What's new

5 best Kyrie Irving trade scenarios (Jazz mentioned)

1.Lebron
2.KD
3.Kawhi
4.Curry
5.Harden
6.CP3
7.Westbrook
8.Gobert
9.AD
10.Giannis
11.Butler
12.Green
13.Wall
14.Jokic
15.KAT
16.Hayward
17.PG13
18.Lowry
19.Thompson
20.Gasol
21.Griffin
22.Irving
23.Lillard
24.DJ
25.IT
26.Cousins
27.Millsap
28.Conley
29.Love
30.Horford

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

I would put him 13 on this list. No way Wall is better than Irving.

1.Lebron
2.KD
3.Kawhi
4.Curry
5.Harden
6.CP3
7.Westbrook
8.Gobert
9.AD
10.Giannis
11.Butler
12.Green
13.Wall
14.Jokic
15.KAT
16.Hayward
17.PG13
18.Lowry
19.Thompson
20.Gasol
21.Griffin
22.Irving
23.Lillard
24.DJ
25.IT
26.Cousins
27.Millsap
28.Conley
29.Love
30.Horford

I'd put Paul George above Wall, then Irving right behind Wall, precisely because of defense.

I would put him 13 on this list. No way Wall is better than Irving.

Wall is absolutely better than Irving. Don't get me wrong Kyrie is an elite scorer and I would love to have him on this team, but between his lack of defense, poor team play, and attitude I just don't think we should trade away guys like Mitchell for him.

Plus the guy is a flat-earther for hell's sake!

Edit: Quick article about ^
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-talk-causing-headaches-for-science-teachers/

Kyrie on the Jazz would be fun. Until he split for one of his preferred teams and we would have to watch Donovan Mitchell be D-Wade 2.0 over in Cleveland.

1.Lebron
2.KD
3.Kawhi
4.Curry
5.Harden
6.CP3
7.Westbrook
8.Gobert
9.AD
10.Giannis
11.Butler
12.Green
13.Wall
14.Jokic
15.KAT
16.Hayward
17.PG13
18.Lowry
19.Thompson
20.Gasol
21.Griffin
22.Irving
23.Lillard
24.DJ
25.IT
26.Cousins
27.Millsap
28.Conley
29.Love
30.Horford

I like your top 9 (though I would have AD at 5 or 6), I think after that top 9 (the cream of the NBA imo) 10-17 are totally interchangeable to a certain extent (I think Irving belongs somewhere in that 10-17 range), then 18-23 is another tier of interchangeable guys, then the rest .

Good list overall. Well done

I like your top 9 (though I would have AD at 5 or 6), I think after that top 9 (the cream of the NBA imo) 10-17 are totally interchangeable to a certain extent (I think Irving belongs somewhere in that 10-17 range), then 18-23 is another tier of interchangeable guys, then the rest .

Good list overall. Well done

Yeah, I think ranking players is almost impossible its much easier to put them in tiers. I put Lillard in the same tier as those maybe even 10 to 23.

Agree that Cy's list is pretty good.
Not sure who I would take off the list, but DeRozan and Porzingis belong in the top 30 somewhere...
Haywood probably ranked too high...if you ask anyone that isn't a Jazz (or now Celtics) fan, it's a pretty unanimous belief that PG13 is better than Haywood.

Agree that Cy's list is pretty good.
Not sure who I would take off the list, but DeRozan and Porzingis belong in the top 30 somewhere...
Haywood probably ranked too high...if you ask anyone that isn't a Jazz (or now Celtics) fan, it's a pretty unanimous belief that PG13 is better than Haywood.

I would bump Lowry down and maybe bump Conley off. I think Derozan is better than Lowry and in the same level as Hayward and PG13.

I think Porz will be in the top 30 but isnt yet.

I don't usually play around with crazy Trade Machine ideas: but here goes one based on a few dubious assumptions (Jazz really want to acquire offensive star power and are willing to pay for it -- ie giving up depth; Cavs are happy to move on from Love even if Kyrie goes and think having Carmelo there will make it more likely for Lebron to stay; Knicks are willing to value flexibility, high ceiling/low floor over Ryan Anderson's contract):

Cavs
Out: Love, Irving, Jefferson, Felder
In: Anthony, Rubio, Joe Johnson, Hood, first-round pick

Knicks:
Out: Anthony
In: Favors, Exum, Jefferson, Bolomboy

Jazz:
Out: Favors, Joe Johnson, Hood, Exum, Rubio, Bolomboy, first-round pick
In: Love, Irving, Felder

Jazz:
Gobert/Udoh/Bradley
Love/Jerebko/
Ingles/Sefolosha/O'Neale
Mitchell/Burks
Irving/Neto/Felder

Cavs:
Thompson/Frye/Tavares
Anthony/Johnson/Green
James/Korver/Osman
Hood/Smith/Shumpert
Rubio/Rose/Calderon

Knicks:
Porzingis/Noah/O’Quinn
Favors/Hernangomez/Bolomboy
Kuzminskas/Thomas/Jefferson
Hardaway/Lee/Baker
Exum/Ntilinkina/Sessions

Last edited:
I want Love. No on Kyrie.
I'm going to say it first: within 2 years, Jazz are going to be happy they let Mitchell develop instead of having Kyrie take 20 shots/per.

And, I think Rubio is going to develop further under Quin. Hood is going to want too much to stay. He'll get some ridiculous offer Utah won't want to match. Jazz may lose Exum, too. But a Rubio/Mitchell starting tandem will be just fine.

DL needs to find a couple of forwards, though.

Cavs out: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love
Cavs in: Melo, Favors, Joe Johnson, NY 1st, Jazz 1st

Utah Out: Favors, JJ, 1st Round pick
Utah in: Kevin Love

NY in: Kyrie Irving
NY out: Melo, 1st round pick

I would bump Lowry down and maybe bump Conley off. I think Derozan is better than Lowry and in the same level as Hayward and PG13.

I think Porz will be in the top 30 but isnt yet.
Agreed on all of it. I do think porz gonna rocket up the list within the next couple years. I would love to have him

I don't usually play around with crazy Trade Machine ideas: but here goes one based on a few uncertain assumptions (Jazz really want to acquire offensive star power and are willing to pay for it -- ie giving up depth; Cavs are happy to move on from Love even if Kyrie goes and think having Carmelo there will make it more likely for Lebron to stay; Knicks are willing to value flexibility, high ceiling/low floor over Ryan Anderson's contract):

Cavs
Out: Love, Irving, Jefferson, Felder
In: Anthony, Rubio, Joe Johnson, Hood, first-round pick

Knicks:
Out: Anthony
In: Favors, Exum, Jefferson, Bolomboy

Jazz:
Out: Favors, Joe Johnson, Hood, Exum, Rubio, Bolomboy, first-round pick
In: Love, Irving, Felder

Jazz:
Gobert/Udoh/Bradley
Love/Jerebko/
Ingles/Sefolosha/O'Neale
Mitchell/Burks
Irving/Neto/Felder

Cavs:
Thompson/Frye/Tavares
Anthony/Johnson/Green
James/Korver/Osman
Hood/Smith/Shumpert
Rubio/Rose/Calderon

Knicks:
Porzingis/Noah/O’Quinn
Favors/Hernangomez/Bolomboy
Kuzminskas/Thomas/Jefferson
Hardaway/Lee/Baker
Exum/Ntilinkina/Sessions
That jazz roster looks pretty dope

I wouldn't trade Donovan for a 2 year Irving rental. Donovan will be here at least 7 years and he looked great so far. Probably the most excited rookie we've taken in a long while

Uh, I am pretty sure you are last to say it in this thread.

A lot are still proposing a trade for Kyrie and pairing Kyrie and Mitchell in the back court. While that would be great, I'm saying Rubio/Mitchell is a better combo for the long-term future of the Jazz. Lets Mitchell get a lot of shots instead of leftovers if Utah had Kyrie. Also calling for a trade of Hood to make room for Mitchell as the starter at the 2 (and as a preventative step to get something for him - instead of declining to match a 4/$100m offer).