What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Sweet so instead of having a top7-8 and a chance at getting another star to play with him and DM for the next 7 years we can draft 14th, we will be worse long term but very noble. Noble and stuck in the middle.
I find it hard to believe that a good pick can be had with the 12-14th pick.

Well then you should crawl in a hole for the next 3 years because, surprise, it's the Warriors.

Nah, Curry cant hold up at his level of play for 3 years. His ankles and body cant keep up with him. They are also going to lose Klay and probably Durant over the next couple years.

Sweet so instead of having a top7-8 and a chance at getting another star to play with him and DM for the next 7 years we can draft 14th, we will be worse long term but very noble. Noble and stuck in the middle.

There is no way in hell we will bad long term. People really don't understand how good Gobert and Mitchell both are? Really? Gobert is the best defensive player in the NBA. Mitchell is a superstar. And by superstar I don't mean just someone who will make the all star game a couple times. I mean a superstar, someone with the talent to be a future MVP candidate. One of the best players in the entire league. This team is going to be VERY good in a few years no matter what pick we have this year. Would it help to have 7-8? Sure. Is it necessary that we tank? No. More important for us is this trade deadline and free agency. We need to keep financial flexibility going forward. Favs and Hood have to go.

There is no way in hell we will bad long term. People really don't understand how good Gobert and Mitchell both are? Really? Gobert is the best defensive player in the NBA. Mitchell is a superstar. And by superstar I don't mean just someone who will make the all star game a couple times. I mean a superstar, someone with the talent to be a future MVP candidate. One of the best players in the entire league. This team is going to be VERY good in a few years no matter what pick we have this year. Would it help to have 7-8? Sure. Is it necessary that we tank? No. More important for us is this trade deadline and free agency. We need to keep financial flexibility going forward. Favs and Hood have to go.

Define long term... I’m talking one year tank 7-8 is the consolation prize. 20% at top 3 is the big deal.

I’d like us to have top 3-5 team potential needs one more all star level guy.

Thabo now gone...this season brought us DM but outside of that it’s basically trash. Tank it... just once.

I can't wait for Gobert to come back and remind everyone who wants this team to tank how good this team really is. The wins are going to pile up and everyone will wonder why they were ever wanting to tank. The tank is a mirage. It shall be rejected by the Stifle tower just like the players who dare test him.

Yeh, nah.

At this stage, with everything thats happened it would be negligent of the FO to not have our draft position as point of emphasis for the rest of the season.

Is this perhaps the disconnect rumored between coaching staff and the FO?

Nah, Curry cant hold up at his level of play for 3 years. His ankles and body cant keep up with him. They are also going to lose Klay and probably Durant over the next couple years.
The new Warriors are going to be the Celtics. Already contenders without Hayward and set to get a top-5 pick in the draft. Get ready to see the C's win title after title for the next decade.

The new Warriors are going to be the Celtics. Already contenders without Hayward and set to get a top-5 pick in the draft. Get ready to see the C's win title after title for the next decade.

i don't think there will be another idiot like that russian guy who purchased the brooklyn nets. That fool straight up through that building a team in the NBA was like soccer.

bit off topic but we get to play the Knicks Friday, and guess who the Knicks just signed signed? TREY BURKE

OH LAWDDDDDDDDD

Take with a pinch of salt but:
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-trade-chatter-from-the-g-league-showcase

Sense Of Urgency In Utah

The Utah Jazz has been linked to Chicago big man Nikola Mirotic in a trade that seems more likely than not. The Bulls are said to be seeking a first-round draft pick, something the Jazz seem reluctant to move.

League sources said things in Utah were starting to get contentious and that management and the coaching staff may not be on the same page with the direction of the roster and that change seems necessary.

The Jazz seem to be trying to move Derrick Favors and Joe Johnson, although the market for both may be tied to their ending contracts not necessarily their upside as players.

There is a belief that Johnson will seek a buyout after the trade deadline if he does not land on a playoff-bound roster.

Favors seems to be the salary that will head to Chicago in the Mirotic deal; the question becomes what kind of draft pick is going in the deal.

The Jazz are not the only suitor for Mirotic, so Chicago does have some leverage as the Detroit Pistons are said to be at the table on a Mirotic deal too. League sources still pegged the Jazz at the team that could win it; it just would require a first-round pick.

The wrinkle for the Bulls is that Mirotic does have veto power on a trade, and word is he likes the idea of the Jazz and head coach Quinn Snyder.

Maybe the coaching staff wants to continue to compete while the FO feels like it's time to tank...

It will tickle me pink when the Jazz start the TANK. I'd like to get back assets for Favors et al. but its not necessary. Mitchell, Gobert, a top pick, good coaching, a smart front office, and a blank salary sheet are great building blocks. I feel better about this team than I did at the end of last year.