What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

Stop whatever you’re doing and make us an extensive list. We’ll appreciate it.
I actually kicked the tires a little... it wasn't great... a few others that might get bought out to add to my initial list...

- Ian Mahinmi
- Courtney Lee (once he's traded for Iggy)
- Bismack Biyombo
- Taj Gibson
- Bobby Portis
- Dellavadova
- Tyler Johnson (if traded)
- Solomon Hill (Memphis likely keeps him as they are a playoff team)
- MKG
- Evan Turner
- Brandon Knight
- Wayne Ellington

Not a lot we'd likely have interest in... but there's some additional names for ya.

I actually kicked the tires a little... it wasn't great... a few others that might get bought out to add to my initial list...

- Ian Mahinmi
- Courtney Lee (once he's traded for Iggy)
- Bismack Biyombo
- Taj Gibson
- Bobby Portis
- Dellavadova
- Tyler Johnson (if traded)
- Solomon Hill (Memphis likely keeps him as they are a playoff team)
- MKG
- Evan Turner
- Brandon Knight
- Wayne Ellington

Not a lot we'd likely have interest in... but there's some additional names for ya.
I liked Courtney Lee when I saw him defend Donovan his rookie year. No room for us but if we waived NWG for him, it's a no-brainer. Already discussed BB and I'm in. I wouldn't think Portis gets bought out but I'd take him. Dellavadova would be interesting. Ellington would be interesting. MKG was the guy I wanted for an entire year before the draft.

I liked Courtney Lee when I saw him defend Donovan his rookie year. No room for us but if we waived NWG for him, it's a no-brainer. Already discussed BB and I'm in. I wouldn't think Portis gets bought out but I'd take him. Dellavadova would be interesting. Ellington would be interesting. MKG was the guy I wanted for an entire year before the draft.
I thought MKG would be an effective energy guy at very least and a lock down defender... big disappointment.

The list ain’t great... we should make a trade and if we get something in buyout then great. I think Henson and Marvin are the most intriguing guys that I think will actually get bought out and that would consider us.

I thought MKG would be an effective energy guy at very least and a lock down defender... big disappointment.

The list ain’t great... we should make a trade and if we get something in buyout then great. I think Henson and Marvin are the most intriguing guys that I think will actually get bought out and that would consider us.
I don't know much about Henson other than I always think of muppets.

I don't know much about Henson other than I always think of muppets.
He kind of has a muppet face. I haven't watched him since he left Milwaukee... He wasn't a great fit there because he couldn't shoot and neither could Giannis. He's got decent mobility.

I just don't think you can have any kind of credible defense when your front court is Niang and Bradley. I can't decide if Niang helps us win games... His on/off numbers are still so bad, but he played a lot with the Jeff Green, Ed Davis bench mob that killed us.

He kind of has a muppet face. I haven't watched him since he left Milwaukee... He wasn't a great fit there because he couldn't shoot and neither could Giannis. He's got decent mobility.

I just don't think you can have any kind of credible defense when your front court is Niang and Bradley. I can't decide if Niang helps us win games... His on/off numbers are still so bad, but he played a lot with the Jeff Green, Ed Davis bench mob that killed us.
+Trevor Ariza, -Niang
+Kelly Olynyk, -TB

We are going to be rocking some teams.

Biyombo and Ariza come available and want to come here, who does DL cut? Not who should he cut, but who does he cut?

Christian Wood has had some ups and downs, but I'd still be interested.

I think a deal like TB to Detroit, Mudiay to Minny, then we take Maker and Wood from Detroit... Minny sends Detroit their second. Saves Detroit a couple million this year... gives them a cheap young center for next year and a second. Not sure Wood gets a huge payday, but spares them from that.

I don't know if we'd be in on Markieff, but he's played well since coming back from injury. Has a player option for next year that he likely ops in... I'd consider him if the FO thinks he can be fine in the locker room.

Donovan
Clarkson
Royce
Ariza
Biyombo

Hell of a defensive second unit.

Donovan
Clarkson
Royce
Ariza
Biyombo

Hell of a defensive second unit.

I think your trade to Miami makes the most sense... Make it NWG (instead of TB) to Miami and put Mudiay to Minny trade (it will happen) - It get Miami all the way out of the tax... they can save about $10M in total. They just put KO or James Johnson in for Leonard. Bam is the real rim protecting center.

I don't know if Leonard makes us better, but I think its a different look and opens up some space to safely use our exceptions last year. I think they'd do the Olynyk deal too, but I'd have to have Bradley in on that one. We'd likely be tax payers if we use the MLE and re-sign JC... I'd be fine with that as we'd likely duck the tax the next year and aren't really going to be in the repeater tax. We've stacked enough money that it shouldn't be a huge concern.

I think your trade to Miami makes the most sense... Make it NWG (instead of TB) to Miami and put Mudiay to Minny trade (it will happen) - It get Miami all the way out of the tax... they can save about $10M in total. They just put KO or James Johnson in for Leonard. Bam is the real rim protecting center.

I don't know if Leonard makes us better, but I think its a different look and opens up some space to safely use our exceptions last year. I think they'd do the Olynyk deal too, but I'd have to have Bradley in on that one. We'd likely be tax payers if we use the MLE and re-sign JC... I'd be fine with that as we'd likely duck the tax the next year and aren't really going to be in the repeater tax. We've stacked enough money that it shouldn't be a huge concern.
Go spend the $50 on the JZ cameo to send him this message.

Detroit will almost certainly make a trade before the deadline... they are a few thousand away from the tax... would likely want to get a little more room to be comfortable. They are kinda interesting to me.

Mahinmi is an upgrade over TB, I’d say.

John Henson is The Guy Smiley of the NBA. I used to like his game back when he and Sanders were fighting for playing time. Henson is in the last year of a crappy contract 4/48M, so good for him for getting paid though he's not getting that money ever again. He still gets minutes with the Cavs though his minutes widely vary.

If we could get Ariza and a big (Baynes, Vonleh, Olynyk, Bogut), I’d give the infection guarantee of at least going as far as 6 games in the WCF.