What's new

Can we talk about how Quin is ride-or-die for Bogdanovic?

I think Don's defensive issues are mostly related to desire and effort. If he's locked in, which he should be for one possession, I think he can be one of the better defenders on the team. He's always had that ability, but his effort and interest in playing defense has waned.
He's capable of good on ball defense. He's not a good team defender.

I like that question, fwiw.

Nobody behind him is forcing the issue right now, though.
A true mishandling of the roster from the front office. Although it's difficult to blame the front office when Quin wouldn't use a situational defender anyway.

A true mishandling of the roster from the front office. Although it's difficult to blame the front office when Quin wouldn't use a situational defender anyway.
There’s an absolute maniac bulldog somewhere in both Oni and Forrest. Our player development doesn’t seem to let that freak out. I wonder if it prunes it back, in fact.

I think when likes him so much because of how consistent he is at being aggressive. We need that to rub off on the rest of our players. He is a big body, and if he gets posted up I think he plays pretty good defense.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Stats per 36 mins actually support Snyder's decision to insert Bogey over Gay for the final play. Bogey averages 1.7 Pfs per 36 whereas Gay averages 3.0 pfs per 36. .6 steals for Bogey per 36 as opposed to .4 for Gay. Gay is higher in blocks (.4 to .1) but that's how you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar. The other side is that Bogey has hit how many last second shots for us, whereas Gay is a bit of an unknown with this team in that department. Love Gay's game (he's better on the boards as well), his added height and reach gives us another weapon against bigger opponents - which might be why Gay seems to be assuming a lot of Bogey's fourth quarter minutes already.

Stats per 36 mins actually support Snyder's decision to insert Bogey over Gay for the final play. Bogey averages 1.7 Pfs per 36 whereas Gay averages 3.0 pfs per 36. .6 steals for Bogey per 36 as opposed to .4 for Gay. Gay is higher in blocks (.4 to .1) but that's how you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar. The other side is that Bogey has hit how many last second shots for us, whereas Gay is a bit of an unknown with this team in that department. Love Gay's game (he's better on the boards as well), his added height and reach gives us another weapon against bigger opponents - which might be why Gay seems to be assuming a lot of Bogey's fourth quarter minutes already.
Well seeing as you can literally murder someone in the last 10 seconds and they won't call it I think we'd be okay... it was 100% about rebounding imo which is where Cleveland has a big advantage and Gay is far superior to Bogey.

Well seeing as you can literally murder someone in the last 10 seconds and they won't call it I think we'd be okay... it was 100% about rebounding imo which is where Cleveland has a big advantage and Gay is far superior to Bogey.
They get that shot off and make it or go to the foul line and it's definitely not 100% about rebounding.

They get that shot off and make it or go to the foul line and it's definitely not 100% about rebounding.
The difference between them is 100% rebounding... the other stuff you mentioned is so on the margin it doesn't matter. They get the shot off and if Rudy contests then that rebound is going to have a good chance at becoming points. They actually got a hand on the rebound...

This is what I was worried about in video form... go to the :55 second mark:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...A2D67AD452F72ADC5406A2D&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Lol what about “other statistics”?
He is pretty clutch in almost all the other categories of the posted stats. His clutch numbers this year in that category are pretty good. It seems this cherry picked one stat to prove something almost every other stat shows the opposite of.

I kind of assumed it was implied the other statistics in the posted link. But I guess that is a jump.

He is pretty clutch in almost all the other categories of the posted stats. His clutch numbers this year in that category are pretty good. It seems this cherry picked one stat to prove something almost every other stat shows the opposite of.

I kind of assumed it was implied the other statistics in the posted link. But I guess that is a jump.
Show us, then. I’d legit appreciate it.