What's new

CARLOS Boozer

I don't have time for everyone's nonsense right now but I just checked the box score and it looks like Boozer is having another big game. You should be happy though, since they're playing the Thunder.

Your are giving me a damn headache. What Is it exactly you are trying to prove? The jazz have been much more entertaining this year without booz so why all the whining about not having is dumb ***?

Smaller markets do have a chance to compete. Just because they are in LA or NY doesn't mean they necessarily want to spend over the Luxury Tax threshold either. Plenty of "small" market NBA teams made the playoffs and won championships in recent years. For instance, Cleveland is a small market (compared to NY or LA most places are.. and in terms of the NBA, Cleveland is one of the more smaller markets) Milwaukee and Utah are probably the NBA's smallest markets, both teams have high quality players and are competitive (Milwaukee's been bitten with an injury bug.. but they were in the playoff hunt last year.. which is what makes you "compete").

Utah even has one of the highest salaries in the NBA (6th according to hoopshype, spending about 20 million less than LA and Orlando, but only about 5 million less than Boston) So I just don't believe that "small markets can't compete when compared to money" statement. Any team can pay whatever they want to put a competitive product out on the floor. Some teams choose to pay more than others, but every team has the opportunity to do that.

Utah and Cleveland also have one of the highest attendance rates.

I'm talking about teams like Minnesota, Sacramento, New Jeresy. These teams that spend less than the Cap, let alone the tax, year after year. They aren't making any money off attendance, so they can't spend the money to bring in any big name players. When your owner tells you that he won't spend more than $50 million, you cannot sign a max player and still fill out a 13 man roster.

Utah and Cleveland also have one of the highest attendance rates.

I'm talking about teams like Minnesota, Sacramento, New Jeresy. These teams that spend less than the Cap, let alone the tax, year after year. They aren't making any money off attendance, so they can't spend the money to bring in any big name players. When your owner tells you that he won't spend more than $50 million, you cannot sign a max player and still fill out a 13 man roster.

I'll give you Minnesota. But NJ just was purchased and are trying to build a competitive franchise. Sacramento is owned by the Maloofs, who are loaded beyond belief. They too have been trying to build through the draft and with assets.

Minnesota has just been piss poor managed. They really have. They wasted their 2008 draft picks on a bunch of PG that they didn't need. It'll take them a few years to get their feet back on the ground.

He wasn't that bad for the limited minutes he played. His PER 200 was around 20 ppg.

btw speaking of bulls brower had a great game 9 points 4/5 shooting 8 rebounds 3 assist 6 steals. hmm vintage brewer and an astonishing +20

yeah at least booz can finish 1 foot away from the rim. How many times has that ugly push shot missed from 1 foot away? Probably 50 times this season, he has no touch around the rim. Boozer owns

yeah at least booz can finish 1 foot away from the rim. How many times has that ugly push shot missed from 1 foot away? Probably 50 times this season, he has no touch around the rim. Boozer owns

He needs to dunk. Has he always been a non-dunker? Where my 82games stats geeks at?