What's new

Best Acting Performances

The ugly scientist dude in Chernobyl is pretty awesome

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ken Jeong in community. One of my favorite comedies, at least through the first 4 seasons. And he brought such a good manic mood to his character. Great one-liners when you know the character.

"Have you MET ME!?"

Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler. **** I love that movie.
Michael Fassbender - Shame.
Jack Nicholson - The Shining
Robert Pattinson - Good Time.
Tim Robbins - The Shawshank Redemption
Lupita Nyong'o- Us
Oscar Issac - Ex Machina
Ryan Gosling - Blade Runner 2019
Michael Keaton - Birdman
Matthew McConaughey - True Detective
Chris Evans - Snowpiercer
Bill Murray/Scarlett Johansson - Lost in Translation
Moon - Sam Rockwell

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of the old black and white movies have great performances because the success was entirely reliant on the story, the characters, and the acting. For example, a few months ago I watched the 1939 film Stagecoach because it is John Wayne's breakout role and I hadn't ever seen it... Awesome.

Other mentions:
Jeff Bridges - The Big Lebowski
Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbian (Everyone else in the show SUCKED, except for Geoffrey Rush, but it was a huge hit because of him)

I think a lot of the old black and white movies have great performances because the success was entirely reliant on the story, the characters, and the acting. For example, a few months ago I watched the 1939 film Stagecoach because it is John Wayne's breakout role and I hadn't ever seen it... Awesome.

Other mentions:
Jeff Bridges - The Big Lebowski
Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbian (Everyone else in the show SUCKED, except for Geoffrey Rush, but it was a huge hit because of him)
Nice to see a comedy in there.

I think it's BS that comedies never win Oscars for best picture and actors in comedies never get Oscars for best actor.

Another one I will add is Vince Vaughn in wedding Crashers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

The “If you a rat...” scene of Al Pacino from Donnie Brasco. In the context of the movie, you can feel his strong emotions of hitting the bottom in life so vivid.

The “If you a rat...” scene of Al Pacino from Donnie Brasco. In the context of the movie, you can feel his strong emotions of hitting the bottom in life so vivid.

Great scene.

The Insider is maybe my favorite movie ever and while Crowe was the actor more critically acclaimed in it, I absolutely love Pacino in it.

Robin Williams in one hour photo. Hit the creepy stalker character really well.