What's new

Game Thread Apr 10, 2022 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 04-10-22

You think GS without Curry is more dangerous than the Mavs at full strength?

I dont. I dont think they will be without curry though. In fact, i think curry is going to be as rested as he has been in years and ready to destroy. Healthy and motivated and rested warriors team scares me more than the suns tbh.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

With how this team is playing of late, a quick 1st round exit may be a tender mercy.

Unless the Jazz are trying to pull a Keyser Soze, the ability for them to succeed in the playoffs against a healthy opponent doesn't exist. Even if they squeak by the Mavs, they can't beat the Suns.

As such, at this point I'd prefer beatdown losses in round one so ownership/management does not hold onto any delusions that we should just run it back.

In that case the best case scenario for us is to lose to a luka-less mavs team. If that happens then we definitely dont run it back.

The thought process of being the 6 seed is to face Memphis in the second round opposed to Phoenix. I don’t know about you guys but I’d rather stay away from playing Luka he is the type of player who can drag scrubs to the conference finals or farther like LeBron has done before.

Now in hindsight with him possibly being injured of course I’d rather face them now but come on guys let’s not be naive.

I wanted the mavs over warriors all along. Warriors have a bunch of championship experience and finished ahead of the mavs despite curry missing a bunch of time for a reason. At one point they were the best team in the league. They have championship potential. Mavs are just hoping to get some good run in the playoffs and take a step forward.

I completely disagree. Q definitely has his faults. But we don’t have the size or athleticism to take the next step. You aren’t winning more than what Q already has with a backcourt so small and a 3-4 position so lacking in defensive ability. Herb Jones and a bigger PG would’ve improved this team more than any coaching change.

Eh, quin could play lineups with more size and athleticism if wanted too.
Start juancho at the 4. He has good size. Bring conley off the bench and start don at the point. Start gay at the 4. Play paschall more. Play house and royce at the same time. More butler. Many things a new coach could try. Not sure they would work but there are some options.

The one by the U? I will be in SLC next week for the first time in awhile. The Pie, La Frontera and Crown Burger are my must go to places. RIP Training Table.

I think sojo is south jordan. I too miss traing table badly. They had an amazing club sandwich

The one by the U? I will be in SLC next week for the first time in awhile. The Pie, La Frontera and Crown Burger are my must go to places. RIP Training Table.
Went to Crown last year, still amazing. Unfortunately, Apollo used to be very similar to Crown but has been taken over by new owners and it's not nearly as good.

The Pie in South Jordan off Redwood Road gives the same food as the downstairs location up at the U but with much better parking and a really cool outdoor patio area. Plus, it's closer to where I live. If you haven't been to the SoJo location, then you should hit it up. It's got a great location.

Start juancho at the 4. He has good size. Bring conley off the bench and start don at the point. Start gay at the 4. Play paschall more. Play house and royce at the same time. More butler. Many things a new coach could try. Not sure they would work but there are some options.

Why the **** didn't we do this stuff back in December or January? Especially after Paschall killed it in Toronto? I don't disagree that we should've played around with the lineups a lot more. I'm mad as anybody about his rigid lineups. I hate how he'll still play Rudy and Conley deep into the 4th quarter in games we have well in hand against teams that aren't coming back. But I also don't believe Juancho at the 4 or Gay (who looks worse than the 2nd year Iso Joe) gets us into the WCF. Does it maybe help make us more competitive? Absolutely. It's worth a shot! However, I don't think it's enough to get us into the WCF (hope I'm wrong).

For that to have happened, we needed to have drafted Bane and/or Herb and not blown away assets to get rid of Favors. The last two summers have damned our team to 2nd year exits. Draft Bane instead of Doka and Herb Jones instead of Butler, and this team has ample wings that can match anything GS, Memphis, or Phx can throw out.

But i think that would mean we would have to play the warriors in round one. They were the best team in the league for a stretch this year. Also have some championship experience.
Im very happy to play the mavs. I heard something about a luka injury too.

I think it's a no-brainer to me. Also, the Warriors beat us recently even without Steph. I'd much rather play the Mavs. Luka is injured. But that doesn't mean he'll miss the series. As another poster had to remind us all multiple times last night, just because Luka's injury averaged 16 days for recovery this year, that doesn't mean he'll miss any games. He could be back tomorrow, he could be back in one week, or he could come back in over 2 weeks and miss a significant amount of the playoffs! You see Fishon, the average means it could be lower or higher than a set number. So if you average eating 3 pizza slices from The Pie after 10 trips, that probably means on some days you ate 2 slices and some days you ate 4 slices. It doesn't guarantee that you'll eat 3 slices.

Sorry, I just had to add some nuance there in case anyone here thought you guaranteed this board to eat 3 pizza slices from The Pie.

Having said that, a potentially less than 100 percent Luka or a Luka that can't play is majorly preferable to the Warriors who still have Green, Wiggins, Thompson, Porter, Payton, and a bunch of other athletic studs. Plus, Kerr >>> "Bump into me so I spill this drink over the court" Kidd

I think it's a no-brainer to me. Also, the Warriors beat us recently even without Steph. I'd much rather play the Mavs. Luka is injured. But that doesn't mean he'll miss the series. As another poster had to remind us all multiple times last night, just because Luka's injury averaged 16 days for recovery this year, that doesn't mean he'll miss any games. He could be back tomorrow, he could be back in one week, or he could come back in over 2 weeks and miss a significant amount of the playoffs! You see Fishon, the average means it could be lower or higher than a set number. So if you average eating 3 pizza slices from The Pie after 10 trips, that probably means on some days you ate 2 slices and some days you ate 4 slices. It doesn't guarantee that you'll eat 3 slices.

Sorry, I just had to add some nuance there in case anyone here thought you guaranteed this board to eat 3 pizza slices from The Pie.

Having said that, a potentially less than 100 percent Luka or a Luka that can't play is majorly preferable to the Warriors who still have Green, Wiggins, Thompson, Porter, Payton, and a bunch of other athletic studs. Plus, Kerr >>> "Bump into me so I spill this drink over the court" Kidd
Actually what said poster was trying to convey was just because the averages on this injury may seem to favor us that we might not want to use that sample to compare to because soft tissue injuries are tricky... say you can eat 4 pieces of little ceasar's pizza... but you go to the pie and can only eat 2 because that **** is heavy... there is a difference there. With soft tissue injuries you often don't know if they are healed until you try. So in the regular season a trainer may not give the okay at 7 days even though the player is pain free... because waiting a week is fine... but said player might actually be totally okay to return.

But I get it... how dare anyone insult your intelligence by saying "hey we may not want to use the averages to set our expectations here". You should put that poster on ignore that'd show him/her.

Klay thompson in his last three games of the season scored 36, 31, and 41. Didnt even play a ton of minutes.

If steph is healthy (and rested) and klay is playing like that (he is), and draymond can turn it on for the playoffs (he can) and wiggins is an all star (he is) then they might be the favorites to win it all.

Actually what said poster was trying to convey was just because the averages on this injury may seem to favor us that we might not want to use that sample to compare to because soft tissue injuries are tricky... say you can eat 4 pieces of little ceasar's pizza... but you go to the pie and can only eat 2 because that **** is heavy... there is a difference there. With soft tissue injuries you often don't know if they are healed until you try. So in the regular season a trainer may not give the okay at 7 days even though the player is pain free... because waiting a week is fine... but said player might actually be totally okay to return.

But I get it... how dare anyone insult your intelligence by saying "hey we may not want to use the averages to set our expectations here". You should put that poster on ignore that'd show him/her.
Thank you Captain Obvious.

I love absolutely love how you're so insecure about this that you have to keep explaining and re-explaining this. I mean, I was merely joking with this last post. And yet you still took the bait because you're so insecure about yourself. It's just hilarious. You're refuting where none is needed. You're conveying points that don't need to be conveyed. You talk big on the Internet because you're such a small human being in person. It's really quite amazing to me.

Klay thompson in his last three games of the season scored 36, 31, and 41. Didnt even play a ton of minutes.

If steph is healthy (and rested) and klay is playing like that (he is), and draymond can turn it on for the playoffs (he can) and wiggins is an all star (he is) then they might be the favorites to win it all.

Yep. Wiggins and Klay would tear us up. Toscano isn't a loser. Payton can be thrown at Spida/Clarkson and offer resistance. Porter is a nightmare for us to defend, especially if Royce continues to go 1-6 3 pts per game. I mean, the wings and guards that Kerr could deploy against us are endless. Give me Dallas where Luka tries to go 1 on 5 and must score 30+ assist 10+ to beat us. If we lose to Dallas we tip our hats off to an amazing Luka performance.

I'm actually serious, why the **** didn't Quin play with our lineups like... At all this year? Has anyone from the media ever asked him? I thought giving Butler more burn and Eric more of a chance were no brainers.

Have you been to Caputos? They have two locations in SLC. Their Caputo sandwich is really good.
I was actually really disappointed when I got that sandwich. That was at the Holliday or whatever location. Then I got a muffuletta from the downtown location and it was a little better but still didn't really like it. Italian sandwiches are easy money with me, I could eat an Italian sandwich 3 meals a day every day.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I love absolutely love how you're so insecure about this that you have to keep explaining and re-explaining this. I mean, I was merely joking with this last post. And yet you still took the bait because you're so insecure about yourself. It's just hilarious. You're refuting where none is needed. You're conveying points that don't need to be conveyed. You talk big on the Internet because you're such a small human being in person. It's really quite amazing to me.
You know nothing about me. But go ahead and talk all the **** you want cuz you on ignore now.

I was actually really disappointed when I got that sandwich. That was at the Holliday or whatever location. Then I got a muffuletta from the downtown location and it was a little better but still didn't really like it. Italian sandwiches are easy money with me, I could eat an Italian sandwich 3 meals a day every day.
Hmmm. Interesting. What are your favorite sandwich shops? I could eat a sandwich every day.

Ever been to Sensuous in Orem or Provo? More of a big sandwich place rather than sophisticated.

In that case the best case scenario for us is to lose to a luka-less mavs team. If that happens then we definitely dont run it back.

Agreed. I honestly hate having this attitude, but I feel like any glimmer of success will give management an excuse to keep the status quo.

After the multiple 4th quarter meltdowns, and Quin's response to the media, it is clear he is not an effective leader that holds people responsible for their mistakes (except for Jared Butler, the one guy he should just let him loose to gain some confidence and see if he can be worth something).

I actually think Don and Rudy can be successful together, but the sets need more paint movement, and the defense needs to be more aggressive. Don needs to have his number called with more off ball, multiple screen options with rolls that cause havoc on defenses.

On defense, this team does not anticipate screens, rarely take charges, and the rotations are horrible. I have to believe good coaching can remedy a good chunk of that.

I'd actually love to give Horny a second chance as an NBA coach and see what he can do. He was dealt a poor hand in Phoenix.