What's new

2024 NBA Draft Mega Thread

Also, what's the vibe on Ryan Dunn now? I know a lot of us where in on him as a late lotto guy, but he shooting never got better. In fact it just got worse and Virginia was an all disappointing Virginia team.

I'd think about him with the 2nd pick, but I doubt he would be a no brainer for me at 26-28.
These are my thoughts on Dunn.

I think Sarrs upside is more in his straight line attacking and playmaking than his shooting. I could see him being both an excellent rim runner and short roll guy. Kind of a Bam/Siakim hybrid of sorts. Think his body will fill out better than a guy like Claxton. Iirc he is one of the youngest dudes in the draft
Right. He has two swing skills kinda. If they both hit to some degree or either hit and the defense is real then I think you have something.

He also might be too skinny or the other stuff isn't that great and he's more like Okongwu.

I think he's a solid bet that I'd feel good about.

Tbh, I haven't done a ton of film on Sarr.....or anyone else above/below him lol.

I think the FT% is ok for a big....but that's the point. It's for a big. Remove the qualifier, and his outlook of actually being a floor spacer in the NBA isn't that good. I would also say that while having a big who can shoot is unique and a nice luxury, it's more impactful when a perimeter player develops a jump shot because it's a larger part of their game and opens up the rest. Like what do we get if Sarr ends up a good shooter, Myles Turner? Idk.

For him to be a #1 guy for me, I think I would have to see more in the ways of him creating his own shot and/or him being a truly elite defensive prospects. I've seen people who believe in both, so maybe I'll also land on that conclusion after watching him. But right now, I find the other prospects more interesting "if they can shoot". Collier and Holland, for example, would be elite prospects if they could shoot imo.

And as far as it being crazy that I have Shep #1....Yes and no for me. Yes it is crazy that a prospect of his level is going number one. But for me, anyone in this draft feels that way. I think Sarr and Risaccher are the most common #1 guys at the moment. Shep doesn't feel like a #1, but neither do those guys. I'm not sure anyone feels like a top 3 guy in this draft tbh.
I think Sarr is way more mobile than Turner. If he can shoot I'm not sure exactly what it looks like but I think he could get more room to shoot as guys might respect the drive and close out softer to him.

Watch him a little more and then let me know your thoughts. Not trying to sell you on him by any means. I think he has some intriguing upside but also might be Claxton type... which isn't the end of the world but would be a disappointment based on where he was drafted.

Castle looks good… their opponent is completely overmatched though. I need him to not look too good though. Need him available at 9.

I think Sarrs upside is more in his straight line attacking and playmaking than his shooting. I could see him being both an excellent rim runner and short roll guy. Kind of a Bam/Siakim hybrid of sorts. Think his body will fill out better than a guy like Claxton. Iirc he is one of the youngest dudes in the draft

I don't trust his shooting, but he might be able to do enough off the dribble to face up. Would be totally cool if he develops his passing.

Last edited:
Castle just went through the Big East tournament without making a 3. Kinda bothers me for a guard who plays with the ball. He did make one today, however. So that's something we can all celebrate.

If Castle doesn't become a confident/reliable shooter, I think he's a backup. His athleticism will look pretty average, and I'm not convinced his defense is all that special. Quick guards get by him. He should probably be able to guard up to 4 though using his strength. He has some feel with the ball and can pass. I just don't see why he'd be a priority. He doesn't have the positional size or athleticism advantage that, say, Anthony Black had last year, and he has at least as many question marks.

Castle just went through the Big East tournament without making a 3. Kinda bothers me for a guard who plays with the ball. He did make one today, however. So that's something we can all celebrate.
He's looking better than the Kentucky guards did, while they also played "inferior competition".

Cody Williams is moving well against Florida, playing solid defense, pushing the ball off the dribble and making a few nice passes. He's really long. He unfortunately seems quite earthbound and doesn't show much vertical athleticism unless he gets space and a running start. Another guy who just needs to commit to physical development.

One guy who pops as an NBA-level athlete is Riley Kugel for Florida.

I've seen Cody Williams play three times and he seems like he had a slow motor.

Motor looks fine to me. He's running the floor pretty well. It's the lack of bounce that's bothersome, imo. You're right though, I think the last game I saw he didn't look healthy, or maybe he was out of shape coming off his ankle injury

Cody Williams is moving well against Florida, playing solid defense, pushing the ball off the dribble and making a few nice passes. He's really long. He unfortunately seems quite earthbound and doesn't show much vertical athleticism unless he gets space and a running start. Another guy who just needs to commit to physical development.

One guy who pops as an NBA-level athlete is Riley Kugel for Florida.
Riley Kugel sucks tho

If Castle doesn't become a confident/reliable shooter, I think he's a backup. His athleticism will look pretty average, and I'm not convinced his defense is all that special. Quick guards get by him. He should probably be able to guard up to 4 though using his strength. He has some feel with the ball and can pass. I just don't see why he'd be a priority. He doesn't have the positional size or athleticism advantage that, say, Anthony Black had last year, and he has at least as many question marks.
He's bigger than Black...

I think Sarr is way more mobile than Turner. If he can shoot I'm not sure exactly what it looks like but I think he could get more room to shoot as guys might respect the drive and close out softer to him.

Watch him a little more and then let me know your thoughts. Not trying to sell you on him by any means. I think he has some intriguing upside but also might be Claxton type... which isn't the end of the world but would be a disappointment based on where he was drafted.

I'll have to watch more for sure. Seems to be a lot of people that believe both his offense and defense are a little more special than what I see on the surface....I mean everyone has him 1 or 2 right now. I think also biased towards lead ball handlers/wings as I view them more valuable, so I like the other guys better right now.

Also, maybe it's GG trauma. But I'm definitely going to be more forgiving in young guys in tough situations this cycle. I suppose that applies to Sarr as well, but I've been wondering if the initial 3 American prospects that have been #1 at one point (Matas, Holland, Collier) are actually equal or better than the international trio (Sarr, Risacher, Topic) that have been the consensus top 3 for awhile.

I just like that Castle figured out how to get on the court and just mix in to a very good team. IDK he might just be a good connecting piece on both ends but could also be more there.