What's new

Game Thread Apr 21, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 04-21-22

Lmfao at you thinking your HS basketball experience is at all analogous to NBA.

What's more likely: the coach who has led numerous #1 defensive teams in the NBA sucks at coaching defense or the players he has suck at defense?
Lmfao

Didn't say bench him for the entire game. Pull him, "coach" him about what is expected, put him back in. That's coaching 101.
Quin did that, though. He was dropped into to gap between Rudy and the corner when Rudy helped to deter the pass, he missed Kleber a couple times and didn't execute it properly.

It sucks because how Donovan is playing in the clutch this year, you have to have him on the court the last 5-6 minutes.

So who is in a worse situation? Us losing a game minus Luka or the Suns losing a game and getting Booker hurt?

Jazz are fine. It's pretty rare for a road team to go up 2-0. Brunson scored 40 and Kleber hit 8 3s. Good for them. Jazz are still in control of the series. If the Jazz won Game 2, the series would effectively be over already. Now Jazz need to win their home games, with or without Luka playing.

Regarding the Suns, it depends on how long Booker is out. The Pels are good enough to win the series if Booker doesn't play.

Quin did that, though. He was dropped into to gap between Rudy and the corner when Rudy helped to deter the pass, he missed Kleber a couple times and didn't execute it properly.

It sucks because how Donovan is playing in the clutch this year, you have to have him on the court the last 5-6 minutes.
That is where I mentioned that they need to pick their poison, and I guess they did. They have multiple gaps to close, bad perimeter D, inability to score being the worst. So with the group that was struggling with both, Quin just ran with it. I would hope he makes an effort to close at least one of those gaps. So maybe it would have been better to run with Juancho at the end instead of Bogey since Bogey was hurting us on D and not doing much to help on O. Give a different look when he gets a different look if the team or players can't or won't respond to what he is asking them to do.

that was Dallas game. Rudy and bogey was injured and we started with dm, mike, royce, Juancho and paschal. that first half we were switching and we defended the perimeter. it was a delight. then successive DNP for gay
Dallas had a 130 offensive rating that game.

Jazz adjustments needed: have Donavon Conley and Clarkson each grow 4 inches taller and add 25 pounds of muscle. Have Rudy develop a low post game and a 3 point shot. Break Kleber's right arm.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Luka won’t play in Game 3. At the earliest we will see him back Game 4 in my opinion.

Jazz need to come out with urgency. We need to win this series. We could potentially be playing the Pelicans or a Booker-less Suns depending on how bad his injury is. We know how prolonged they can be with Conley’s situation last year and if he does play he will be severely limited like Harden last year.

Luka won’t play in Game 3. At the earliest we will see him back Game 4 in my opinion.

Jazz need to come out with urgency. We need to win this series. We could potentially be playing the Pelicans or a Booker-less Suns depending on how bad his injury is. We know how prolonged they can be with Conley’s situation last year and if he does play he will be severely limited like Harden last year.
I think Booker will be alright by the time Round 2 rolls around.

View: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1516847324823265284

One thing that needs to return is 3 pointers off the dribble. The Jazz are in their own heads. They don't want to shoot the ball because they're scared *****ess, but all it's doing is leading to missed shots inside the paint and easy transition baskets the other way. Mitchelll, Conley, and Clarkson have to let some shots fly or we're going to run into the same problem.

Oh, and if Quin could make an adjustment after 3 years of embarrassment on defense that would be nice too....but that is an unreasonable ask.

One thing that needs to return is 3 pointers off the dribble. The Jazz are in their own heads. They don't want to shoot the ball because they're scared *****ess, but all it's doing is leading to missed shots inside the paint and easy transition baskets the other way. Mitchelll, Conley, and Clarkson have to let some shots fly or we're going to run into the same problem.

Oh, and if Quin could make an adjustment after 3 years of embarrassment on defense that would be nice too....but that is an unreasonable ask.
Making an adjustment means that your initial plan was wrong, or at least not completely appropriate or right. But Quin is a professional and his first instinct is usually right, so 'adjustment' is kind of a non sequitur.