What's new

Game Thread Apr 28, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 04-28-22

Don’t worry, we’ve played 5 poor games and all of them were flukes and outliers, so please appeal to the larger sample size of “historic offense.”

The only game that was really flukey was Game 5. We were literally 3-30 from 3 and they were damn near all wide open. Amazing looks.

I’ve been looking at some of the mock drafts and Utah does not have any draft picks this year what the hell is going on absolute shambles this team needs to be blown up straight away for good draft picks and start the rebuild which can be achieved within 3 years with trading Mitchell and gobert and tanking

We have to at least get to the conference finals for the perception to change. Making it to the second round definitely isn't good enough anymore.
Especially if we beat a team that was missing their best player for three games and the Suns dismantle us in the second round.

So do our perceptions change if Utah wins this series? Still blow it up or major reshuffle?
IMO they do a bit if the Jazz win this and at least have a very competitive 6 or 7 game series against the Suns. Though, I think changes are coming regardless.

I think this will be by far our best game of the series...our 3's will finally start to fall, the defense will be good and we'll win convincingly. Then just as everyone gets their hopes up, we will completely **** the bed in game 7.

The only game that was really flukey was Game 5. We were literally 3-30 from 3 and they were damn near all wide open. Amazing looks.
Can't speak for the rest of em but Bogey had a good excuse playing 38 minutes on Saturday and picking their best players up from beyond half-court, with the same assignment again Monday. He had to be totally spent.

Pro athletes do not like getting embarassed and the Jazz were totally embarassed in game 5. We will see if they bounce bask or totally fold.

For the life of me I have no idea why we dont run more Gobert stuff to get him against guards.

Teams are willing to guard Gobert with a guard because they dont think Utah will actually pass to him, so why not punish them?

Gobert can do this vs Bullock and Dinwiddie. Both guys are complete softies on defense with contact.

For the life of me I have no idea why we dont run more Gobert stuff to get him against guards.

Teams are willing to guard Gobert with a guard because they dont think Utah will actually pass to him, so why not punish them?

Gobert can do this vs Bullock and Dinwiddie. Both guys are complete softies on defense with contact.
They actually did it once in (I think) game 5. Rudy had a nice one bounce move to turn around a bit, and Bullock just fouled him. Looked like something that could be repeated...

It's not the system.