What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Besides White and Brogdon? And maybe Pritchard (he wanted out cuz he had no path to playing)?

Other players are also allowed to pass.
Sure, but their issue the last two playoff runs has been ball security and settling for bad shots. I get the Zinger appeal, but I just feel like they need a floor general of some kind

That’s what I thought too. What the hell are they doing over there?
Sucks pretty bad for the Wizards. On the other hand they got all of that for a guy with a no trade clause and a guy who was basically a free agent. It looks like this was the best that they could do.

I think given the circumstance the Wizards are doing the right things. They're choosing a clear direction for their franchise and will be in good shape to land a top pick next year. They are going to have pretty clean books under the new CBA and with Tyus Jones they can see what he can do given the starting position or flip him.

They also have other guys on the roster that they can get picks for to start developing their stash. The Jazz should definitely be calling.

Celtics are gonna be a force.
Assuming Porky re-signs in some capacity, I guess makes sense and very good value for Smart. Doesn't hurt to have additional size when Centers have proven they can be valuable still. For Washington, the more I think, I get the position. I guess getting some value given Staps could have just walked is... something. Wow that previous FO was just horrible.

The Celtics had to change something up I guess. I think the move sucks, but they had to do something and at least they got some draft capital to make a move with.

Smart replaces Dillon Brooks in the starting lineup who is expected to be let go. Tyus played really well for Memphis so that's a low key decent loss for them.

Not sure if Smart is better for Memphis than
Tyus, 2 1st rounders and Brooks

Smart is definitely the best player in the deal for Memphis, but Memphis has more work to do in my opinion.

I'm not sold on Porzingis. Boston will miss Smart.

No idea. I get the NTC absolutely screwing them with regard to dealing Beal. But the fact they got basically nothing for Porky is astronomically weird.
He was a free agent and not coming back so getting Jones for him is actually a good deal. They can move Jones for an asset in the future.

He was a free agent and not coming back so getting Jones for him is actually a good deal. They can move Jones for an asset in the future.
Yeah, that occurred to me after the post. I tend to spin my wheels bald before the coffee kicks in.

No doubt. Just feel bad for Wizards fan that this was about all the FO could do. Sheppard was really a horrible GM. Ownership didn't help matters either.
I bet wizard fans are actually pretty stoked to have a clear direction now. They have been stuck in no man's land for years. The good part is this also makes their 1st rd pick to the Knicks likely to never convey.