What's new

Game Thread Apr 21, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 04-21-22

Making an adjustment means that your initial plan was wrong, or at least not completely appropriate or right. But Quin is a professional and his first instinct is usually right, so 'adjustment' is kind of a non sequitur.
LOL while snorting coffee all over the computer screen.

If I'm Quin and Luka is playing, make him play D, run him through screens and let's see how that owie is doing. Sloan would do it, George Karl would do it, but I know it might mess up the system.
It never occurred to Quin to make the opponent work on defense to stifle their offense. A tired player misses more, makes more mistakes, etc., even at the pro level. It seems to be a sad fact that Quin doesn't realize this or thinks it doesn't matter.

Jazz are fine. It's pretty rare for a road team to go up 2-0. Brunson scored 40 and Kleber hit 8 3s. Good for them. Jazz are still in control of the series. If the Jazz won Game 2, the series would effectively be over already. Now Jazz need to win their home games, with or without Luka playing.

Regarding the Suns, it depends on how long Booker is out. The Pels are good enough to win the series if Booker doesn't play.
If that Jazz hadn't had these same breakdowns for the last quarter of the season, I may agree with you.

Jazz are fine. It's pretty rare for a road team to go up 2-0. Brunson scored 40 and Kleber hit 8 3s. Good for them. Jazz are still in control of the series. If the Jazz won Game 2, the series would effectively be over already. Now Jazz need to win their home games, with or without Luka playing.

Regarding the Suns, it depends on how long Booker is out. The Pels are good enough to win the series if Booker doesn't play.
What’s your definition of fine? Idiot!!!

Really depends on how long Booker is out. Phoenix should still win this series, even if Booker doesn't return, but if he's out a prolonged time, or hobbled by a consistent hamstring issue, it could prove pretty devastating.

The thing is, the Suns are on borrowed time and really, their title hopes are tied to whether Paul can keep this play up another year or so. If he can't or he retires, they'll still be very good but I'm not sure they'll be good enough.

So, knowing that, it's a big deal for the Suns only because if they don't win it this year, are they actually going to be better next year with an aging Paul? Maybe - they did win a lot with him out this season. But still, it's a huge unknown.

With the Jazz, not much is expected of them...even if they get by Dallas. This season they are not a real contender, imo, so losing this round, or next round, is kind of the expectation now.
Saw Booker is likely to miss the next 2 games of the series.

i doubt doncic plays and if he does he might be able to move like he usually does. This is one of those situations like last year where mike was questionable every game until game 6 or 7

You’d think seeing something like this would motivate our team (or at least our coach), but they surveyed the landscape last year and sad, “nah, **** it. We good.”

You’d think seeing something like this would motivate our team (or at least our coach), but they surveyed the landscape last year and sad, “nah, **** it. We good.”
We're good enough, we're smart enough, and doggone it, (some) people like us (except Rudy)!

"According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Booker is unlikely to play in Games 3 and 4 of the Suns' first-round series. However, Booker's right hamstring strain is believed to be mild and he isn't being ruled out of the series yet, per Wojnarowski."
Without Booker, they are in trouble. NO is quite a good team and have nothing to loose. Who knows maybe it's our year ! Go Jazz!!