What's new

Chicago is open to trading Zach LaVine

This would be a bad move in my opinion. I hope Ainge and Zanik won’t even consider it. LaVine’s contract is too rich, he’s not a two-way player (is poor defensively), and he has been long criticized in Chicago for not playing a team game. If the Bulls thought he was a winning player, they wouldn’t want to move him. Now it appears they're trying to get rid of his contract and see what they could get for him.

Sam Vecenie mentioned us as a potential trade suitor and thinks we make a ton of sense as a LaVine destination. The deal he put together:

Sexton, THT, Ochai and 2 firsts for LaVine

It’s honestly not the worst but if we did do it I would like to limit it to one first if possible. I think I’m out on him if it costs anything more than that. If it’s so cheap like this minus a first I would do it.

Sam Vecenie mentioned us as a potential trade suitor and thinks we make a ton of sense as a LaVine destination. The deal he put together:

It’s honestly not the worst but if we did do it I would like to limit it to one first if possible. I think I’m out on him if it costs anything more than that. If it’s so cheap like this minus a first I would do it.
Sexton, tht, and one first or no thanks.

I’m with you. It’s buying extremely low at that point.
Agreed. i dont think that would get it done. But that is more like what i would offer. And im one of the few Lavine fans lol.

Sam Vecenie should be arrested.

I would only do it for no firsts. And I know that likely isn't reasonable and that we would get out bid. It has to be considered grand larceny for me to make a Zach deal. Like I want there to be an investigation on Ainge because the deal is so one-sided.

Also I won't trade my favorite Jazz man Ochai unless its a super duper star.

Sexton, tht, and one first or no thanks.
Windhorst mentioned it will look more like the Beal deal than a star return if Zach is moved. Said it might not be quite that extreme... but looking at the Beal deal right now... did the Wiz win that trade?

With Zach if he didn't have the history of knee injuries I could maybe convince myself to buy in to him being in the wrong situation... or if his contract was just a little less ******.... or if he had the ****** deal and knee issues but had a history of making his teams better when he is on the court... but its the opposite.

He doesn't have huge red flags but there are like 3-4 yellow ones. I think eventually he is moved to the Lakers or Heat for like 1.5 firsts or 1 first and a mid prospect on a rookie deal. Chicago has some incentive to tank starting in 2025. May not get desperate enough this year. If they haven't figured things out this year they will likely blow it up this offseason. If we are interested just wait it out imo.

LaVine's "star" days are over. He got his chance – a ton of chances in fact – and came up way short. As I said earlier, most likely he'll spend the rest of his career playing the late-stage Ray Allen role on some team looking to contend. The third banana in the corner, off ball.

Dude can still be an awesome spot up shooter, but for this team he's way too much of a luxury for a role like that, at his price point. And giving him ballhandling/creating duties would be the worst mistake of all. He makes Clarkson look like prime LeBron James on that front.

Please Jazz management stay away from Zach Lavine trade.
This team has already Clarkson who's mr heroball so where this team needs Lavine.

If the plan is go full tank-mode middle in November / December then trading for Lavine might be good idea.
If the plan is try to make play-in games with this current roster then trading for Lavine is lousy and dead idea because Lavine is not winning player.

If those picks are coming the other way...

Danny likes a deal sometimes no matter what. Maybe he trades for Zach near the deadline if the price comes down.

In the next month teams (including the Bulls) will really show their cards here in how they value Zach as all the FA contracts signed will be eligible to be moved. I keep having this bad feeling the price gets too low and DA can’t resist.

In the next month teams (including the Bulls) will really show their cards here in how they value Zach as all the FA contracts signed will be eligible to be moved. I keep having this bad feeling the price gets too low and DA can’t resist.

They’ll ask Lauri about him and from what I can gather it seems like they liked each other when he was there.

Wonder if there is any chance the Jazz trade Hendricks to cut bait with a failed pick and somehow turn that into LaVine.

Face value I wouldnt want to trade a lottery pick for LaVine, but I would trade a bad lottery picked player for Lavine.

Wonder if there is any chance the Jazz trade Hendricks to cut bait with a failed pick and somehow turn that into LaVine.

Face value I wouldnt want to trade a lottery pick for LaVine, but I would trade a bad lottery picked player for Lavine.
I have an alternate theory on the weirdness around the Hendricks pick. It is most likely just JZ saying something in a weird way he thought would sound good but it was just really bad. But what if we took Taylor thinking the Thunder wanted him bad and would move up for him (since they were trying to move up for Cason). It would have been a reasonable target for the Thunder and Ainge has rolled the dice with this before (Tatum and trading back and Thybulle when he knew Philly wanted him). Would explain the tone of the press conference maybe... they might have called the bluff and got stuck with something they weren't in love with.

I wouldn't move anything of great value for Lavine... including Hendricks. I'm thinking if the Bulls want to be a different type of mid it would be Collins and THT for LaVine type of deal with no draft capital. Something around Clarkson and Collins for Lavine and another deal would also make some sense. Bulls just don't seem to want to rebuild and Collins is a decent fit with their roster. Would break up the LaVine deal... IDK. I don't think their offers get really good but it only takes one sucker.

They’ll ask Lauri about him and from what I can gather it seems like they liked each other when he was there.
I don't think Lauri ever had anything against LaVine the person and him off-court. LaVine on-court and what he does to a team's style of play might be another thing.

I dug into this earlier out of curiosity, and it seems to me that LaVine might've been part of the reason Lauri asked to be traded out of Chicago. LaVine's unwillingness to pass the ball to his teammates and coaching decisions put Lauri in a position/role where he felt he couldn't play to his potential. In any case, I'm against trading for Zach also because his contract is too rich, and as a poor defender, he is not a two-way player. When Danny builds our team, I want at least one of our starter guards to be a strong defender.