What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it. I probably would've preferred to just let Hendricks take a lot of the backup 4 minutes, but Locke says he thinks he'll spend a lot of time in the G league next year, so that's kind of a bummer.
Oh ****, well in that case I’m good clearing the way for a, uhh, you know, top 10 pick that we tanked our asses of for?

Oh ****, well in that case I’m good clearing the way for a, uhh, you know, top 10 pick that we tanked our asses of for?

I expected him to be in the rotation right away, even if it was just like 10 minutes a night at first.

Last edited:
Retaining JC is huge for our backcourt depth.

I said in another thread I would like some SF depth now.

We're so nasty at the 4-5 positions. Teams are going to dread playing us. We're going to score in the paint and the other team will likely get in foul trouble.

I think Reed is going to master driving toward the hoop and passing. And when he keeps the ball expect an easy two and/or a foul.

At this point who has a better bench than us? We have several guys who can step in and our offense and defense won't suffer.

Retaining JC is huge for our backcourt depth.

I said in another thread I would like some SF depth now.

We're so nasty at the 4-5 positions. Teams are going to dread playing us. We're going to score in the paint and the other team will likely get in foul trouble.

I think Reed is going to master driving toward the hoop and passing. And when he keeps the ball expect an easy two and/or a foul.

At this point who has a better bench than us? We have several guys who can step in and our offense and defense won't suffer.
Agree. Deep bench is vital if we want to be a contender. Let’s forget Dame (who doesn’t even want to play for us) and his depth-depleting contract and have a deep bench, develop a strong defense, and build our team properly.

Not as a free agent, but he is still on the summer league team. My guess is he gets another 2-way for the minimum now that all the cap space has been allocated.
I’d rather give another prospect a go, I think he’s had enough chances now to show us something but still hasn’t.