What's new

Game Thread Apr 28, 2022 08:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 6

Added to Calendar: 04-28-22

Well, as my biggest beef with Quin is not having his guys ready, not looking at effort, and not . instilling any confidence in his guys, and not being able to stop the bleeding of momentum swings, and not acknowledging fourth quarter meltdowns, it would make sense that he views these guys as robots.
I’m not sure what you want from Quin. He built a motivational speech algorithm and it has all the right buzzwords and platitudes in just the right amounts. He mapped it out and it is only a matter of time before it works. He grew some stubble because he heard that people with stubble are 3% more likeable. You don’t adjust the team with the number 1 offensive vorped PER efficiencies. We can’t play new players because we have no data on them… we have to trust math science and law. We simply need more juice in our execution. Our Juicexcition needs to be dialed up ya know…

1651116491686.gif

I’m not sure what you want from Quin. He built a motivational speech algorithm and it has all the right buzzwords and platitudes in just the right amounts. He mapped it out and it is only a matter of time before it works. He grew some stubble because he heard that people with stubble are 3% more likeable. You don’t adjust the team with the number 1 offensive vorped PER efficiencies. We can’t play new players because we have no data on them… we have to trust math science and law. We simply need more juice in our execution. Our Juicexcition needs to be dialed up ya know…

View attachment 12026
Juicability isn’t a thing until it’s a catch-all stat for Joint Univariate Initiated Correlation and Bayesian Independent Liklihood in Truncated Y-variables. So until somebody develops that, it’s like a tree falling in the forest.

Utah Fraudzz are quite sus and sketchy, even on their homecourt. It'd be a miracle if they win tomorrow. I think they will but I don't think they have the toughness, mentality and fortitude to pull it off in game 7 if it happens. They just don't have the backbone to face adversity.

Don't have a lot of predictions for this one... but one thing I do think... Whiteside levels Luka tonight in frustration. The two techs he got last game were totally garbage. Luka stiff armed him on the attempt and then flails his arms as he collapses and refs go nuts for his BS. Hassan will get his revenge.

I think we need to take Conley and Royce out of the starting lineup. I would go with Mitchell/Clarkson/Bogey/Juancho/Rudy or if Quin wants to keep JC in his 6th man role, Mitchell/House/Bogey/Juancho/Rudy. The starting lineup has been absolutely awful and Quin needs try something different to give us our best chance to win.
I want to see this. dm and jc can get the ball to Rudy much better than conley anyways and these 2 will hunt Luka all day. Juancho guards Brunson, bogey on Luka. jc and dm on dfs and bullock. could work.

I truly hope the Jazz come out with fire and intensity, determined to "not go gentle into that goodnight" as the poet said, but I haven't seen any signs of it so far.

As the jazz lose today, it will probably be the most relaxing game I’ve watched since the last time the jazz blew someone away, sad how bad things got. Here’s hoping for a blowout loss tonight leading to change in the off-season. I hope the jazz get completely embarrassed tonight. Whatever it takes to blow this team up

Don't have a lot of predictions for this one... but one thing I do think... Whiteside levels Luka tonight in frustration. The two techs he got last game were totally garbage. Luka stiff armed him on the attempt and then flails his arms as he collapses and refs go nuts for his BS. Hassan will get his revenge.
Man, Luka is so easy to frustrate. It could explode in your hands if he gets angry and drops 40 but more likely he is going to complain to no end and get himself kicked out of the game. You don't even need to do much. Just talk a little bit, give him side looks and get rough now and then. If we had shown any poise throughout the season, I would have been hopeful. Instead, we are the ones getting played.

Wish we had Ingles.