What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Lindsey drafted Mitchell with a late pick and Trey Lyles. Gobert was the 27th pick. I just don't think we need a tank to be a good team. We have two future all stars already.

I don't believe in Mitchell like everyone else.

Seriously, if we did trade Gobert for the Brooklyn pick, I'd then start selling off Hood, Favors and Joe Johnson. Stockpile 2nd rounders if that's all we can get. We'd almost assuredly get two top six or seven picks, and still have Rubio, Mitchell, Udoh, Bradley, and good locker room/glue guys like Ingles, Sefalosha and Jerebko. We could maybe get Doncic and Robert Williams, still be mediocre next year because we'd be so young, and have a shot at another lottery pick to get one more stud. I'd probably look to trade Rubio's greasy *** too though this season to really ensure the tank is done right. Maybe we could package Rubio and something else for a 1st and have three 1sts!

Rubio-Exum
Doncic-Mitchell
Ingles-Sefalosha
Williams-Jerebko
Udoh-Bradley

We'd then be so raw next year that we could very well have another top

Nets just won in Portland so j doubt that pick's gonna do us any good. Plus Cleveland’s willing to give up anyone that doesn't go by the name Lebron for a player like Gobert and I still don't think it's worth it.

Last edited:
And as for draft next year I really think we should go for Robert Williams and say goodbye to Grandpa Favs

Nets just won in Portland so j doubt that pick's gonna do us any good. Plus Cleveland literally will give up anyone that doesn't go by the name Lebron for a player like Gobert. And I don't really think it's worth it.

Yeah, I'm sure that Brooklyn pick won't be top 10 or anything.

Seriously, if we did trade Gobert for the Brooklyn pick, I'd then start selling off Hood, Favors and Joe Johnson. Stockpile 2nd rounders if that's all we can get. We'd almost assuredly get two top six or seven picks, and still have Rubio, Mitchell, Udoh, Bradley, and good locker room/glue guys like Ingles, Sefalosha and Jerebko. We could maybe get Doncic and Robert Williams, still be mediocre next year because we'd be so young, and have a shot at another lottery pick to get one more stud. I'd probably look to trade Rubio's greasy *** too though to really ensure the tank is done right. Maybe we could package Rubio and something else for a 1st.

Rubio-Exum
Doncic-Mitchell
Ingles-Sefalosha
Williams-Jerebko
Udoh-Bradley

We'd then be so raw next year that we could very well have another top

Rudy is the closest thing we have to a franchise player right now and he’s locked up long term. The team needs a reload/reboot. Gobert. Mitchell. Hood. Exum/Rubio. Add an asset at the trade deadline, then draft another contributor inside the top 10 after this lackluster season. Factor in great depth as well. It feels sucky right now, but I don’t think it’s as bad as Jazzfanz is making it out to be. They’re in WAY better shape than they were back in 2013 when they tanked under Corbin.

Rudy is the closest thing we have to a franchise player right now and he’s locked up long term. The team needs a reload/reboot. Gobert. Mitchell. Hood. Exum/Rubio. Add an asset at the trade deadline, then draft another contributor inside the top 10 after this lackluster season. Factor in great depth as well. It feels sucky right now, but I don’t think it’s as bad as Jazzfanz is making it out to be. They’re in WAY better shape than they were back in 2013 when they tanked under Corbin.

Hood, and very probably Exum, are pretty disappointing, and I doubt will ever be above average starters. Rubio could work as a playmaker, with others who can actually score, instead of chucking 16 shots a night. But I'm meh on him. Gobert and DM are the only keepers. Only ones worth worrying about.

How can anyone mention Hood in our long-term plans is mind boggling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

You dont tank unless you have a prize like Simmons waiting at the end.

Also, anyone else think Rubio is Shelvin Mack 2.0??

You dont tank unless you have a prize like Simmons waiting at the end.

Also, anyone else think Rubio is Shelvin Mack 2.0??

No. Shelvin was 4/7 with 1/1 on threes tonight. We would all celebrate that line from Rubio right now.

To your first point, to me a Tank is a deliberate attempt to lose. Sadly I don't think the Jazz on any level intended this season to be a tank, nor did they expect the results we have seen the last 4 games. This is all organic, grown from a dozen little failures, missteps and oops over the past 4 years, and capped off with one big turd move by a selfish drama queen and her church mouse like husband.

Didn't get to watch the game tonight, but followed it on my phone. I'm just going to spat out some random thoughts about tanking...

If you would've asked me in the preseason/first 5 games, I would have been against the tank. Now that we have a larger sample size (albeit still only 12 games), I think it's safe to say that the Jazz will struggle to make it to the playoffs, and likely finish in the 7-12th spot in the west, which is what most non-utah jazz fans expected, considering the loss of offensive production in Hill+Hayward...

Leading into next off season... on whether the jazz should retool or tank. I'm all for the tank. Let's be real. The only offensive talent the Jazz have a chance at landing is Jabari Parker, and he likely won't come here. If that's the case, then the Jazz need to look for the draft. What's really depressing are two things: 1) The jazz just went through the 'rebuild' phase, and it didn't work. A few botched picks (Burks, Burke, Kanter, Exum) coupled with Hayward's departure crushed the rebuild process and basically wasted the past 5 years. 2) Jazz can't keep homegrown talent. Still hurts that the Utah Jazz aren't able to keep a homegrown, midwestern white married dude who's not about that night life.

It would have saved a ton of frustration and unfounded hopes if we had done it from the very start. It also would have put us in a much better position going forward. Now our assets/players are losing value, while we are winning just enough games to not get one of the generational talents at the top.

People, people. We need some good young players badly. Let DM develop this year, and add another stud in the lottery. It's a waste fighting for the 8th spot and get swept in the playoffs.

Give Gobert a ton of rest, aim for a top 10 pick, and maybe the balls will fall our way.

Aiming for top 10 pick is a waste. Aim for no.1... tanking for no. 8 is what keeps teams like SAC where they are. Aim for the top.

We should trade everybody who can return positive value and is not part of our long-term future. Trade Rubio/Favors/Ingles/JJ(or buy him out if you want to do him a solid and let him find himself a team to compete with in what's likely his last season in the league)... I'm not sure Hood is part of the long term future. Figure that out. If you decide he's not part of the future, trade him now! Collect the best assets you can collect going forward. If anybody is interested in Thabo/Jerebko/Udoh... trade them too. Look for similar trades to what BKN did. If LAL is somehow convinced that PG13 and Lebron are coming... try to help them by taking on Deng for Ingram. Give a ton of playing time to the rookies, including Bradley. Save Gobert. If he's knicked or bruised, sit him... don't risk anything with him. Try to put the team in a position to lose as many games as possible. Play Nate Wolters, play O'Neale, play Griffin, play every young'ish player as much as possible. Take a shot at some flyers(like DAL did with Yogi for example). It probably won't work but you don't lose anything by trying.

Put the team in a position to draft one of the top 3-4 players in the draft. Even if Mitchell pans out we still don't have enough high end talent, especially on offense to compete. We need high end talent. Enough with those patchworks and hoping Hood will turn into the second coming Brandon Roy. HIGH END TALENT! This is the name of the game! Doncic or Porter would be amazing. Bagley will probably be good too... There is enough great talent at the top of this draft to justify those steps and one horrible season. Stop the treadmill before it's started.

This is not a hindsight opinion of mine. I've been saying this since we lost Hayward(and Hill). Don't get suckered in by the treadmill. This is the worst place to be. If you are going to be bad, be really really bad. The path from the middle to the top is extremely hard for small market teams like the Jazz.

Last edited:
Maybe this team is DL's masterpiece, the stealth tank.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think so... it's not bad enough to be a true tanking team. We still have top 5 defense in the league. You cannot tank with that. You will win a lot of games when you keep opponents to scoring in the 80s. We are in an offensive drought right now, which highlights the problem through losing some games we should have won. It won't last forever. We will eventually start hitting some shots BUT... it still will not be enough to compete. We still will be bottom 5 offense in the league and extremely ugly to watch on our way to 30-35 wins... which wins you nothing. It just wastes the best years of Gobert's prime and his good contract.

Crappy's an a-hole. Once he doesn't like you, he just starts negging you for anything you write. And you can't send him a PM because his mailbox is full and apparently he won't empty it. It's people like him who make the site contentious and ruin the camaraderie and good feeling. So, he's the former Freak. I used to like most of his posts. Wonder what happened to Crappy that he turned into such a jerk.

MVP will neg me incessantly.

MVP shouldn't be whining.

It is time we stopped pretending that the team simply needs to gel to make noise in the playoffs, and start thinking of the future.

Let us aim for as good a pick as possible!

Go tank!

Why the edit? Did you change your mind?!?!

How can anyone mention Hood in our long-term plans is mind boggling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

He is fine as a role player for the right price..And let's be honest, for what the Jazz have asked him to do over the years, he has been doing fine considering he is paid like 2-3mil..Compare that to Burks or Exums, favors or ingles..

If money talks, the Jazz aren't paying him the big bucks to get it done anyway..So if we are failing, it is in those that we have given a starter salary to.

Last edited: