What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

I think JC's deal means he can't be traded for 6 months... I think DA operates in the long term so a short term log jam is not a big concern for him.

I do think one of Sexton or THT is moved this summer. I would all but guarantee one of JC/THT/Sexton is moved by year end. I think JC's renegotiate and extend deal takes him out of the conversation until the trade deadline.
Is the ink dry on the Clarkson deal? Or, like, could it still be something that is agreed to in principle, but could be a part of a S&T scenario that develops in the next few weeks? (I don't have time to follow this kind of ish; appreciate your help).

Not a terrible use of the room exception

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it. I probably would've preferred to just let Hendricks take a lot of the backup 4 minutes, but Locke says he thinks he'll spend a lot of time in the G league next year, so that's kind of a bummer.

Other than the multiple DUI's, Checket's claim to fame was "knowing for a fact" that the Jazz were hiring Jim Boylen as our head coach instead of Snyder. . .
He may have a source or two around the league, but seems not to be a Jazz insider. Does Frank Isola still call in and bust his chops?

Not a terrible use of the room exception
Some (at least fan) speculation that Dallas could jump in with an MLE offer, since Portland matched their offer to Thybulle. You think a room exception could get it done (surpass any other team's offer and discourage Philly matching)?

Some (at least fan) speculation that Dallas could jump in with an MLE offer, since Portland matched their offer to Thybulle. You think a room exception could get it done (surpass any other team's offer and discourage Philly matching)?

I would hope so. Reed is more of a 4th/5th big and less of a bonafide rotation player imo.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it. I probably would've preferred to just let Hendricks take a lot of the backup 4 minutes, but Locke says he thinks he'll spend a lot of time in the G league next year, so that's kind of a bummer.

It would be pretty disappointing if that’s true. Part of the appeal of Hendricks is that he has NBA ready skills.