What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

These meaningless wins are causing me anxiety.

Someone tell the Jazz we want to see...more amazing Mitchell dunks, Rudy Blocks and losses.

4-6 int eh last 10 is a wasted opportunity.

Upcoming games against Toronto, Warriors, San Antonio and Pelicans should take care of business

I believe we'll be sitting at 13-14 when all is said and done, unless we make a move that spreads the floor, so I may as well root for wins (it's not like the outcome changes based on me anyway).

I believe we'll be sitting at 13-14 when all is said and done, unless we make a move that spreads the floor, so I may as well root for wins (it's not like the outcome changes based on me anyway).
I shifted my hope from Doncic to JJJ to Mikal Bridges to Miles Bridges.

I’m hoping for some trade deadline moves that help establish a new team identity focused on Rudy and Donovan.

Then I’ll switch my hope to Musa or Simons or another Spida/Rudy trade on draft day. Jazz were never going to be bad enough to tank into the bottom 5 over the whole season.

I’d like to see Don lead the team on a chase for the playoffs after the All Star break. If they end up in the lottery, it won’t be a bad thing, but it certainly would be good for Mitchell to lead this team to success early in his career. Put the team on his back and live with the results.

Could happen, especially if we take on a bad contract (of someone who can produce to some degree) for a draft pick we may start playing better.

If we finished that strong Jazz may as well make the playoffs then so Mitchell can get some experience.

Am I the only one who's thoroughly unimpressed with anything in those highlights?

No... his touch is good but I think with how many good bigs are ready made and cheap that throwing a first round pick at big like him was a bad idea.

Let’s throw a roster spot and a pick at a guy who may be able to backup Rudy someday. I don’t care that the spurs were going to draft him.

Hope he becomes a player I just don’t see the upside.

Silver:
"With the twelfth pick in the 2018 NBA draft, the Utah Jazz select Wendell Carter from Duke University."

See this **** is what I mean.

Jazz gonna won just enough, and only enough, to somehow land on the tiny zone that blows up the Tank and crashes the Bus.

Really? ****

3.5 games away from the the 5th pick in a lost season, with Favors unlikely to re-sign & Hood likely to get overpaid considering his inconsistencies & injuries, I can't see any reasonable argument for not trading both (+ anyone else of positive value outside of DM/Gobert + Exum/Ingles/Bradley unless offered surplus value) for future assets & committing the rest of this season (via roster structure) to increasing our odds at landing a top 3 pick.

With Mitchell & Gobert locked up long-term, it's unlikely that we'll get many (if any) more opportunities at premium draft picks. We have the building blocks to be a consistent championship contender for the foreseeable future & it'd be short sighted IMO to not jump on the potential to land a (3rd) young elite talent, which small-market teams are typically only able to acquire thru the draft.

Jazz gonna won just enough, and only enough, to somehow land on the tiny zone that blows up the Tank and crashes the Bus.

Really? ****

If you aren't in the top 3-5 picks in a draft it doesn't really matter where you're picking. It's basically a crapshoot after that most years. This Jazz team was too good to ever be bottom 5 in the NBA. Unless some crazy stuff went down. If we're in the lottery we're going to be counting on ping pong balls. But even if we are picking in the 10-20 range I have faith in DL and the scouts. These are the guys that got us Rudy at 27 and Donovan at 13. They've drafted very well. We'll be alright.

If you aren't in the top 3-5 picks in a draft it doesn't really matter where you're picking. It's basically a crapshoot after that most years. This Jazz team was too good to ever be bottom 5 in the NBA. Unless some crazy stuff went down. If we're in the lottery we're going to be counting on ping pong balls. But even if we are picking in the 10-20 range I have faith in DL and the scouts. These are the guys that got us Rudy at 27 and Donovan at 13. They've drafted very well. We'll be alright.

The higher our pick the better it is for the team. Wether it lessens the chances DL needs to trade assets to move up to get his man or increases the value of our own pick to trade to bring a player in.

Sitting 10-13 is the worst possible outcome for any season. Let alone when adding as much talent as fast as possible.

mFk0Ns1.jpg

Really? ****

We need a mediocrity minivan thread... sadly that is where we end up... screaming kids in the back... annoying disney movie blaring... driving through the middle of Nevada.

Do not see it, do not get it.
I never saw it with Bradley. I had him as a barely draftable player in the draft. I guess I will trust that DL and the FO know better for now and hope he turns into at least a viable backup.

I never saw it with Bradley. I had him as a barely draftable player in the draft. I guess I will trust that DL and the FO know better for now and hope he turns into at least a viable backup.

I think he will be a good backup... problem is that there are many ready made good backups that are dirt cheap. Why use a pick and development time to get one.

He also doesn’t have something different to set him apart like Thomas Bryant who is shooting threes. I wasn’t a fan of the pick.