What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

We do not need to tank. We need to trade our mediocre assets for somebody who can grow with Gobert and Mitchell.

I want you guys to do something. Go to this site and go team by team and look at salaries. http://www.basketballinsiders.com We are the only team in the entire league with 2 expiring salaries over $10 million for players that are expendable. In other words, we have incredible dump guys. We could take back $28+ million just for expirings of Favors and JoeJ.

Assets come in many ways. Sure, we dont have multiple 1st rounders or a slew of young talented players. However, we do have assets. We just need the balls to use them in order to get valuable picks or a young player.

Do not tank but get creative DL. Make a move

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Draft an All Star.
Recruit a couple free agents.
Earn the 4th seed in the west.
Make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Lose the All Star.
Miss the playoffs by a few games.
Draft in the late lottery.
Rinse.
Repeat.

The thing is tanking doesn't always work.

The Sixers sucked for a season, then ended up drafting #6 in 2013 and took Nerlens Noel.
They sucked again for the next season and ended up drafting #3 in 2014, taking Joel Embiid.
They sucked exotic wang for the next season and ended up drafting #3 in 2015, taking Jahlil Okafor.
Then they sucked some more, ended up drafting #1 in 2016 and took Ben Simmons.
Then once more did they suck in order to trade up to #1 this year and draft Markelle Fultz.

That's 5 years of full-on tanking, to draft 2 or 3 guys who are solid impact players.

In other words, the hit rate even at the top of the lottery is around 50% or 60%. You have to take multiple swings at it.

That said, there are good players available in the middle of the draft. You just have to be daring enough to draft them.

Draft an All Star.
Recruit a couple free agents.
Earn the 4th seed in the west.
Make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Lose the All Star.
Miss the playoffs by a few games.
Draft in the late lottery.
Rinse.
Repeat.

So something that happened once?

And Heyward was drafted seven years ago. This makes him seem like an instant hit.

So something that happened once?

And Heyward was drafted seven years ago. This makes him seem like an instant hit.

It happened with DWill and then happened with Hayward...or at least, it's now happening this year.

Seriously, if we did trade Gobert for the Brooklyn pick, I'd then start selling off Hood, Favors and Joe Johnson. Stockpile 2nd rounders if that's all we can get. We'd almost assuredly get two top six or seven picks, and still have Rubio, Mitchell, Udoh, Bradley, and good locker room/glue guys like Ingles, Sefalosha and Jerebko. We could maybe get Doncic and Robert Williams, still be mediocre next year because we'd be so young, and have a shot at another lottery pick to get one more stud. I'd probably look to trade Rubio's greasy *** too though this season to really ensure the tank is done right. Maybe we could package Rubio and something else for a 1st and have three 1sts!

Rubio-Exum
Doncic-Mitchell
Ingles-Sefalosha
Williams-Jerebko
Udoh-Bradley

We'd then be so raw next year that we could very well have another top

People, people. We need some good young players badly. Let DM develop this year, and add another stud in the lottery. It's a waste fighting for the 8th spot and get swept in the playoffs.

Give Gobert a ton of rest, aim for a top 10 pick, and maybe the balls will fall our way.
I actually like this plan a lot. I’d go with Gobert, Favors, Thabo, Hood and Mitchell to start. Then I’d bring Udoh, JJ/Jerebko, Jingles, Burks and Rubio in off the bench. Nobody plays heavy minutes, and Hood/Mitchell/Gobert get a ton of their playing time together. Let that trio grow together as leaders, try to make a big trade at the deadline - even if it’s a cap dump to get a solid future asset back - and then see wher the team stands at the end of the year. My guess is that puts them in the bottom 7 and hopefully a lucky bounce fixes the current PF/SF issue moving forward.

Crappy's an a-hole. Once he doesn't like you, he just starts negging you for anything you write. And you can't send him a PM because his mailbox is full and apparently he won't empty it. It's people like him who make the site contentious and ruin the camaraderie and good feeling. So, he's the former Freak. I used to like most of his posts. Wonder what happened to Crappy that he turned into such a jerk.

Do you think i can be nice man or no?

It happened with DWill and then happened with Hayward...or at least, it's now happening this year.

No, they’re not similar at all. Hayward left an improving team, D-Will left a team on the decline. D-will was better earlier for longer. Not to mention he was also traded for some ish.

Seriously, if we did trade Gobert for the Brooklyn pick, I'd then start selling off Hood, Favors and Joe Johnson. Stockpile 2nd rounders if that's all we can get. We'd almost assuredly get two top six or seven picks, and still have Rubio, Mitchell, Udoh, Bradley, and good locker room/glue guys like Ingles, Sefalosha and Jerebko. We could maybe get Doncic and Robert Williams, still be mediocre next year because we'd be so young, and have a shot at another lottery pick to get one more stud. I'd probably look to trade Rubio's greasy *** too though to really ensure the tank is done right. Maybe we could package Rubio and something else for a 1st.

Rubio-Exum
Doncic-Mitchell
Ingles-Sefalosha
Williams-Jerebko
Udoh-Bradley

And then we all pray any person the Jazz draft turns out half as good as Rudy?

Do you think i can be nice man or no?

If you weren't fake ... I actually believed at first that when you were Phunk that you were some young kid from another country for whom English was his second language. And I sent you PMs to try to help you. Then I finally realized it was all fake.

And then we all pray any person the Jazz draft turns out half as good as Rudy?

We'd have a **** ton of cap room too and could get Klay in 2018!

Rubio-Exum
Klay-Mitchell
Doncic-Sefalosha
Williams-Jerebko
Udoh-Bradley

Ring!

Seriously, if we did trade Gobert for the Brooklyn pick, I'd then start selling off Hood, Favors and Joe Johnson. Stockpile 2nd rounders if that's all we can get. We'd almost assuredly get two top six or seven picks, and still have Rubio, Mitchell, Udoh, Bradley, and good locker room/glue guys like Ingles, Sefalosha and Jerebko. We could maybe get Doncic and Robert Williams, still be mediocre next year because we'd be so young, and have a shot at another lottery pick to get one more stud. I'd probably look to trade Rubio's greasy *** too though this season to really ensure the tank is done right. Maybe we could package Rubio and something else for a 1st and have three 1sts!

Rubio-Exum
Doncic-Mitchell
Ingles-Sefalosha
Williams-Jerebko
Udoh-Bradley

You don't trade Gobert or Mitchell.

Then, we'll end up with the 8th-11th picks. Tank and tank right. **** it.

Lindsey drafted Mitchell with a late pick and Trey Lyles. Gobert was the 27th pick. I just don't think we need a tank to be a good team. We have two future all stars already.