What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Rubio for George Hill straight up. Would you do it?
Lord knows I would.
Where was Sam Bowie drafted?
Sam Bowie had game though. He was drafted high and ahead of Jordan because of it. It's hard to be a GM soothsayer and forecast injury riddled players sometimes.
I think the point is, it's a better chance to draft a franchise impacting player if they are drafted higher, and they fit the team's mold and they don't have injuries. This year's lottery picks are may be better than last years by a lot. Who knows though? No one really.

A lot was made of the December schedule. Low key the struggles are very likely to continue in January and February because of skewed home-away schedule. 11 of the next 17 are on the road. We are horrible on the road no matter the opponent.

Difference between losing by 30 and losing by 10. A loss is still a loss. Jazz have been horrible on the road against ALL teams. January schedule is easier in terms of caliber of opponents, but 8 of 13 games are on the road. So don't worry, Jazz should still have a losing record in January.

A lot was made of the December schedule. Low key the struggles are very likely to continue in January and February because of skewed home-away schedule. 11 of the next 17 are on the road. We are horrible on the road no matter the opponent.
I called it back in December!

Obviously, the better the pick, the more chance Utah has of finding a good player. Utah has been "off" by 1 a couple of times (Burks at 12 after Klay went 11; Lyles after Turner was drafted one spot ahead). This draft will have very good talent in the lottery. Will Utah get another Mitchell? Unlikely. But Jazz could draft a very good starter.

Miami was a great loss. The team competed; Mitchell had a very good game that shpould help his ROY campaign, but the team still lost to contribute to the lottery chances.

Last edited:
Tank SZN!

Phoenix and LAL win we lose... only a couple of games out of the 6-7 range.

Just keep losing... we will get the missing piece and fill in around our core.

Tough night for the Tank last night.

The Nets lost by one in overtime (jazz are 1 game behind the nets)
The bulls lost (jazz are never catching them)
The kings lost by 1 point at home despite leading by 7 going in to the 4th.

Perhaps the lone bright spot was the clippers 1 point victory over the hawks. The Jazz are not catching the hawks, so it was nice to get some separation between the Jazz and clippers. The clippers are now 7-3 in their last 10 and a full 2.5 games ahead of the jazz.

Tough night for the Tank last night.

The Nets lost by one in overtime (jazz are 1 game behind the nets)
The bulls lost (jazz are never catching them)
The kings lost by 1 point at home despite leading by 7 going in to the 4th.

Perhaps the lone bright spot was the clippers 1 point victory over the hawks. The Jazz are not catching the hawks, so it was nice to get some separation between the Jazz and clippers. The clippers are now 7-3 in their last 10 and a full 2.5 games ahead of the jazz.

I am fine with going for the tank. I just wish I had confidence in the Jazz FO to embrace a tank.

I get what your saying stoked, and I could see the jazz continue to push and fight to win a handful of games. Sadly, we all know the determination of the FO and ownership's isn't going to will this team into the playoffs. The playoffs are out of reach.

Like you I wish they would just accept it, and start looking ahead....again.

I get what your saying stoked, and I could see the jazz continue to push and fight to win a handful of games. Sadly, we all know the determination of the FO and ownership's isn't going to will this team into the playoffs. The playoffs are out of reach.

Like you I wish they would just accept it, and start looking ahead....again.

I don't think they are tbh. Especially if trades fix the spacing issues. But it would be 7th seed tops and that means we get GSW or the Rockets. How valuable is that to the jazz if we are changing the team in a year?

A playoff series would be a good thing for our young team especially if Exum is back. We need a winning culture. Its contagious.

I just want make sure that we make the right moves along the way. Favors has to be traded. He is a wasted asset if he isn't. JoeJ can expire unless his expiring could get us a worthy asset. Can we move Burks without a detrimental contract in return?

When Gobert returns, we don't need Favors, JoeJ and even Burks in order to stay where we are and potentially improve.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

A playoff series would be a good thing for our young team especially if Exum is back. We need a winning culture. Its contagious.

I just want make sure that we make the right moves along the way. Favors has to be traded. He is a wasted asset if he isn't. JoeJ can expire unless his expiring could get us a worthy asset. Can we move Burks without a detrimental contract in return?

When Gobert returns, we don't need Favors, JoeJ and even Burks in order to stay where we are and potentially improve.

To me it all depends on what we bring back for the players we trade. I think the Jazz FO is going for the playoffs and not draft picks. But we will see.

I agree. I think our franchise is committed to winning. I appreciate that. I just dont want to win this year at a cost for the future.

I'm very confident that our expendable assets (Favors, Burks and JoeJ) can get us value for this year and down the road.

We are only six games out of the top spot. If we use some ingenuity like the Sixers did a couple of years ago, we place virtually everyone on injured reserve and replace them with DLeague players. Henry Simms was one of those infamous Sixers. We can do it and grab the top spot.

Since tanking has become a regular event for the Jazz the moderators ought to rename this thread "Central Tank Command-2018 edition"

Today the Jazz are 4.5 games out of the final playoff spot and 6 games out of the top lottery position.

Last night's games has little impact on the tank.

We aren't going to tank. We are going to overpay for Mirotic so we can try real hard to be the 8 seed to get embarrassed by Houston. We will regret Rubio and probably Mirotic because they both cost us a 1st rounder to get us barely relevant.

I hope those 2 home playoff games are worth it...

images

I support a team that is ALL about winning. A tram that plays competitive basketball until the final seconds of games. A team that loses night in and night out due to refs, flukes, buzzer beaters and more... but a team that is competitive to the last second and fails to pull it out.

We have been that team for a few weeks now and I love it. The lottery odds are better for pick #6 than ever before and we are owed some good karma for once in our franchise's history after only having 1 x top 3 pick ever and after having lost a HIGHLY disproportionate amount of coin flips.

Competitive to the dying seconds... where we get in that panzer, tiger, or Sherman and ride into the lottery!