What's new

Best Acting Performances

Justified is the one that follows a us Marshall from Kentucky who got out of his hometown to get away from his past but gets sent back due to them not liking wild West Justice in modern day Miami.

This reminds me of Banshee. Never watched the show. But the YouTube video of the fights on that show are brutally epic.

The whole time I watched it my wife was always like "that looks boring". Until I finished it and we had nothing to watch together so I said "give it a try". She did and it is now one of her favorite TV series of all time. This from someone who loves friends for hell's sake.
I bet she was sweet on Raylan. Hell, I was/am

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Goggins is a classic badass bad guy? Can’t picture it. He’s always such a whiny little bitch. The Shield, that Tarantino movie, VP’s
Ya he became one of my favorite actors because of justified. So I started watching everything else he was in and he mostly sucked in everything else. I liked him ok in the Tarantino movie. He was decent in seal team six (I think that's what it was called). He was pretty great in sons of anarchy (he played the drag queen). But mostly he is underwhelming in anything except Justified. He is transcendent in Justified. I like his character every bit as much as Rust in true detective. Probably even more. (It's close).

Maybe it was simply that the character that the writers created was so awesome that it made his acting seem better than it was but he is the best part, of many great parts, of that show which is quite possibly my favorite of all time.

Did Dr. Who guy as the Purple man dude in Jessica Jones get mentioned? Also Vincent D'Onofrio as kingpin in Daredevil.

Goggins is a classic badass bad guy? Can’t picture it. He’s always such a whiny little bitch. The Shield, that Tarantino movie, VP’s
He's awesome. It was actually one of the first things I saw him in and now I expect him to be an unhinged badass.

[QUOTE="Stoked, post: 1770166,

@framer i wasn't overly impressed with D’Onofrio’s performance.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? He took a flat cardboard villain and made him deep and frightening. Did you just watch the first Daredevil or both of them?

Ya he became one of my favorite actors because of justified. So I started watching everything else he was in and he mostly sucked in everything else. I liked him ok in the Tarantino movie. He was decent in seal team six (I think that's what it was called). He was pretty great in sons of anarchy (he played the drag queen). But mostly he is underwhelming in anything except Justified. He is transcendent in Justified. I like his character every bit as much as Rust in true detective. Probably even more. (It's close).

Maybe it was simply that the character that the writers created was so awesome that it made his acting seem better than it was but he is the best part, of many great parts, of that show which is quite possibly my favorite of all time.

He's amazing in his guest spot in an episode of Community.

[QUOTE="Stoked, post: 1770166,

@framer i wasn't overly impressed with D’Onofrio’s performance.

Seriously? He took a flat cardboard villain and made him deep and frightening. Did you just watch the first Daredevil or both of them?[/QUOTE]

Both. Don’t get me wrong. It was a nice performance. But just wasn’t great or exceptional to me.

This one by a lot for TV series.
Brian Cranston - Breaking Bad
Also like 5 other people from that show at least are high on my list.

David Tennet in Jessica Jones might be one of the best bad guy performances ever.

Jessica Chastain in zero dark thirty.

And **** it, I thought thanos in infinity stone was great.