What's new

2021 Free Agency

No idea if this is new but I'm posting it here:

Any -- and all -- impactful free agents are gone. The Cavs spoke with the New Orleans Pelicans about the possibility of a Josh Hart sign-and-trade, sources tell cleveland.com, but that possibility apparently vanished Monday, when Hart moved closer to a three-year, $38 million deal to stay in New Orleans. Cleveland has also explored the trade market. Kyle Anderson, Terrence Ross, Joe Ingles, Bojan Bogdanovic, Cam Reddish, T.J. Warren, Thaddeus Young, Tobias Harris, Jeremy Lamb and Harrison Barnes are all said to be available. Reddish is a player the Cavs liked in the 2019 draft. They’ve been in contact with Atlanta about him. But wings don’t come cheap.

Sorry everyone, been busy for a few days. Another star doing the right thing when given a massive extension. Seems like only one couldn’t. “Humble”

(Was cool to see Dame back hosting the Weber State Classic today though)

Sorry everyone, been busy for a few days. Another star doing the right thing when given a massive extension. Seems like only one couldn’t. “Humble”

(Was cool to see Dame back hosting the Weber State Classic today though)

353F57A5-7777-4145-975A-5A7275A96B56.jpeg
Just trying to secure the bag before he demands his way to Dolan.

2 players I would like to sign

- Dante Exum - I know I know he is injury prone. Chances of him coming back are slim to none but he is a very good perimeter defender that can guard 1 - 3 easily.

Had a decent Olympics. Might not get as injured as a 10 to 12 spot on a roster or even deeper.

- Harry Giles - when he has gotten time he has been productive.

There is not a lot of time in our loaded front court. He has a lot of potential and is still very young.

Here is what I see as the roster

Pg - Conley, Butler, Forrest*

- I know it is very assumptive of me to put Butler as the primary. If not then there is room for say a Dante.

* two way contract

Sg - Mitchell, Clarkson, Oni

- this seems as solid as can be but again could have some room for Dante he is a lot better than Oni.

Sf - O'Neale, Ingles, Hughes

- Brantley has some potential here but Hughes is just not an NBA talent. I hope I am wrong. There is room here for Dante also.

Pf - Bogdanovic, Gay, Paschall

- probably some of the best depth on the roster. Brantley could see time here.

C - Gobert, Whiteside, Azuibuke

- this is also pretty solid with some question marks on Doke.

So there are 14 permanent contracts.

Two-way contract is Forrest so far.

There is still 1 position to fill.

I see Brantley and Teague fighting for the second 2 way.

In conclusion I see a need for Exum as a back up PG to start until Butler gets better.

Unless Oni and or Hughes are moved that is about all there is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

2 players I would like to sign

- Dante Exum - I know I know he is injury prone. Chances of him coming back are slim to none but he is a very good perimeter defender that can guard 1 - 3 easily.

Had a decent Olympics. Might not get as injured as a 10 to 12 spot on a roster or even deeper.

- Harry Giles - when he has gotten time he has been productive.

There is not a lot of time in our loaded front court. He has a lot of potential and is still very young.

Here is what I see as the roster

Pg - Conley, Butler, Forrest*

- I know it is very assumptive of me to put Butler as the primary. If not then there is room for say a Dante.

* two way contract

Sg - Mitchell, Clarkson, Oni

- this seems as solid as can be but again could have some room for Dante he is a lot better than Oni.

Sf - O'Neale, Ingles, Hughes

- Brantley has some potential here but Hughes is just not an NBA talent. I hope I am wrong. There is room here for Dante also.

Pf - Bogdanovic, Gay, Paschall

- probably some of the best depth on the roster. Brantley could see time here.

C - Gobert, Whiteside, Azuibuke

- this is also pretty solid with some question marks on Doke.

So there are 14 permanent contracts.

Two-way contract is Forrest so far.

There is still 1 position to fill.

I see Brantley and Teague fighting for the second 2 way.

In conclusion I see a need for Exum as a back up PG to start until Butler gets better.

Unless Oni and or Hughes are moved that is about all there is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

I also would be stoked to get Exum back for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

They way I see it, DedEx would owe us money for the absolutely ridiculous payday we handed him literally for nothing. So he plays for free for 3 years, then we can give him an actual paying contract. That oughta balance it out.

They way I see it, DedEx would owe us money for the absolutely ridiculous payday we handed him literally for nothing. So he plays for free for 3 years, then we can give him an actual paying contract. That oughta balance it out.
This may actually be a really good way to offset luxury tax penalties.

View attachment 11139
Just trying to secure the bag before he demands his way to Dolan.
Days spent in Utah since the season ended by Donovan: Zero.

Also your point here?…….. Donovan can’t even do the literal bare minimum. Dwyane Wade reps the Jazz harder than Donovan Mitchell these days.

Last edited:
Nance to the Blazers and Lauri to the Cavs. That’s two names that have been mentioned here a lot gone.

Nance to the Blazers and Lauri to the Cavs. That’s two names that have been mentioned here a lot gone.
What on earth is Cleveland doing? They pay a king's ransom for someone who *might* be able to do more than shoot, after paying Jarrett Allen and drafting Mobley? And they still have Love (for now.) It's just dumb. Chicago made out like bandits. I'm just glad Portland did something, for Dame's sake.

What on earth is Cleveland doing? They pay a king's ransom for someone who *might* be able to do more than shoot, after paying Jarrett Allen and drafting Mobley? And they still have Love (for now.) It's just dumb. Chicago made out like bandits. I'm just glad Portland did something, for Dame's sake.
I really don’t get the Lauri hate around here. He’s a young, 7-footer that shot ~.600 TS% and 40% on threes. The Cavs traded a dude not on their timeline and a 2nd for him, which is kinda nothing since this looks like a rebuild move.

I couldn’t tell you exactly what their plans are with Love but it feels like a buyout is inevitable since I don’t think anyone is trading for his contract and he might be cooked.

As far as Jarret Allen goes, someone is going to have to come off the bench nominally, but they could run a 3-man big rotation that gets Mobley and the other two ~30-ish minutes per game.

I think everyone made out pretty well here.

Markannen was getting systemically frozen in the Bulls system so another team with a versatile frontcourt rotation is going to be better for him. Allen, Mobley, Markannen can all form the frontcourt which can unlock some different looks. They got Rubio and Garland to serve them the ball too if Sexton proves again to be stubborn. I think he got the message, though.

I think they can get out of Allen's deal as soon as next year and get some assets which should be the priority anyways. I don't think this "logjam" creates long-term problems.

Also Nance had like 2 months of good basketball and may not be able to replicate that in another situation. Early Cavs run last year may have been a fluke.

Not a Lauri fan at all, but I dont dislike him as much as lot of what I see on my TL.

I dont really like the deal for Cleveland, but I guess they are Cleveland and you have to take the talent that is available to you. They paid a relatively small price for a guy with potential. They got some years to figure out what works in terms of how to best surround Mobley.

Markannen was getting systemically frozen in the Bulls system so another team with a versatile frontcourt rotation is going to be better for him. Allen, Mobley, Markannen can all form the frontcourt which can unlock some different looks. They got Rubio and Garland to serve them the ball too if Sexton proves again to be stubborn. I think he got the message, though.

I think they can get out of Allen's deal as soon as next year and get some assets which should be the priority anyways. I don't think this "logjam" creates long-term problems.

Also Nance had like 2 months of good basketball and may not be able to replicate that in another situation. Early Cavs run last year may have been a fluke.
It's not really a log-jam as long as they move Love. It's three main front-court players to divvy up 96 minutes. I just don't know if either Lauri or Allen actually compliment Mobley all that well.

This likely breaks Philly and NYs heart… signals Portland is fairly confident Dame is sticking around. Solid deal all the way around… you can at least see what each team is thinking.

It's not really a log-jam as long as they move Love. It's three main front-court players to divvy up 96 minutes. I just don't know if either Lauri or Allen actually compliment Mobley all that well.
Mobley's NBA position is probably 5 but I think there is nothing wrong with him playing the 4 for some developmental minutes. It's going to help him.

I have been looking at it from the offense only perspective tbh.

I will not be surprised if Love is bought out.