will demolish smaller players around the rim. But the odds of him surviving as a perimeter defender at the next level are nonexistent. Evaluating this pick comes down to philosophy. Should Utah double down on big men who can stick with the same defensive scheme as Gobert or go for more versatility on their second unit? You can guess my answer by my grade.

Grade: C

Even Rudy who is like the ceiling of Udoka had his weaknesses exploited in the playoffs year after year, then our FO decided that they wanna see more of that.

With what though? They had the chance to open up space by offloading ED with that 38 pick but even that they blew it...
I’m sure they would have if they could have. Detroit already took on Ariza’s contract today and need to preserve space for Wood (they don’t have his full bird rights), so my guess is they wouldn’t have done the deal for Davis.