What's new

Chicago is open to trading Zach LaVine

I mean I can ask that potential buyers give me twice market rate on my house but...

I think the word is out on Zach. I think he will be traded for so much less than that. I'd say two solid firsts and not horrible matching salary is his ceiling. I'm just not sure if they are wanting some players to help them win now or if they prefer picks and its headed for a rebuild.

I don't disagree with you. Word on the street was that the Bulls were willing to trade Zach during the summer, but the asking price was high.

We’re gonna do it. After the initial frustration phase, eventually people will be swayed by poorly framed propaganda that a critical mass will be convinced that there’s some genius here and that there’s a plan and start looking at the positives.

We’re gonna do it. After the initial frustration phase, eventually people will be swayed by poorly framed propaganda that a critical mass will be convinced that there’s some genius here and that there’s a plan and start looking at the positives.
I see Cy is right about at the “change avatar to Lavine” stage of grief.

I don't disagree with you. Word on the street was that the Bulls were willing to trade Zach during the summer, but the asking price was high.
Yes but when you relist a house the price goes down. Unless Morey is a big fan I think this one stays on the market a while.

The other part of this approach I wonder is if they move Zach will Demar extend or does it provide the funds to feel comfortable paying him. I do think the things are linked a bit.

I love this type of analysis. It’s equivalent to them saying the Jazz are going to try and maximize the amount of points they can score while minimizing the amount other teams score.
Wait… have you told someone in the front office about this? I think that might actually work! Quick, delete it before any other teams catches on.

Jazz aren't going to trade for him. We stink and there's no way this would change it much

$178mm over 4 with a player option for a guy with bad knees. His contract is such a negative asset I would not give up much to get him. Tying up a good portion of the salary cap on a guy with bad knees is a high risk move and a low reward for a team still building like the Jazz. They should stay away.

In!

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and once again NO.
I've got enough heroball this season from THT, Sexton and Clarkson so i don't wanna see Zach ''mr heroball wanna be allstar'' in this Jazz team.
Also i saw Lauri and Lavine together in Bulls 4 years and that duo didn't work at all.

Every freaking time when Lavine was hot he didn't play team ball and was always i shoot first and all the time guy.
Jazz already have Clarkson who's sabotasing Lauri's point totals and shots so why Jazz need Lavine too.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and once again NO.
I've got enough heroball this season from THT, Sexton and Clarkson so i don't wanna see Zach ''mr heroball wanna be allstar'' in this Jazz team.
Also i saw Lauri and Lavine together in Bulls 4 years and that duo didn't work at all.

Every freaking time when Lavine was hot he didn't play team ball and was always i shoot first and all the time guy.
Jazz already have Clarkson who's sabotasing Lauri's point totals and shots so why Jazz need Lavine too.
So is that a maybe?

The other part of this approach I wonder is if they move Zach will Demar extend or does it provide the funds to feel comfortable paying him. I do think the things are linked a bit.
Your post raises an interesting question:

Why not target LaVine AND DeRozan in a move? Bolerjack can maybe give us some data on success when playing multiple guys with multiple capitalizations in their names.