What's new

Game Thread Apr 25, 2022 7:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 04-25-22

I can pretty confidently say that the Jazz did not lose this game due to a lack of effort. They really fought on both ends of the floor. They didn’t give up, even when they were down by 30-plus points. That’s not to say that what they did was successful — obviously it was not. But they can’t be faulted for not trying in this one.

Was she watching the same game I was?

the crew that cant shoot straight.

losing ingles sucks, because he was such a damn good floor general and could shoot.

I couldn't sleep last night so I finally watched the replay of Game 5. I was surprised to see that we actually did come out with good intensity. We were fighting and playing hard, just our shots weren't falling. Mid second quarter we were down 3-5 points and generated 5 wide open 3pt looks by Bogey, Mitchell, and Royce. If we make 3-4 of those wide open looks we are in the lead. We made 0 of them, and were down 11 pts and then you could just tell the energy dropped off. That's where we lost the game.

Almost all of Bogey's shots were very open. I'm guessing his legs are gone after expending himself full court on defense. With fresh legs he could have had a Kleber like night and scored 25+ points on 8+ 3ptm.

The Mitchell hamstring injury looked a lot more like a get me out of the game thing than anything serious. The description of a contusion doesn't really match what seemed to occur on the play. It's a little fishy.

I couldn't sleep last night so I finally watched the replay of Game 5. I was surprised to see that we actually did come out with good intensity. We were fighting and playing hard, just our shots weren't falling. Mid second quarter we were down 3-5 points and generated 5 wide open 3pt looks by Bogey, Mitchell, and Royce. If we make 3-4 of those wide open looks we are in the lead. We made 0 of them, and were down 11 pts and then you could just tell the energy dropped off. That's where we lost the game.

Almost all of Bogey's shots were very open. I'm guessing his legs are gone after expending himself full court on defense. With fresh legs he could have had a Kleber like night and scored 25+ points on 8+ 3ptm.
Yeah, too bad we don't have a big energy guy that could have done some spot minutes to spell Bogey off and take care of the full-court pressure. Like a guy that is 6-8 and long and fairly quick or a guy that is like 6-6 and built like a truck, but moves like a sportscar. You know if we had one of those guys we could have had them take some of those minutes to just bug the hell out of the ball full court and maybe Bogey would have been more fresh. We really need to find some guys like that, and, you know, actually put them in the game from time to time.

It's amazing how we sucked collectively in these series. Maybe we finally get to start the game well and win. But it will feel anyway like prolongating the agony.