What's new

Are There Any Republicans That Feel Welcome In This Part of the Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteakNEggs

I sure don't and it seems most of us have been silenced but maybe I'm wrong? Anybody? Just curious as it seems that most Republicans here get banned or silenced around here. If I'm wrong fellow Republicans, call me out.

This is a genuine question not trolling so please don't ban me.

Last edited:
Not a republican, more moderate, but I wouldn't consider this forum to ban people for being republican. Most of the bans come from people who let the emotions go wild and type some thing disgusting towards another person. Yes, I see people who lean left make some disgusting remarks as well. I think its how far you actually push the issue with the moderators.

Silencing is big here when it comes to certain topics. Covid was the biggest culprit but it wasn't any different than what was happening outside of the forum. My wife was silenced by her friends and family over her stance on covid as were many others. From both sides of the issue.

You won't be silenced here if you fight for your opinion with information, facts and sources. Being logical, rational and understanding will go a long way having a discussion with the other side. For example, you can have an opinion on trans youth playing in women sports without attacking 3 members who have children who are trans. They might not like what you say, but they won't attack you if you're being sincere and reasonable with your opinion.

I think you're more feeling like youre being ganged up on, which will happen in this forum because majority of posters in this general forum lean left. Which is why it should be fun to debate in here for you. Where's the fun in hanging out in echo chambers. You get nothing out of it.

Not a republican, more moderate, but I wouldn't consider this forum to ban people for being republican. Most of the bans come from people who let the emotions go wild and type some thing disgusting towards another person. Yes, I see people who lean left make some disgusting remarks as well. I think its how far you actually push the issue with the moderators.

Silencing is big here when it comes to certain topics. Covid was the biggest culprit but it wasn't any different than what was happening outside of the forum. My wife was silenced by her friends and family over her stance on covid as were many others. From both sides of the issue.

You won't be silenced here if you fight for your opinion with information, facts and sources. Being logical, rational and understanding will go a long way having a discussion with the other side. For example, you can have an opinion on trans youth playing in women sports without attacking 3 members who have children who are trans. They might not like what you say, but they won't attack you if you're being sincere and reasonable with your opinion.

I think you're more feeling like youre being ganged up on, which will happen in this forum because majority of posters in this general forum lean left. Which is why it should be fun to debate in here for you. Where's the fun in hanging out in echo chambers. You get nothing out of it.
Calling Trump supporters cultist is no different than calling someone a pedophile. Calling people racist, Nazi, cult, murderers, stupid, uneducated, and much more is thoroughly acceptable as long as you are Democrat. It's demeaning and bigoted. It's completely acceptable here yet when someone does the same thing back, they are banned. Wishing death on another member is definitely ban worthy but since said person donates money he get's free pass after free pass. This guy has a terrible history here too. No need to name names but I reported him and nothing. Wishing a painful death on somone is far worse than anything I've ever done. This has happened a few times though most of the time outside of this one it's more jokingly but this one was pretty bad and nothing... Nothing... absolutely... nothing. Apparently wishing death on someone is acceptable.

You say people "wont attack you if you are being sincere" yet there is an entire thread calling people Transphobes for disagreeing. There is an entire thread dedicated to calling posters transphobes and that is completely ok to call people names... Why is it ok to call someone a transphobe? Calling someone a transphobe for having a difference of opinion is a bully tactic to silence people that think differently. That is not "sincere or reasonable" like you claim... that is name calling, no different than calling someone a pedophile but that's ok... Why is that ok? It is sheer double standards... Name calling and calling someone a transphobe is every bit as insulting as calling out people who are openly for castrating children and have even said that it's ok to show children your genitals because people have taken showers in locker rooms. This is not an insult that is a conversations that I have had here and it is calling people out for things they have legitimately said they stand for. Flashing kids your penis and boobs is wrong no matter what. People here say it's ok.

Notice how there is not a single Republican here yet that has chimed in? Do you think that's because they have ALL been banned, silenced, or down right bullied into not wanting to come around? Explain to me why in Utah... There is hardly any Republicans here in this forum? It's because we are not welcome here. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
The GOP has become a cult. Expect to be ostracized by rational people if you support the GOP. Pretty sad that a guy like Will Hurd can't even qualify for the GOP debate, where you have to swear fealty to Trump to participate.

The GOP has become a cult. Expect to be ostracized by rational people if you support the GOP. Pretty sad that a guy like Will Hurd can't even qualify for the GOP debate, where you have to swear fealty to Trump to participate.
The intolerance I speak of. Thank you for proving my point. Now this thread is going to turn into a cesspool of hate and bigotry with the usual suspects. Just watch the toxicity then they cry foul when someone like me says something back.

Is it intolerance to shun people who support an abusive and criminal con-man narcissist? I wouldn't tolerate a murderer either, does that make me intolerant?

Reactions: Red
I enjoy reading the politics thread, but it sucks whenever anybody persistently derails the discussion by making it uncivil and hostile, which several people are guilty of.

Is it intolerance to shun people who support an abusive and criminal con-man narcissist? I wouldn't tolerate a murderer either, does that make me intolerant?
"The GOP has become a cult. "

Don't backtrack. You called all republicans cultist. That is bigotry and intolerance by definition. Like word for word.

"The GOP has become a cult. "

Don't backtrack. You called all republicans cultist. That is bigotry and intolerance by definition. Like word for word.
There are many Republicans who regret what has happened to the GOP and would vote for a debilitated Biden before a treasonous Trump. Unfortunately they are in the minority and Trump still has strong cult support.

There are many Republicans who regret what has happened to the GOP and would vote for a debilitated Biden before a treasonous Trump. Unfortunately they are in the minority and Trump still has strong cult support.
So to me... You are no different than what you accuse Trump of. Every bit as hateful as you make him out to be. Post like yours are every bit as decisive but it's acceptable for you all to be Trump just not him.

So to me... You are no different than what you accuse Trump of. Every bit as hateful as you make him out to be. Post like yours are every bit as decisive but it's acceptable for you all to be Trump just not him.
What kind of word salad is this? Lol.

What kind of word salad is this? Lol.
Now this is your typical look over there response. It's extremely simple what I said. You calling the entire Republican party a cult is very Trump like. It's ok for you to be Trump like and be spiteful but you hate Trump for doing EXACTLY what you all do here.

And it's crazy to me that this left leaning board talks about Trump every... single...day... to the point of literal obsession yet has the audacity to call others cultist. To me it seems you all think and obsess about him more than most GoP'ers. It's literally every day with you all. Every...single...day. Democrats idolize and obsess about Trump far more than any Republican I know. It's an addiction imo. That's my honest opinion not a means to demean. I genuinely think Democrats are addicted to him and him being in the news is basically heroin to them.

Last edited:
Calling Trump supporters cultist is no different than calling someone a pedophile.
A member of a cult is victim (who might be participating in their own victimization), a pedophile is a predator. I see a big difference.

Calling people racist, Nazi, cult, murderers, stupid, uneducated, and much more is thoroughly acceptable as long as you are Democrat.
There are openly white supremacist groups and Nazi groups making headlines; should we shy away from actively identifying them? When a person gets indicted in four separate jurisdictions, and their support increases, is that not cult-like behavior? I agree with you that calling large groups murderers, stupid, or uneducated is inappropriate.

In past, you have painted everyone with a broad brush, for example, when you hold me to task for the excesses of posters like The Thriller. Perhaps if you respond to each poster as the person they are, instead of thinking of us all as a monolithic bloc, you can have the respectful conversations you claim to want, and ignore the people who are not respectful.

Wishing death on another member is definitely ban worthy but since said person donates money he get's free pass after free pass.
Said person has been banned multiple times over the past few years, just like you have.

Wishing a painful death on somone is far worse than anything I've ever done.
Again, I would say calling people pedophiles or saying they support child mutilation is worse.

You say people "wont attack you if you are being sincere" yet there is an entire thread calling people Transphobes for disagreeing. There is an entire thread dedicated to calling posters transphobes and that is completely ok to call people names... Why is it ok to call someone a transphobe?
People who sincerely post transphobic content are transphobic.

... is every bit as insulting as calling out people who are openly for castrating children
I have yet to read such a person on this board.

and have even said that it's ok to show children your genitals because people have taken showers in locker rooms.
Has anyone claimed this is OK outside of a locker room or similar situation?

Flashing kids your penis and boobs is wrong no matter what.
This is an example of trying to emotionally load an argument. I agree flashing, per se, is wrong. Existing is not wrong. If you are working around the house, and you take off clothes for comfort or to avoid damaging them, that is not flashing.

Do you think that's because they have ALL been banned, silenced, or down right bullied into not wanting to come around?
Too many have been, and I played a part in that. I regret that now.

A member of a cult is victim (who might be participating in their own victimization), a pedophile is a predator. I see a big difference.

There are openly white supremacist groups and Nazi groups making headlines; should we shy away from actively identifying them? When a person gets indicted in four separate jurisdictions, and their support increases, is that not cult-like behavior? I agree with you that calling large groups murderers, stupid, or uneducated is inappropriate.

In past, you have painted everyone with a broad brush, for example, when you hold me to task for the excesses of posters like The Thriller. Perhaps if you respond to each poster as the person they are, instead of thinking of us all as a monolithic bloc, you can have the respectful conversations you claim to want, and ignore the people who are not respectful.

Said person has been banned multiple times over the past few years, just like you have.

Again, I would say calling people pedophiles or saying they support child mutilation is worse.

People who sincerely post transphobic content are transphobic.

I have yet to read such a person on this board.

Has anyone claimed this is OK outside of a locker room or similar situation?

This is an example of trying to emotionally load an argument. I agree flashing, per se, is wrong. Existing is not wrong. If you are working around the house, and you take off clothes for comfort or to avoid damaging them, that is not flashing.

Too many have been, and I played a part in that. I regret that now.
1. Name calling is name calling. Being called a cultist by you hypocrites is not flattering by any stretch. I don't see difference at all. Being called a transphobe because I think kids should not be mutilated is also pretty messed up. You may not think so as I've said, it's completely ok for you guys to call people terrible things but it's no different. It's an insult and it's meant to bully nothing more. You guys sure can dish the hate yet run to Jason when someone does it back. Unfortunately, if name calling wasn't allowed in the first place and openly embraced because people are Democrats, maybe this place would be a little more tolerant.

2. No but calling someone a white supremacists just to insult them like you guys do is stupid. It's nothing more than a trigger word. There are Nazis and such that deserve to be shunned but calling someone a Nazi due to their political platform like you guys do is extremelty messed up. No worse than pedophile but again it's completely acceptable around here for you all to make such terrible claims yet Republicans get banned.

3. I respond to people in kind. You all have been spewing hatred towards anybody who thinks differently long before I was here. Funny thing is... There hasn't been a single Republican come here and say they feel welcome. It's because you all bully them to submission. Maybe you can explain to me why there are literally no Republicans around here... It's because you all are bullies. I openly admit I push back and will respond in kind but there is a legit reason there is so few Republicans and it's because they are not treated with respect here.

4. Not this time. You would think wishing death on a poster would be a lifetime ban but he didn't even get a slap on the wrist. You are right, he has been banned many times... Once for threatening to kill a President and that's apparently acceptable.

5. It's the same thing. Calling someone a transphobe is every bit as mean and messed up as calling someone a pedophile. You all can rationalize it all you want but it's wrong. It's downright rude, bigoted and just a means to shut people up who disagree with you.

6. Saying that children should wait until they are 18 to make life altering decisions is not transphobic. Saying that bioligacal males should stay in their sports is not transphobe. Bringing up mulitple trans people that have been abused by doctors because they chopped off a childs breast is not transphobe.

7. You guys have consistently said you are ok with chemical castration at a doctors discretion. Lupron is literally a drug that is made to castrate pedophiles that the left is giving to children and teens. We've discussed this a lot and the answer is always "if the doctor says it's ok then it must be". You mean the same doctors that are notorious for prescribing durgs at whatever cost? The doctors that have massive amounts of malpractice? Now it's great to have Doctors but they are not right in everything they do. Common sense says giving children drugs that castrate them is wrong. Not here though,

8. You did. Do you not remember when I posted how the bicyclist were out naked exposing themselves(literally indecent exposure) to children and your response was that you see nothing wrong with it because people have undressed in front of kids in locker rooms? That was literally,100%, your position.

9. Same as 8

10. Why do you suppose there are so few Republicans in a board based out of a board that has a lot of Republicans. It's because it is openly allowed to call others transphobes, cultist, racist, Nazis, but when we respond back with pedophile we get banned while the people who give this board money get nothing. Again wishing a painful death on someone is about as bad as it gets and they didn't even get a slap on the wrist. Republicans are not welcome here all while bigotry and calling others cultist is not even adressed.

You all can rationalize your calling someone a cultist, racist, transphobe, Nazi like I have been called all you want but it's wrong and no different than calling people who push sexuality on children. To me that is extremely concerning and wrong. Children do not need sexuality pushed on them. I mean... What else am I supposed to call people who openly advocate sexuality on elementary school children? Just as I feel religion should not be pushed on children I think telling them lies that biological men can be woman and have babies is ****ed up.... I stand 100% by what I've said. Kids do not need to be force fed sexuality. The fact that I even have to say that is insane.

Last edited:
I don’t believe calling Trump supporters a cult is very off base, and one should understand it’s not the same thing as saying every single self-identifying Republican is a cultist. Interestingly, perhaps, since this most recent poll, quite a few have felt free to refer to the Trump cult. It does appear to be a cult of personality after all, when one reflects on these results. This is astonishing given how much the man lies!!!!!

View: https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/1693268734033707195

I don’t believe calling Trump supporters a cult is very off base, and one should understand it’s not the same thing as saying every single self-identifying Republican is a cultist. Interestingly, perhaps, since this most recent poll, quite a few have felt free to refer to the Trump cult. It does appear to be a cult of personality after all, when one reflects on these results:

View: https://twitter.com/MarkSZaidEsq/status/1693278626148405368

You are just rationalizing hate as always. This is what you guys do here. YOu rationalize your Trump like behavior all while pointing the finger at me. Calling others a cult is EXACTLY the reason you hate Trump but you act EXACTLY like him Crazy thing is... You guys(you in particularly) obsess about Trump more than anybody. Proof is in the Trump thread. It's all you guys. Not Trump fans... You guys. Every day... Every SINGLE... day. For 8 years now. Now if Repbulicans talked and obsessed about Trump as much as you guys do here, you'd have a point. The last 50+ pages is all you guys.

I guarantee you that you have far more post talking about Trump than any other Trump supporter here and it's not even remotely close. How you all can call anyone a cultist with that being said is laughable. It's actually insulting as you guys obsess far more than anyone. That is not a troll that is a provable fact. Obama has a huge following, but did Republicans call them cultist? No. You all are bullies and nothing more. Pushing your insecurities on me all while you talk about Trump more than any Trump supporter I've ever met.

Last edited:
I don’t believe calling Trump supporters a cult is very off base, and one should understand it’s not the same thing as saying every single self-identifying Republican is a cultist. Interestingly, perhaps, since this most recent poll, quite a few have felt free to refer to the Trump cult. It does appear to be a cult of personality after all, when one reflects on these results:

View: https://twitter.com/BarbaraComstock/status/1693281694478926027

I hope this guy can elaborate on what a "psychiatry PhD dissertation" is.

• Haha
I just did a quick glance at the Trump thread and every single post is by a Democrat after 30 pages. How can you guys call others a cult when it's all you? @Red?

Cult-great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work

I mean... It doesn't get more devoted then talking about a guy every single day. I really don't understand how any of you guys that obsess non-stop about the guy can point your fingers. It's literally a pot calling the kettle black. Hypocrisy by definition. A thread full of Democrats obsessing about another man.

And it's now 6 hours and not one Republican has said they feel welcome here.... That's pretty astonishing. It's clear how unwelcome we are here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.