What's new

Game Thread Apr 28, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 04-28-22

I hope that you somehow have the math wrong on that one - as if there's a snowball's chance that we could actually win this series! Sorry but I just can't stomach another year with Snyder at the helm. I know it sounds viscious and awful but Rudy and the boys ain't gettin any younger and I'd like to see what a good coach could do with them. Mitchell can stay or go AFAIC, but I do feel as though, unlike Rudy, he's actually slipping now, and easily replaceable. And Conley the same.

I agree. I've been on the let Quin go bandwagon since the Denver debacle two years ago. With that said, if the Jazz do win this in seven, and give Phoenix a good series in the semifinals, yeah I do think they bring him back if he wants to come back (no guarantee he does, tho).

Do I think it'll happen? No. I've already outlined that I think the odds are pretty stacked against Utah winning this series. There is no indication they'll win this series based on the previous five games and typically, though i guess there are times when it's probably happened, you can get a sense of whether a team is capable of pulling off the wins needed to win (I'm thinking Utah in 2007 vs Houston). There is no sense of that this year. Dallas has outplayed Utah pretty much the whole series and if Luka had not been out for the first three games, two of which Dallas won anyway, I suspect the Jazz would have been swept.

THAT would've ended in everything being blown up.

Prediction: Alpha Don will show up to game 6.

Prediction: You're right but no one else shows up and it'll be like game six of last year's semifinals where Mitchell puts up a historic effort only to run out of gas in the fourth because he can't do it all on his own and the Jazz die.

I agree. I've been on the let Quin go bandwagon since the Denver debacle two years ago. With that said, if the Jazz do win this in seven, and give Phoenix a good series in the semifinals, yeah I do think they bring him back if he wants to come back (no guarantee he does, tho).

Do I think it'll happen? No. I've already outlined that I think the odds are pretty stacked against Utah winning this series. There is no indication they'll win this series based on the previous five games and typically, though i guess there are times when it's probably happened, you can get a sense of whether a team is capable of pulling off the wins needed to win (I'm thinking Utah in 2007 vs Houston). There is no sense of that this year. Dallas has outplayed Utah pretty much the whole series and if Luka had not been out for the first three games, two of which Dallas won anyway, I suspect the Jazz would have been swept.

THAT would've ended in everything being blown up.
Sounds like unimpeachable logic Sir. Damn I’m going to be super conflicted during game 6 now.:oops:

I think we need to take Conley and Royce out of the starting lineup. I would go with Mitchell/Clarkson/Bogey/Juancho/Rudy or if Quin wants to keep JC in his 6th man role, Mitchell/House/Bogey/Juancho/Rudy. The starting lineup has been absolutely awful and Quin needs try something different to give us our best chance to win.

I think we need to take Conley and Royce out of the starting lineup. I would go with Mitchell/Clarkson/Bogey/Juancho/Rudy or if Quin wants to keep JC in his 6th man role, Mitchell/House/Bogey/Juancho/Rudy. The starting lineup has been absolutely awful and Quin needs try something different to give us our best chance to win.

It's an elimination game, you have to try something. Clarkson is our only player that has any juice right now, so I think you have to try putting him in the starting lineup to see if he can get things rolling earlier. He's one of the only guys who can take shots away from Don, who has been pressing a little to start games. You can take him out when Conley normally comes out and he can still play his 6th man role.

It's an elimination game, you have to try something. Clarkson is our only player that has any juice right now, so I think you have to try putting him in the starting lineup to see if he can get things rolling earlier. He's one of the only guys who can take shots away from Don, who has been pressing a little to start games. You can take him out when Conley normally comes out and he can still play his 6th man role.
The same reason why you’re saying it’s an elimination game and need to try something new, is the exact reason why Quin is saying it’s an elimination game and it’s too risky to try something new.

If the players were robots it would actually be the logical thing to do.
Well, as my biggest beef with Quin is not having his guys ready, not looking at effort, and not instilling any confidence in his guys, and not being able to stop the bleeding of momentum swings, and not acknowledging fourth quarter meltdowns, it would make sense that he views these guys as robots.

Well, as my biggest beef with Quin is not having his guys ready, not looking at effort, and not instilling any confidence in his guys, and not being able to stop the bleeding of momentum swings, and not acknowledging fourth quarter meltdowns, it would make sense that he views these guys as robots.
But Quin is looking at those numbers, rubbing his hands together in glee and say we are about to revert to the mean and win the NBA championship.