What's new

Can we talk about how Quin is ride-or-die for Bogdanovic?

In the clutch this year Bojan has the 2nd best defensive rating and 2nd best bet rating only behind Conley this year. 2 years ago he was 3rd best defensive rating behind Gobert and Conley. Last year was his worst at 4th best defensive rating behind Gobert, Clarkson, and Ingles.

In the game overall this year Bojan is getting more contested rebounds than Royce. Last year Royce got more, the year before it was even.
This is what you’re referring to?

FWIW, just 5 minutes of research is enough to give someone pretty lousy feelings about the methods of calculating an individual player’s defensive rating. I’d definitely trust a good eyeball over it; and even more definitely trust methods that incorporate team defense in some way (although I don’t know of any such methods off the top of my head).

And, for those paying attention, player defensive rating doesn’t have anything whatsoever to do with rebounding.... which is clearly at the ****ing heart of this particular discussion and the formulation of what should have happened in those 17.9 seconds or anything resembling them.

FWIW, just 5 minutes of research is enough to give someone pretty lousy feelings about the methods of calculating an individual player’s defensive rating. I’d definitely trust a good eyeball over it; and even more definitely trust methods that incorporate team defense in some way (although I don’t know of any such methods off the top of my head).

And, for those paying attention, player defensive rating doesn’t have anything whatsoever to do with rebounding.... which is clearly at the ****ing heart of this particular discussion and the formulation of what should have happened in those 17.9 seconds or anything resembling them.
If you watch us we don't get a lot of contested rebounds or out of area rebounds... other than making every shot, the thing about Rudy Gay that has made me happy is watching and seeing those rebounds. Those are boards we didn't get last year. The other thing is watching him come over and get a block or contest at the rim when Rudy was pulled out of the paint.

Bojan is mostly okayish on defense... he has nights where its bad, bad... but anyone that has watched him over the years and has watched Rudy Gay should be able to be smart enough to see how big of a difference it is. Especially when playing a team with 3 7 footers on the floor.

If you watch us we don't get a lot of contested rebounds or out of area rebounds... other than making every shot, the thing about Rudy Gay that has made me happy is watching and seeing those rebounds. Those are boards we didn't get last year. The other thing is watching him come over and get a block or contest at the rim when Rudy was pulled out of the paint.

Bojan is mostly okayish on defense... he has nights where its bad, bad... but anyone that has watched him over the years and has watched Rudy Gay should be able to be smart enough to see how big of a difference it is. Especially when playing a team with 3 7 footers on the floor.
All this. I mean, I’m really not sure why this all isn’t obvious to everyone ... and why it isn’t clear that this is precisely why the issue has been raised.

It isn't just the defensive possession though. Many things can happen that's why you play players you trust to make the right decisions. Gay might be the better choice on defense, I understand that argument. I also understand why Snyder night choose to trust someone like Bojan who's proven his whole career to be reliable in last second situations. Again to me I think Gay could/should be in there but I would probably replace Royce first especially against 3 7' tall opponents. I can definitely see an argument the other way though since Royce is our hustle secondary defender.

What about the year before and this year with those numbers? What about other statistics?
I posted the link with all nba clutch stats for an entire year. Do you know how to use hyperlinks?

Last edited:
He is pretty clutch in almost all the other categories of the posted stats. His clutch numbers this year in that category are pretty good. It seems this cherry picked one stat to prove something almost every other stat shows the opposite of.

I kind of assumed it was implied the other statistics in the posted link. But I guess that is a jump.
Yeah you were wrong, I’ve got no dog in the hunt.