What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Booooooooooooo, this thread sucks.

Also we are not going to tank. In order to tank we would have to trade Gobert. Then all we are doing is hoping to draft a player that turns out as good as Gobert. The only way we tank is if he goes down with a significant injury and that would suck.

We still got this. We will work through the bumps and get things going and we still have some really good young talent to develop.

Besides the best two prospects we have are Mitchell who we didnt tank for and Gobert who was a very late pick. When we tanked we got Kanter, Burke and Exum. I still think Exum can pan out to be a good player but that is not a guarantee and the other two sucked for us. Those odds are terrible. We just need to keep making smart FA choices and great draft picks.

Also tanking isnt for a season or two. If we go into a tank we are banking on players being drafted to be developed. That will take many years.

Did the Spurs trade David Robinson before tanking for Duncan?

We simply need to rest Gobert. Team will win about 15 games without him. Too bad it ain't happening. That's neither how the Jazz nor Gobert work.

No he had an injury that made them sit him for the season. I dont want to see Gobert have a season ending injury. Also the chances of us losing that many games and landing the number 1 pick and that pick turning into a player of Duncans level are very very very low. So low it wont happen. More likely is we tank and end up with a Burke level player.

We simply need to rest Gobert. Team will win about 15 games without him. Too bad it ain't happening. That's neither how the Jazz nor Gobert work.

Thank God that is not how the Jazz or Gobert work. That sounds like an awful team to cheer for.

I hope we keep Rudy out for a week or two because it would be nice to run the offense through Favors and really showcase him.

DOj2u7vUQAE9nGG.jpg

No. Lets just keep kicking the can down the road some more. Why stop now? We've mastered this art. Stick to what you are good at. Don't go chasing waterfalls.

Do the optimists relent? Or are they still hopeful? :rolleyes: