What's new

Celtics @ Jazz; Wednesday, March 28th

Pure class....and you wonder why he left. Better yet, you wonder why no top FA's want Utah. Get over yourselves. You are fans BUT you are not part of the game or the athletes life.....

He honored his contract, unlike a bunch of other idiots (PG and Irving) demanding trades 1 year before their contracts were up throwing their respective franchises into disarray(Indiana is setback years, Cleveland is about to be with no Irving and probably no Lebron)

I think it's funny that Hayward will now be playing with this "idiot". lol

I also think it's funny that ijazz doesn't like how some Jazz fans have reacted, and cites that as a reason Hayward left (yet it was not mentioned before when it was all love for him), but the fan base he went to burned IT jerseys when IT was traded and had zero say in it. Which one is worse? Yea leave our terrible fan base because the Boston fan base is all class, right?

Hopefully ijazz never reads this, but if he does, lulz.

Umm, no. Players demanding trades don't set their franchises back. Players leaving without giving franchises the ability to make a trade set franchises back. Indiana got players in return for PG. Cleveland could do the same with Irving.

Hayward set Utah back by not telling them last year he was likely not returning, waiting until free agency was essentially over (at least in terms of the upper tier players) and/or not asking Ainge to at least give Utah a trade exception.

And yes, I'm sure a couple of fans joking about some idiotic stunt are the reason FA's don't want to play in Utah. No doubt that post gets distributed to every player in the NBA. Hey, wasn't there some idiotic movie about Boston fans kidnapping a Jazz player? That certainly should have shown how bad Boston is.

I also think it's funny that ijazz doesn't like how some Jazz fans have reacted, and cites that as a reason Hayward left (yet it was not mentioned before when it was all love for him), but the fan base he went to burned IT jerseys when IT was traded and had zero say in it. Which one is worse? Yea leave our terrible fan base because the Boston fan base is all class, right?

Jack, my post was meant to imply or say what Spazz just posted.

Even Lebron James is sick of fans reactions.

Look at his tweets the last few days, he actually names Hayward for all his hard work and doing what is best for his family.

Enjoy another lottery pick next year :)

Enjoy GH20 lifting the NBA Championship trophy within the next 3 years.... that will be salty for ya'll.

Even Lebron James is sick of fans reactions.

Look at his tweets the last few days, he actually names Hayward for all his hard work and doing what is best for his family.

Enjoy another lottery pick next year :)

Enjoy GH20 lifting the NBA Championship trophy within the next 3 years.... that will be salty for ya'll.

All good.

Good luck to you and GH20 with the Celtics.

While if find many of your arguments here ironic, and laugh at them, I get it. You really should just go support the Celtics and walk away from here.

Your next 3 years Championship talk is hilarious! First its IT, and your awesome team. Now your team has been gutted for you and that "idiot" Irving. Your defense will be greatly diminished as a team, but your offense should be good. Good thing you are now rooting for a team in the pathetic east so your boy can sleepwalk into the All Star game and playoffs. Do you really think Irving, LeBron, and Love is a worse team than Irving, Gordon, and Horford? Is IT, Lebron, Love much different than with Irving?

If you get to a championship let alone win one in the next three years then your rooks have to be 10x better than Hayward because it took him 7 years to sniff the All Star game and you will need them faster than that.

Lottery, lol. Weak. If GH is all that good why were we in the Lottery so much with him? Is it because the West is good and Chicken Gordon Bleu has moved off to easy street so it's easy for you to dish the weak Lottery talk? GH wasn't that good, we'll make the playoffs without him. He was nice and all, and I liked him, but addition by subtraction can be a good thing especially when you didn't know you had a bad attitude hiding on the team pretending to like it here.

The bottom line is, the more you talk, the more I dislike Hayward. Thanks, I used to like him a lot.

This is actually one of the funniest posts ever. You do realize they've just postponed their window for a few years ?? They might not even get out of the second round after gutting their team. Way too many young players to compete in the next 2-3 years. Your pretty boy has just forfeited true contending for the next 3 years to walz into all star games and national TV games but hey that's all he's interested in. Kind of fitting that someone who crapped on his old team and particularly teammates finds himself somewhere whose management is so willing to treat their players so ruthlessly.

I hope he enjoys being traded in a package to NO and playing with Cousins after a few years once it's apparent they need to make more changes

Lol, after the recent trade I'd take TOR, WAS, CLE, MKE ahead of BOS. Even MIA might be better if the second half of their season is for real. I have no idea what Ainge is doing. I hated pretty much EVERYTHING he did this summer. What a ****show of an off-season. Is this what those 2 BKN picks went for? They pretty much sold off all their best defenders and got a glorified microwave scorer for another microwave scorer, 2018 BKN pick that could have been Doncic/Bamba/Porter/Bagley/Ayton and the best contract in the league.

I didn't really think that Hayward will regret his decision because Boston had so many different ways to get better and stay better. Not anymore... they sold out all of them for Jayson Tatum and Kyrie Irving. WOW! I think there is now a realistic scenario where Boston is a first round exit next year and never even gets to conference finals for the duration of Hayward's contract. There is a realistic scenario where Hayward has already achieved the best playoff appearance of his career. Let that one sink in.

Right now they are banking on one of Tatum or Brown to become a superstar type. Otherwise they are going nowhere near a championship IMO. I don't like this bet. At all. Especially when compared to the bet of Fultz or the BKN 2018 pick becoming a superstar. In case you wonder I don't consider Kyrie a superstar when it comes to on-court play.

Lol, after the recent trade I'd take TOR, WAS, CLE, MKE ahead of BOS. Even MIA might be better if the second half of their season is for real. I have no idea what Ainge is doing. I hated pretty much EVERYTHING he did this summer. What a ****show of an off-season. Is this what those 2 BKN picks went for? They pretty much sold off all their best defenders and got a glorified microwave scorer for another microwave scorer, 2018 BKN pick that could have been Doncic/Bamba/Porter/Bagley/Ayton and the best contract in the league.

I didn't really think that Hayward will regret his decision because Boston had so many different ways to get better and stay better. Not anymore... they sold out all of them for Jayson Tatum and Kyrie Irving. WOW! I think there is now a realistic scenario where Boston is a first round exit next year and never even gets to conference finals for the duration of Hayward's contract. There is a realistic scenario where Hayward has already achieved the best playoff appearance of his career. Let that one sink in.

Right now they are banking on one of Tatum or Brown to become a superstar type. Otherwise they are going nowhere near a championship IMO. I don't like this bet. At all. Especially when compared to the bet of Fultz or the BKN 2018 pick becoming a superstar. In case you wonder I don't consider Kyrie a superstar when it comes to on-court play.

Kind of unbelievable that Danny could have used that Nets pick to ADD someone like Butler, and instead ended up using it + Crowder to upgrade from IT to Irving.

It does make some sense though when you consider IT may have a serious health issue and Danny was trying to squeeze whatever value he could while he still had a chance. Now there's talk that the Cavs may void the trade due to IT's physical. I really have mixed feelings about that. I really hate the idea of Boston keeping the nets pick, but man would it be great to watch them squirm trying to deal with a disgruntled IT and Crowder. As much as I don't want them to get the pick back, I think I'd prefer to watch that situation turn toxic with Hayward as the new teacher's pet. This could get really ugly, which IMO would be a thing of beauty.

Kind of unbelievable that Danny could have used that Nets pick to ADD someone like Butler, and instead ended up using it + Crowder to upgrade from IT to Irving.

It does make some sense though when you consider IT may have a serious health issue and Danny was trying to squeeze whatever value he could while he still had a chance. Now there's talk that the Cavs may void the trade due to IT's physical. I really have mixed feelings about that. I really hate the idea of Boston keeping the nets pick, but man would it be great to watch them squirm trying to deal with a disgruntled IT and Crowder. As much as I don't want them to get the pick back, I think I'd prefer to watch that situation turn toxic with Hayward as the new teacher's pet. This could get really ugly, which IMO would be a thing of beauty.

Well you may (or may not) get your "wish" as I'm sure most of you had heard that the trade isn't official and CLE is considering backing out based on IT's hip injury. I've read rumors that BOS medical staff said he didn't need surgery, the rumor part was so that they could keep him playing, that is until May 24th when he decided couldn't keep playing through the pain. CLE medical staff seems to think surgery may have been the better option and again thinking of nixing the trade because of it.
ing
Just rumors but fits Ainge's style of a GM, whereas the Jazz' approach is well documented on this board as maybe being overly or too cautious.

“word from Isaiah Thomas' camp is he has no interest in playing for the Celtics if the trade gets voided

There you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

I said many times that Boston was so set up that there was nothing that they could do to mess things up.

Then they messed things up lol

I said many times that Boston was so set up that there was nothing that they could do to mess things up.

Then they messed things up lol

Their situation was always overrated, though. Crowder was very vocal about their fans cheering Hayward as an opponent, but it's extremely unlikely he was the only one annoyed with the situation. There was an interview with Jaylen Brown after the Bradley trade, and you could tell there was some bad vibes from the whole situation with Hayward coming in, and the guys who got them to the first seed being looked at as expendable.

I am absolutely convinced this would have been a very toxic situation for Hayward if they hadn't basically rebuilt the team from the year before. Trading Crowder and IT would really help the situation as those guys are more likely to feel slighted with Hayward coming in as teacher's pet, but if this trade falls through, the Celtics are going to be REALLY ****ed. They will be in situation where it's almost impossible to keep IT and Crowder, yet they will be at a huge disadvantage trying to get value for them due to the circumstances.

Cleveland is now trying to squeeze more value out of the deal, and it will be extremely interesting to see what Ainge does here. I kinda hope the trade falls through altogether and Boston is stuck trying to make the best of their toxic waste.

I'd still take Boston until those other teams get good coaches.

Their situation was always overrated, though. Crowder was very vocal about their fans cheering Hayward as an opponent, but it's extremely unlikely he was the only one annoyed with the situation. There was an interview with Jaylen Brown after the Bradley trade, and you could tell there was some bad vibes from the whole situation with Hayward coming in, and the guys who got them to the first seed being looked at as expendable.

I am absolutely convinced this would have been a very toxic situation for Hayward if they hadn't basically rebuilt the team from the year before. Trading Crowder and IT would really help the situation as those guys are more likely to feel slighted with Hayward coming in as teacher's pet, but if this trade falls through, the Celtics are going to be REALLY ****ed. They will be in situation where it's almost impossible to keep IT and Crowder, yet they will be at a huge disadvantage trying to get value for them due to the circumstances.

Cleveland is now trying to squeeze more value out of the deal, and it will be extremely interesting to see what Ainge does here. I kinda hope the trade falls through altogether and Boston is stuck trying to make the best of their toxic waste.

I wonder how that gut feeling of being a Boston Celtic is going ..