What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Damn. Wemby with an insane box score last night.
Kind of close to a quintuple double
33 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 blocks, and 9 turnovers.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
7 blocks again last night.

He gonna win like 10 straight dpoy's

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

I don't think Keyonte is ideally a full-time point guard. I think he can run some possessions, but he's a more impactful player when he plays free and looks to create opportunities for himself. He's not really an advantage creator as a lead guard.

I have to wonder if GG passing up Duke caused him to get black balled by some basketball gods & insiders.

He was more or less slandered in any way by pundits, like questioning his character and off the court decision making after that. Wasn't a negative or red flag to me he tried a slightly more unconventional path than a big name program.

That vape pen story many on the internet tied to GG didn't make any sense, the story was a "prospect" couldn't complete an NBA workout, that little tidbit told me it wasn't GG

Any team could moved into the mid 2nd rd last year and got who would be the consensus #1 pick (in my mind) this draft. Here we are tanking for 1 or 2 selections better in a weaker draft looking for anyone 1/3 as good. Kind of upsets my draft fandom some and a reason I haven't paid attention to this years class. that's my final rant on the subject

I have to wonder if GG passing up Duke caused him to get black balled by some basketball gods & insiders.

He was more or less slandered in any way by pundits, like questioning his character and off the court decision making after that. Wasn't a negative or red flag to me he tried a slightly more unconventional path than a big name program.

That vape pen story many on the internet tied to GG didn't make any sense, the story was a "prospect" couldn't complete an NBA workout, that little tidbit told me it wasn't GG

Any team could moved into the mid 2nd rd last year and got who would be the consensus #1 pick (in my mind) this draft. Here we are tanking for 1 or 2 selections better in a weaker draft looking for anyone 1/3 as good. Kind of upsets my draft fandom some and a reason I haven't paid attention to this years class. that's my final rant on the subject
You know what's a bit funny?

I believe the reporter who leaked that rumor was a Memphis based basketball writer. It was either Chris Vernon or Gary Parish (fact check me tho)... And the Grizzlies end up with GG.......

I fact checked and it was Parrish. Has no one connected these dots yet?

I wanted to draft GG with our late pick, and thought that would have been a good gamble, but we shouldn't pretend that there is still no risk. He's already been disciplined by his team for multiple rule infractions. I think there are still legitimate maturity concerns and still wonder how serious is about basketball.

Respectfully what gives you those concerns @SoberasHotRod Those clips above look about as serious as it gets! i'm kidding but why would you think that? He smiles a lot, has a good attitude.
It's really just the predraft stuff in combination with the team suspension. That team suspension is a huge red flag for me. How many rookies do you hear about getting suspended? I honestly can't think of any. Normally when you start your first job you are on your best behavior.

Maturity is the one thing that is most likely to improve over time, so this isn't the worst concern in the world, but I don't see how you can say it isn't a concern at all after the suspension.