What's new

Are we stacked?

This team is trash. There is nothing "stacked" about it. I don't even want to bore us all with the intricacies, but this team is bad, and that's fine.

Who cares at this point. It's a garbage pale kid team.

This lineup intrigues me, not sure it’s a good bad or in between lineup, but I think I’d enjoy it.

However I’d have Dok and Kessler on the bench and start Vando at C and play bogey and Johnson at pf with Simone at the 3. I would also start Mitchell at pg and start THT at sg

Vando/Kessler/Dok
Bogey/Johnson
Simone/THT
THT/Don
Don/Conley

9 man rotation.
So Beasley and Clarkson don't get minutes or very few!

Assuming we keep Don this roster has a little potential. But it needs to be balanced if we roll with it. We could easily get competitive by rebalancing the roster and using a few assets from the Minny trade. But I don't think it's the right move. I guess just a slight rebalance and hope a few players really break out. We could be a playoffs team in that scenario, but definitely not a contender in pretty much any scenario.

If you right I will give you your flowers.

But just like when I had you on Kenny Lofton Jr > Cockburn I got you on this too
I was just trying to fit in and have JazzFan bias.

In the back of my mind I knew Lofton was a dawg. Cockburn did kind of let me down.

Every dog has its day, and I had my day thinking that Lofton was all hype.

Here's my rationale as to how the Jazz can win 47-50 games with or without DM. Think if we still had Rudy and he tears his ACL. This team is far deeper top to bottom than last year's team with the exception right now of backup center. Right now this team reminds me a little of the team right after Stockton and Malone left and was scrappy as could be. If the young tyro coach can get some team chemistry working, this team competes for a playoff spot.

This roster is now pretty deep other than center but that doesn't change the fact that even if we keep Mitch we still have to dump the vets. Bogey and Clarkson definitely need to be shopped hard and if you can somehow get neutral value for Conley you have to make it happen. If he starts the season playing well then you have to jump on that renewed value.

This roster is now pretty deep other than center but that doesn't change the fact that even if we keep Mitch we still have to dump the vets. Bogey and Clarkson definitely need to be shopped hard and if you can somehow get neutral value for Conley you have to make it happen. If he starts the season playing well then you have to jump on that renewed value.
We got shooters but not much else.

Even though I made this thread before Mitchell was traded... yeah.
I must admit I was chuckling a bit at your enthusiasm. Of course we weren't really "stacked" but it turns out even after trading Don and Bogey we are still not that bad and extremely fun to watch and root for. So far it's been an ultimate team effort on both ends of the floor and there are also some things which I don't think we would see if Donovan stayed - ball movement, lack of selfishness, Conley playing like a true pg, defense intensity etc.