What's new

Game Thread Apr 10, 2022 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Trail Blazers

Added to Calendar: 04-10-22

Why did you want us to lose? So we’d play golden state in the first round instead of Dallas? You think we have a better shot against golden state?
I absolutely do. Steph isn’t back yet. GS hasn’t been amazing lately. Luka and the Mavs can do the same **** that has destroyed us in the playoffs in the past. They have decent good sized wings that can play small ball and switch on the perimeter. Luka also dominates small guards… he flat out buried pat Beverly last year in the playoffs. Now if he’s hurt… another story obviously

I absolutely do. Steph isn’t back yet. GS hasn’t been amazing lately. Luka and the Mavs can do the same **** that has destroyed us in the playoffs in the past. They have decent good sized wings that can play small ball and switch on the perimeter. Luka also dominates small guards… he flat out buried pat Beverly last year in the playoffs. Now if he’s hurt… another story obviously
Yeah I think we’re gonna just disagree here. Even without Steph i don’t want to face the warriors. No thanks.

Dallas? With or without Luka, bring them on.

The average recovery time for a calf strain injury in the nba this year was 16 days according to a previous poster. Of course it can range more or less than 16 days, I know what the definition of “average” means believe it or not.
Yeah… and I said they have a seven day break… 16 isn’t gospel obviously. I strained a calf last week and am playing in a game tomorrow. It’s an injury you don’t know about until you test it… in the regular season those injuries team staffs will be more conservative on. I’m just letting folks know this is t a death sentence for playoff Luka and may not cost him any time.

Yeah… and I said they have a seven day break… 16 isn’t gospel obviously. I strained a calf last week and am playing in a game tomorrow. It’s an injury you don’t know about until you test it… in the regular season those injuries team staffs will be more conservative on. I’m just letting folks know this is t a death sentence for playoff Luka and may not cost him any time.
Hence why the average recovery for that injury this year is 16 days. It can be less or more than 16.

At this point it seems like you’re just arguing just to argue.

Yeah I think we’re gonna just disagree here. Even without Steph i don’t want to face the warriors. No thanks.

Dallas? With or without Luka, bring them on.
When DFS goes full Terrence Mann remember this discussion. GS without Steph is really manageable… it really neuters Draymond not having Steph and they play non shooting bigs or Bjelica who Rudy will bury.

Neither are great options… so it’s fine to disagree.

For Some reason I think you got the impression that I guaranteed Luka would miss this playoff series. It helps to actually read what people say before responding to their posts. Bold emphasized by me.

If luka can’t play for a few Weeks then the Mavs are going to be finished in 4 games. Which is somewhat warranted by the basketball gods. Last year was ******** for us.

Hence why the average recovery for that injury this year is 16 days. It can be less or more than 16.

At this point it seems like you’re just arguing just to argue.
Not really you stated he could miss a week of playoffs based on an average recovery time… he could also be fine for game 1… all I was saying homey.

When DFS goes full Terrence Mann remember this discussion. GS without Steph is really manageable… it really neuters Draymond not having Steph and they play non shooting bigs or Bjelica who Rudy will bury.

Neither are great options… so it’s fine to disagree.
This seems like a strange take given the collapse we just had against a Curry-less Warriors a few days ago.

That said, I don’t feel great about our chances against a Luka-less Mavs team either so that probably tells you where my opinion is on this team right now.

For Some reason I think you got the impression that I guaranteed Luka would miss this playoff series. It helps to actually read what people say before responding to their posts. Bold emphasized by me.
I simply explained what Dallas does… I could have also stated they’ve been one of the hottest teams in the league. I mean last time we argued it was me telling you why we should have drafted Bane over Doke sooooooo….

I simply explained what Dallas does… I could have also stated they’ve been one of the hottest teams in the league. I mean last time we argued it was me telling you why we should have drafted Bane over Doke sooooooo….
You didn’t explain what Dallas does. You proceeded to lecture me through several separate posts that just because the average calf injury recovery takes 16 days that it doesn’t mean that Luka would miss any games this series. It was as if you thought I didn’t understand what average meant. You even explained how you suffered a similar injury and were still playing. LOL like I care? Or this changes empirical data from league averages stated 3 pages ago?

As if someone here had guaranteed that Luka would miss this series. We don’t know. All we know is what the average time to recover from this injury is.

Just go back and read through the last two pages of this thread. It’s pretty hilarious.

With how this team is playing of late, a quick 1st round exit may be a tender mercy.

Unless the Jazz are trying to pull a Keyser Soze, the ability for them to succeed in the playoffs against a healthy opponent doesn't exist. Even if they squeak by the Mavs, they can't beat the Suns.

As such, at this point I'd prefer beatdown losses in round one so ownership/management does not hold onto any delusions that we should just run it back.

This seems like a strange take given the collapse we just had against a Curry-less Warriors a few days ago.

That said, I don’t feel great about our chances against a Luka-less Mavs team either so that probably tells you where my opinion is on this team right now.
The mavs smoked us too… Luka less mavs is ideal. But I’m not sure Steph will be more healthy than Luka. The style they play follows the formula of the teams that has beaten us the last 3 years so not sure why it’s weird. Lukas last two playoffs he’s been a killer… against a team that had a **** ton of wings.

With how this team is playing of late, a quick 1st round exit may be a tender mercy.

Unless the Jazz are trying to pull a Keyser Soze, the ability for them to succeed in the playoffs against a healthy opponent doesn't exist. Even if they squeak by the Mavs, they can't beat the Suns.

As such, at this point I'd prefer beatdown losses in round one so ownership/management does not hold onto any delusions that we should just run it back.
At this point I don’t think the jazz have the assets to make the changes that fans think are necessary. Seriously, what are the Jazz going to do? They don’t have the draft picks or cap space to improve. So regardless of a first or second round exit, what are they going to do? The only option for this team is to make drastic changes and rebuild after this year (unless they win it all). Might as well enjoy this playoff run and hope it goes all the way to a championship.