What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Among the things Tony Jones mentioned on radio interview today:
  • His own (personal) preference for Jazz at PG is Austin Reaves; would offer max. But thinks Lakers are going to match anything offered.
  • Strongly thinks Jazz top priority is more playmaking at this point
  • Again emphasized positional length for all positions (though threw out a few name for PG possibilities without much length)
  • Said Jazz had removed Cam Whitmore from draft board (I'm personally interpreting this as the Jazz felt Whitmore, GG would be better as "second draft" options than being the team to draft them initially)
  • Confirmed that Jarace Walker was higher on Jazz's board than Hendricks; that George was higher than Jordan Hawkins
Guess this just quadruple confirms that the Jazz really wanted to trade up for Anthony Black.

An interesting trade idea from RealGM:

Orlando gets Kelly Olynyk + pick compensation(lets say worst of the 2025 picks we have)
Utah gets Markelle Fultz

Would you do that?

Orlando gets Kelly Olynyk + pick compensation(lets say worst of the 2025 picks we have)
Utah gets Markelle Fultz

Would you do that?
Nope... I'm personally more intrigued with Sexton or THT at the point than Fultz. If it was KO and a second maybe... but I also think Orlando is more invested in Fultz and would not be all that interested. I think Suggs is kinda intriguing in a way but again... not giving up much.

I'd really just like to add one normal steady pg... I suppose Dunn can be that but the sample size is small. I'd like to get Monte Morris, Wright, or Jones out of Washington but I understand if we just see what we have in Sexton and THT with Dunn supplementing.

I'd really just like to add one normal steady pg... I suppose Dunn can be that but the sample size is small. I'd like to get Monte Morris, Wright, or Jones out of Washington but I understand if we just see what we have in Sexton and THT with Dunn supplementing.
Usually don't see Utah and Washington as natural trade partners, but they have guards and we have size.

Utah gets Markelle Fultz

Would you do that?
I would. Back in the day when both DedEx and Fultz seemed to be bombing, I wanted us to trade Dante for him. Still like him. On the other hand I don’t want too many pg’s on the roster, because my dream is that Keyonte gets thrown in there early.

Among the things Tony Jones mentioned on radio interview today:
  • His own (personal) preference for Jazz at PG is Austin Reaves; would offer max. But thinks Lakers are going to match anything offered.
  • Strongly thinks Jazz top priority is more playmaking at this point
  • Again emphasized positional length for all positions (though threw out a few name for PG possibilities without much length)
  • Said Jazz had removed Cam Whitmore from draft board (I'm personally interpreting this as the Jazz felt Whitmore, GG would be better as "second draft" options than being the team to draft them initially)
  • Confirmed that Jarace Walker was higher on Jazz's board than Hendricks; that George was higher than Jordan Hawkins
Classic Tony Jones:

first bullet - yeah, i've already made it clear lebron is keeping austin reaves regardless of what it takes
second bullet - no way to verify (again, classic tony - say something that we'll never know the answer to) but there are very few teams that don't prioritize playmaking so yeah, safe bet.
third bullet - the jazz want positional length - again of course they do - literally every team wants positional length
fourth bullet - this one is my favorite - he said the jazz removed cam from the draft board - uh, you think? they didn't draft him at 9, had another opportunity at 16 and still didn't take him, he was gone by their next pick - yeah, that's a pretty safe bet
fifth bullet - this one is almost as good as the fourth (maybe even better) - the jazz flat out said hendricks was 9th on their board, so of course they had jarace higher - they also had every other player that went in the top 8 higher. they also said George was #10 on their board - so again, it doesn't take a genius to figure out they had him higher than Hawkins who went 14.

tony jones is an embarrassment. he'd be fine if he just talked jazz, gave his opinions and didn't pretend he's an insider by spouting obvious **** that literally any dumb *** on this forum and has zero inside knowledge could come up with.

Classic Tony Jones:

first bullet - yeah, i've already made it clear lebron is keeping austin reaves regardless of what it takes
second bullet - no way to verify (again, classic tony - say something that we'll never know the answer to) but there are very few teams that don't prioritize playmaking so yeah, safe bet.
third bullet - the jazz want positional length - again of course they do - literally every team wants positional length
fourth bullet - this one is my favorite - he said the jazz removed cam from the draft board - uh, you think? they didn't draft him at 9, had another opportunity at 16 and still didn't take him, he was gone by their next pick - yeah, that's a pretty safe bet
fifth bullet - this one is almost as good as the fourth (maybe even better) - the jazz flat out said hendricks was 9th on their board, so of course they had jarace higher - they also had every other player that went in the top 8 higher. they also said George was #10 on their board - so again, it doesn't take a genius to figure out they had him higher than Hawkins who went 14.

tony jones is an embarrassment. he'd be fine if he just talked jazz, gave his opinions and didn't pretend he's an insider by spouting obvious **** that literally any dumb *** on this forum and has zero inside knowledge could come up with.
Why do you listen then? All you do is hate on the dude, so why are you listening?

Why do you listen then? All you do is hate on the dude, so why are you listening?
ha. trust me, i'm most definitely not listening to that blowhard. every once in a while when somebody on jf posts his ridiculous comments, i'll point out what a doofus he is because it's funny to me how stunningly pretentious he can be at times.

IDK where else to post this and I dont feel like doing a new thread, but today Locke said he thinks there was an internal struggle about letting Keyonte be "the man" at Baylor (as in the veterans resisted it).

Also made it seem like the other guy Utah was targeting at 28 was Nick Smith Jr.

IDK where else to post this and I dont feel like doing a new thread, but today Locke said he thinks there was an internal struggle about letting Keyonte be "the man" at Baylor (as in the veterans resisted it).

Also made it seem like the other guy Utah was targeting at 28 was Nick Smith Jr.
I didn't know what to take from that thing Locke said... did he want to imply that Keyonte was/had a bad leader/character/attitude(since the vets didn't trust him to lead the team) or is that an excuse about his efficiency(because the vets were pety and sabotaged him?). I didn't get what he wanted to say with that...

I didn't know what to take from that thing Locke said... did he want to imply that Keyonte was/had a bad leader/character/attitude(since the vets didn't trust him to lead the team) or is that an excuse about his efficiency(because the vets were pety and sabotaged him?). I didn't get what he wanted to say with that...
Not so much sabotoged, but he didnt the role that would best help the team.

Not so much sabotoged, but he didnt the role that would best help the team.
Sometimes it feels like Locke is
Maybe selling it? Not that he needs to. I didn’t make a lot of it… we all kinda know that college basketball is tough to evaluate certain players.