What's new

Are we stacked?

The Fresh Prince

Conley/Clarkson/Butler
Mitchell/Beasley/NAW
Bogdanovic/THT/Johnson
Vandy/Simone/Gay
Azubukie/Kessler

This roster is stacked! I suspect a lot of small ball will be played this year with Vanderbilt being the 5. You can also rest Bogey, and Mike without a major talent drop. Our bench depth is the most entertaining part of this team to me. Hardy can experiment with a lot of different rotations.

Conley/Clarkson/Butler
Mitchell/Beasley/NAW
Bogdanovic/THT/Johnson
Vandy/Simone/Gay
Azubukie/Kessler

This roster is stacked! I suspect a lot of small ball will be played this year with Vanderbilt being the 5. You can also rest Bogey, and Mike without a major talent drop. Our bench depth is the most entertaining part of this team to me. Hardy can experiment with a lot of different rotations.
12-70

I think if you added a center who could spread the floor a little and rebound, then you might be ok (like play-in ok). We are probably a bottom 5 defensive team in the NBA next year with these guys though.

There are a lot of question marks with that group. Is Fontecchio a legit NBA player (I'm leaning towards yes)? What does Conley have left? Can THT be a net positive when he's on the court? Will Donovan/the rest of the team be too distracted by trade talks throughout the year? What is Hardy like as a HC?

We are likely too good with that core to be a true tanking team though. We probably need to get rid of at least Bogey and Vanderbilt to bottom out.

Lol, I'm laughing too at how many people are doubting this team.

I suppose it's because nobody has seen THT, Vanderbilt, Beasley, and Simone play and thinks they are just back of the bench role players.

Gobert was our defensive anchor, but we really had no answer for small ball lineups.

I guess I'm one of the rare few that thinks the team could hit it off great and make some noise.

And trust me, I'll be laughing, too if that happens. Seeing everybodies reaction here will be hilarious af.

Last edited:
I think maybe this team can be pretty good on offense, but I just don't see it on defense
Vanderbilt can do the things Royce did, but better. Udoka is no Gobert, but this will be his first year getting big boy minutes, so we have no idea what to expect from him. He could be a dud, or he could be the next big thing. We were never an elite perimeter defensive squad in the first place, so we are really only missing our elite interior defense.

New offensive scheme, new defensive scheme. If I'm the only one that sees that this squad could surprise the NBA this year, so be it. We have far better depth than we've had in the past seasons. You've got 3, potentially 4 guys off the bench that can put up 20 points on any given night, and previously we had only JC that could give us that.

This more than likely isn't going to be the roster that we open the season with, there's obviously a very good chance Don and some of the vets will be moved before the season starts. But if something strange happens and we actually do roll with this roster, it likely won't even be good enough to be a play in team. Definitely a bottom 5 defensive team, and the roster is just really unbalanced, too many guards and too many guys that need the ball in their hands to be effective.

Vanderbilt can do the things Royce did, but better. Udoka is no Gobert, but this will be his first year getting big boy minutes, so we have no idea what to expect from him. He could be a dud, or he could be the next big thing. We were never an elite perimeter defensive squad in the first place, so we are really only missing our elite interior defense.

New offensive scheme, new defensive scheme. If I'm the only one that sees that this squad could surprise the NBA this year, so be it. We have far better depth than we've had in the past seasons. You've got 3, potentially 4 guys off the bench that can put up 20 points on any given night, and previously we had only JC that could give us that.
Best case scenario for the team is like 35 wins.

Lol, I'm laughing too at how many people are doubting this team.

I suppose it's because nobody has seen THT, Vanderbilt, Beasley, and Simone play and thinks they are just back of the bench role players.

Gobert was our defensive anchor, but we really had no answer for small ball lineups.

I guess I'm one of the rare few that thinks the team could hit it off great and make some noise.

And trust me, I'll be laughing, too if that happens. Seeing everybodies reaction here will be hilarious af.

Simone is going to be the biggest question mark. I think he's going to be a nice surprise but to the degree of the surprise is the unknown for me, as it's tough to know what to expect. The guy could be what we once had with Ingles - an assassin from three.

Vanderbilt, as I have said before, is going to be really liked by Jazz fans. He does a lot of what Favors gave us. I think JV is more athletic than Favors but Favors was able to do a lot for us (he could play PF or C - I actually liked him more when he played C and started - and he had more scoring moves than he's been given credit for).

When we traded for him I was meh on Beasley. He hasn't been as consistent as I would like and I wonder if he's going to figure out the offense so we can get maximum scoring potential from him. Granted, Hardy's offense will likely be easier than Snyder's. I was also concerned about his criminal behavior. He's seeing a therapist now and one of his former coaches claims he's a super hard worker which I like so Beasley is growing on me. He's like 25 so he's no doubt maturing and the odds of him doing dumb things lessens with age for most people.

Conley/Clarkson/Butler
Mitchell/Beasley/NAW
Bogdanovic/THT/Johnson
Vandy/Simone/Gay
Azubukie/Kessler
This lineup intrigues me, not sure it’s a good bad or in between lineup, but I think I’d enjoy it.

However I’d have Dok and Kessler on the bench and start Vando at C and play bogey and Johnson at pf with Simone at the 3. I would also start Mitchell at pg and start THT at sg

Vando/Kessler/Dok
Bogey/Johnson
Simone/THT
THT/Don
Don/Conley

9 man rotation.