What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

I support a team that is ALL about winning. A tram that plays competitive basketball until the final seconds of games. A team that loses night in and night out due to refs, flukes, buzzer beaters and more... but a team that is competitive to the last second and fails to pull it out.

We have been that team for a few weeks now and I love it. The lottery odds are better for pick #6 than ever before and we are owed some good karma for once in our franchise's history after only having 1 x top 3 pick ever and after having lost a HIGHLY disproportionate amount of coin flips.

Competitive to the dying seconds... where we get in that panzer, tiger, or Sherman and ride into the lottery!

In my experience, anytime that you go for it, for competitive reasons and at the last second, you fail to pull it out. You put yourself in a position that you didn't really want to be in.

I can't wait for Gobert to come back and remind everyone who wants this team to tank how good this team really is. The wins are going to pile up and everyone will wonder why they were ever wanting to tank. The tank is a mirage. It shall be rejected by the Stifle tower just like the players who dare test him.

I can't wait for Gobert to come back and remind everyone who wants this team to tank how good this team really is. The wins are going to pile up and everyone will wonder why they were ever wanting to tank. The tank is a mirage. It shall be rejected by the Stifle tower just like the players who dare test him.

Sweet so instead of having a top7-8 and a chance at getting another star to play with him and DM for the next 7 years we can draft 14th, we will be worse long term but very noble. Noble and stuck in the middle.

SLC Punks podcast was great today. We need to tank and we need to tank now. The reason they gave is because Donovan Mitchell will be too good for us to have a chance at a high pick for the next 7 years.

SLC Punks podcast was great today. We need to tank and we need to tank now. The reason they gave is because Donovan Mitchell will be too good for us to have a chance at a high pick for the next 7 years.

and then we will be stuck in limbo like the blazers.

Blazers are 22-20 and fighting for a 5-8 slot and then they will be sacrificed to the warriors. Wonderful.
who can they trade for? seriously.
So is every other team in the NBA stuck because they will all most likely lose to the Warriors? You can enjoy a team without the being a favorite.

And they got two all-star level scoring guards on long term contracts. They can make trades and shake things up if they want.

So is every other team in the NBA stuck because they will all most likely lose to the Warriors? You can enjoy a team without the being a favorite.

no stuck to me is, being good enough to be in the playoffs with no real shot at a conference title.

This team is to talented and competitive to tank. I'd rather not see them develop loosing habits. We have just been hit hard by the injury bug this season.

Make a few smart trades, continue developing a very solid young core. This ship will sail.

Sweet so instead of having a top7-8 and a chance at getting another star to play with him and DM for the next 7 years we can draft 14th, we will be worse long term but very noble. Noble and stuck in the middle.
And more likely to have Gobert walk when the time comes.