What's new

3D picks Mitchell #5 ROY candidate

I was looking at the roster that the celtics have and they either have to start Haywood or Crowder at the 2 (Or smart but he can't shoot) ...

IT, Smart, Rozier, Jackson
Haywood, Brown
Crowder, Tatum, Nader
Morris, Ojeleye
Horford, Zizic

Who is going to rebound the ball, block shots or play interior defense

I was looking at the roster that the celtics have and they either have to start Haywood or Crowder at the 2 (Or smart but he can't shoot) ...

Haywood, Brown
Crowder, Tatum, Nader
Morris, Ojeleye
Horford, Zizic

That is not a team battling for home court in the Western Playoffs.

Being a man of the cloth, St. Cy is compelled to retire early I imagine. I believe, based on his performance at S.L. that Kuzma will beat out Nance.

They love Nance. Expect Nance and Kuzma to get solid minutes. Can play them together even. Lakers are building a nice team.must suck for jazz fans knowing They will win another title before Jazz even get to play for one.

Guess you don't follow the nba much since Jackson is no longer been on the team for like a week now

QUOTE=Crocodile Dante;1462497]I was looking at the roster that the celtics have and they either have to start Haywood or Crowder at the 2 (Or smart but he can't shoot) ...

Haywood, Brown
Crowder, Tatum, Nader
Morris, Ojeleye
Horford, Zizic

Who is going to rebound the ball, block shots or play interior defense[/QUOTE]

If I was Simmons I would take it personally the love being shown Ball. Some experts are now saying Simmons' passing game is only drooled over cause he is a big. I call BS on that. He has been the best passer on the court his whole life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQAwDojUXOs

Just in case you don't have google.com

Thx for the vid, I'd almost forgotten just how good that guy is. I'm just quoting 3D, I really hope anybody but Ball wins it, Lavar and co. (BBB) is like the evil empire as far as I'm concerned.

Ball and Simmons have both impressed me with their vision and passing in summer league, but we'll have to see how that translates over to the real deal.

I think Mitchell will get more playing time than I initially thought he would. I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting around 25 MPG by the end of the season assuming he doesn't hit the rookie wall hard.

The fact that they said they're going to play him and the fact that they held him out of some SL games makes me wonder if perhaps they might not be grooming him to eventually be the MAN. They stuck with Gordo thru thick and thin even before he became the six million dollar (a month) man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iymqy8p5qc

Has this been posted anywhere?

Chris Vernon on the Ringer NBA show :

"Pitino loved him[Mitchell], which tells you everything you need to know... Pitino doesn't love anybody and he swore by the kid. I went and talked to Glynn Cyprien, who coached the Grizzlies summer league team. The Grizzlies played against Mitchell and it was the game he had 37 and 8 steals and I watched the game and I thought it looks like you put a 4-time NBA all-star out on the floor with the rest of these guys. He's just so much better than everyone. And after the game I went and talked to the coach [Glynn Cyprien] about Donovan Mitchell. And he told me that in last year he was a personnel guy and a scout for the Grizzlies and he went to Louisville to see one of their practices and said during the course of the practice Pitino came over to him and told him "Cyp, this is the best shooter that I've ever had". Think about everybody that's ever played for Rick Pitino. He said "this kid's the best shooter I've had". And then... after the practice is over... Donovan Mitchell walks straight over to him and said "Coach, my name's Donovan Mitchell. Is there any tips you can give me that will help me on the next level?". And he was like "I was just blown away". I'm telling you every single person I've gone to at SL... none of them are Jazz related people, did nothing but rave about this kid both on and off the court. I think I'm pretty much all in on Donovan Mitchell".

https://www.listennotes.com/the-rin...ue-standouts-and-more-nba-free-agency-ep-133/

Boston also plans to play Tatum A lot at the 4. Crocodile must not get much bball news living down under

Tatum will get abused defending 4s. Are they going to make Horford play center? Isn't that why they added two legitimate (non-Olynik) centers? I think you are, as always, full of crap.

I'm going to make an argument for Mitchell. First, I don't think he will win ROY. If he's as good on the defensive end as he was in summer league, he will get minutes. Bryon Russell got minutes Soley because he played good defense. He got 16 min a game his rookie year, on a team full of vets on a contending team, or at least a team expected to make the playoffs every year. IMO Mitchell is a better defender and offensive player. We all know how Quinn values defense, and if Mitchell got hot early I could see him getting 25 min a game or even becoming a starter by mid season. I don't see this happening, but I could see it happening

Q values defense - except when it means inserting Mack over Exum.

Haywood, Brown
Crowder, Tatum, Nader
Morris, Ojeleye
Horford, Zizic

Two words.... Aron Baynes :)

i was shocked not to see Kyle Kuzma on the list. Randle will be traded by the trade deadline. Kuzma will be starting will hear chants of MVP by april. Labron James will sign with the Lakers just to get a chance to play with Kuzma.
I hope this isn't a serious pipedream lol. Randle has come in this offseason looking like Malone (lite). If I'm the Lakers and if Kuz plays at a high level, he's my punch of the bench.

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app

You were watching a 'highlights' package of him missing mid range jumpers?

Or his highlight packages don't have any shots beyond 3 ft?

I'm watching his highlights and noticing that he seems to not look at the hoop much and seems reluctant to shoot and his shot looks poor and not much three point attempts = red flags imo

I'm watching his highlights and noticing that he seems to not look at the hoop much and seems reluctant to shoot and his shot looks poor and not much three point attempts = red flags imo

His shot chart at LSU:

simmons_chart.jpg