What's new

3D picks Mitchell #5 ROY candidate

^
He wasn't 1% on 3's. He was 1/3 for 33%.

I wonder if the other numbers are inaccurate too.

That's the percentage of shots from 3 he took, compared to his total amount of FGs. He shot 3 times all season from beyond the arc, and took 386 FGs during the year, so it's around 0.78%, which they rounded up to 1%.

His 3PT% was of course not 0%, it was 33% as you said, but only on 1 of 3. So something happened there and they got it wrong, but it's absolutely meaningless anyway, given the extremely low sample size. And other than that the chart gives you a pretty accurate look at the areas where he likes to shoot from or not.

Last edited:
That's the percentage of shots from 3 he took, compared to his total amount of FGs.

Yeah, it's pretty clear from the chart that the numbers on the left are percentage of shots taken in those three categories.

^
He wasn't 1% on 3's. He was 1/3 for 33%.

I wonder if the other numbers are inaccurate too.
You read it wrong. The 1% is representing the percentage of the shots he took. In other words, only 1% of his attempts were from the 3 point line. In other words again, he is EXTREMELY reluctant to shoot the 3 ball.

I was looking at the roster that the celtics have and they either have to start Haywood or Crowder at the 2 (Or smart but he can't shoot) ...

IT, Smart, Rozier, Jackson
Haywood, Brown
Crowder, Tatum, Nader
Morris, Ojeleye
Horford, Zizic

Who is going to rebound the ball, block shots or play interior defense

This lineup gonna get exposed. IT's defense was hidden by Bradley, who always took the toughest guard match-up. No way Gordon takes that role. Who is going to guard Lowry, Kyrie, Westbrook, etc? They are going to miss Bradley more than they currently admit.

They are going to have to play Smart next to IT, which means Crowder goes to the bench, or Crowder slips to the 4 and Morris goes to the bench. They have talent but are not a well balanced or constructed team and going to have chemistry problems.

I doubt Ball takes it because he'll struggle to score efficiently due to his low release on the shot. He'll get a ton of minutes, and probably put up big stats, but I'm betting Simmons has a better season.

This guy knows what's up.

My top ROTY candidates next year...

#1 Luka Doncic
#2 Deandre Ayton
#3 Trae Young
#4 Collin Sexton
#5 Kevin Knox

Cy was arguing with me in another thread from last year that Lonzo's shot was just fine (because everyone else was talking about how broken it is). :D

Lol, Trae Young number 3??? Dude's going to get roasted his first year

I'm not a big Trae Young fan. I think he'll be incredibly inefficient in year one. Possibly for his whole career. But if the Hawks trade Dennis Schroder he'll be allowed to jack up shots whenever he wants.

I see Mitchell really picking up and ending the year 20+ PPG, leading us to a top 5 seed. We'll probably bump of one of these fake super teams like OKC when we meet in the playoffs. It will be hard to overcome Simmons because the media really has already decided he's the ROTY. He's probably going to light it up from three and break some kind of record. I see every team depressed that they passed on him, especially the Lakers when they realize what a **** show LaVar is.
Damn, dude. You really hit it out of the park on this one.