What's new

America is great and everything is NOT Pres. Trump's fault thread

Media brainwash? You're an idiot. People with half a brain go 100% off what comes out of Trump's mouth, and the mouths of the feeble, bigoted, amoral sycophants he has dredged up from the swamp.

Hitler gained power in 1933. He didn't start slaughtering jews until around 1941. People did not support Hitler at first but they began to as he whipped them into a fervor... just like Trump is doing to his base. We are only two years into Trump. Not saying Trump is Hitler, but not saying he isn't.
You're off the deep end. And @Red, remember when you said that you were unaware of people who were comparing Trump to Hitler in the literal sense?

You're off the deep end. And @Red, remember when you said that you were unaware of people who were comparing Trump to Hitler in the literal sense?

Why wouldn't you compare Trump to Hitler in the literal sense? I'm interested in your response.

Thanks, but you didn't respond at all to the portion of the post that I was thinking about when I wrote my response. His opinions on hate speech were very interesting and eye-opening for me. (I know, I should have been clearer.) Do you agree or disagree with what he said about that part?

That depends on the situation. It's one thing to be an iconoclast, it's another to make veiled threats. Putting up a Nazi flag as the lone Nazi in a Jewish neighborhood is a statement, putting up the same flag when there is one Jewish family on a block of otherwise white people can be threatening.

How is it ********? I thought it was common knowledge that the vast majority of tax revenue comes from the rich.

If I'm wrong, I'm more than happy to be corrected.

The progressive tax rates are often "worked" by CPA professionals who know all the dodges. People worth billions, with nine-figure annual gross incomes, actually pay less taxes as a percentage than greasy-spoon waitresses. Dems even do it.
100k-200k/yr professionals probably pay the real highest percent of annual and also as class probably pay over half the income tax revenue.

You are 100% correct on the NFL protesters.

I disagree with your comment about Sanders. Getting in someone's face is where it crosses the line. It is not okay to drive people out of restaurants, etc. It is not okay to tell your followers to do those kinds of things. I have heard Maxine Waters tell her constituents to misbehave. I haven't heard Trump to tell his to do the same, but I agree with your implication that he ought to make it clear to his followers that bad behavior will not be tolerated. He definitely doesn't do a good enough job of this. The guy seems to be fueled by conflict, and that's a very bad thing.

I can't even decode your stuff about the BLM.

The Man on the Street, as I hear it, has a lot to say about bad jails, disproportionate sentencing, and no way out. The uppity up organizers of BLM are just street thugs working the issue. Put them on ignore and don't blame black kids. Their cause is just, they are just being exploited. Doesn't mean we should not listen.

The progressive tax rates are often "worked" by CPA professionals who know all the dodges. People worth billions, with nine-figure annual gross incomes, actually pay less taxes as a percentage than greasy-spoon waitresses. Dems even do it.
100k-200k/yr professionals probably pay the real highest percent of annual and also as class probably pay over half the income tax revenue.

10% of a billion is a whole lot more than 30% of 200k.

That depends on the situation. It's one thing to be an iconoclast, it's another to make veiled threats. Putting up a Nazi flag as the lone Nazi in a Jewish neighborhood is a statement, putting up the same flag when there is one Jewish family on a block of otherwise white people can be threatening.
One Brow, does the same argument applies also to China, Russia and Hutu persons? I.e one flag is a statement, a bunch of them is threat? I guess that if those Idaho teachers had masked themselves as a hutu warriors with similar clothes etc which were common in 1994 in Rwanda or made a small replica of Lhasa in 1950 and dressed as chinese soldiers, then i presume, that Democrat party fans and other anti-Trump persons would not have noticed it at all.

You are 100% correct on the NFL protesters.

I disagree with your comment about Sanders. Getting in someone's face is where it crosses the line. It is not okay to drive people out of restaurants, etc. It is not okay to tell your followers to do those kinds of things. I have heard Maxine Waters tell her constituents to misbehave. I haven't heard Trump to tell his to do the same, but I agree with your implication that he ought to make it clear to his followers that bad behavior will not be tolerated. He definitely doesn't do a good enough job of this. The guy seems to be fueled by conflict, and that's a very bad thing.

I can't even decode your stuff about the BLM.
You're kidding about not hearing Trump tell his followers to misbehave, right? There's video of him telling people at his rallies to beat up protesters.

One Brow, does the same argument applies also to China, Russia and Hutu persons? I.e one flag is a statement, a bunch of them is threat? I guess that if those Idaho teachers had masked themselves as a hutu warriors with similar clothes etc which were common in 1994 in Rwanda or made a small replica of Lhasa in 1950 and dressed as chinese soldiers, then i presume, that Democrat party fans and other anti-Trump persons would not have noticed it at all.

I do not think I completely understood your post, but I will try to respond appropriately. Please let me know if I missed the point.

I am not sure what Democrats did or did not notice in 1994, and what liberals (who could have been Republican or Democrat) did or did not notice in 1950, but I think one of the ways our culture is changing is in our understanding that words and symbols themselves can be used as threats in some circumstances, and even more so as statements that certain people are unwelcome.

Trying to stay positive in this thread is quite difficult.

The Trump/Hitler comparison is ridiculous. I am surprised that liberals and anti-Trump people (that's for you people that are offended that I say you are liberal) still use this stupid argument.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-comparisons-are-only-helping-president-trump

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/393049-the-strategic-blunder-of-trump-as-hitler

"But overwrought comparisons to the Nazis are both historically illiterate and an extreme strategic misstep. The president’s critics have crossed a rhetorical line from which there can be no turning back.

That the Trump administration would be compared with Nazi Germany is not surprising. Accusations of “Republicans-as-fascists” long predate this administration. A Democratic congressman accused President Ronald Reagan of “trying to replace the Bill of Rights with fascist precepts lifted verbatim from ‘Mein Kampf.’ ” In more recent times, recall Keith Olbermann’s tarring of President George W. Bush as a “fascist” in an on-air segment in 2008, an appellation also bestowed upon other members of the Bush administration.

Perhaps memories of the unfair accusations of fascism experienced by her husband explain Laura Bush’s decision to break ranks and instead go with a tortuous comparison of separating families of illegal border-crossers with the internment of Japanese-American citizens, keeping with the World War II theme but without resorting to outright accusations of Nazism.

Others, however, have no such compunction. Members of Congress, former officials, reporters and TV commentators have tweeted comparisons of U.S. detention facilities to Nazi concentration camps or issued none-too-subtle invocations of gas chambers in their tweets about children being led away from their parents by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents. Reporters have peppered administration officials with questions about their “Nazi” tactics."

Last edited: