What's new

Chicago is open to trading Zach LaVine

Its cute when Cy thinks he knows how things work. Its like when little kids put on their parents business clothes and pretend they are headed into the office.

Its cute when Cy thinks he knows how things work. Its like when little kids put on their parents business clothes and pretend they are headed into the office.
As opposed to you who just creates a narrative then desperately tries to force everything into that narrative even if it obviously doesnt fit. I remember when "Tay Henny" was the most NBA ready prospect!

You constantly talk about "Ainge the bargain hunter, so you have to force the Collins trade into that narrative.
Getting a starter for Gay seems like a bargain. No need to force a narrative there. Pretty much everyone agrees we got him for a bargain.

Getting a starter for Gay seems like a bargain. No need to force a narrative there. Pretty much everyone agrees we got him for a bargain.
A bargain that has led to us being one of the worst teams in the NBA? Does no one remember the Will Hardy press conference before the season and how confused he sounded on how to use Collins? Not exactly excited about the "bargain" he got from Ainge.

The Jazz did it to get a 2-3 year deal on a mid-sized salary, perfect for a star trade down the line.

You constantly talk about "Ainge the bargain hunter, so you have to force the Collins trade into that narrative.
Was talking about the Tay Henny thing. The John Collins trade is the reason (plus the mountain of other evidence) I think he’s a bargain hunter. I’m certainly not the one in the argument saying if you want to make a star trade an important step is to have a long term big contract on a veteran… because almost all the evidence suggest when stars get moved teams want expiring contracts, prospects and picks. I’m not forcing a narrative at all. They got Collins because they think he’s undervalued and they can either use him on court or in a trade (but doesn’t have to be a star deal… might be grabbing a pick and an expiring).

Was talking about the Tay Henny thing. The John Collins trade is the reason (plus the mountain of other evidence) I think he’s a bargain hunter. I’m certainly not the one in the argument saying if you want to make a star trade an important step is to have a long term big contract on a veteran… because almost all the evidence suggest when stars get moved teams want expiring contracts, prospects and picks. I’m not forcing a narrative at all. They got Collins because they think he’s undervalued and they can either use him on court or in a trade (but doesn’t have to be a star deal… might be grabbing a pick and an expiring).
Ahh, well it's too much work to go through all the glazing you did over "Tay Henny" in the draft thread.

A bargain that has led to us being one of the worst teams in the NBA? Does no one remember the Will Hardy press conference before the season and how confused he sounded on how to use Collins? Not exactly excited about the "bargain" he got from Ainge.

The Jazz did it to get a 2-3 year deal on a mid-sized salary, perfect for a star trade down the line.
Is Will Hardy the GM?

Big contracts have value in their last year (as trade fodder anyway) if DA really was thinking that he could simply go sign someone to a 1+1 and it’s a way more flexible deal. He likes Collins and likes a deal.

Ahh, well it's too much work to go through all the glazing you did over "Tay Henny" in the draft thread.
Okay so then I guess you just make **** up and pass it off as fact in arguments in completely unrelated matters.

Look at Cy trying on Dads work shoes and walking around… adorable.

Is Will Hardy the GM?

Big contracts have value in their last year (as trade fodder anyway) if DA really was thinking that he could simply go sign someone to a 1+1 and it’s a way more flexible deal. He likes Collins and likes a deal.
He looked around at what was available and got what he could from Gay so he could have a tradeable contract. If you want to spin it as "bargain hunting" go for it, but the main motivator was having a tradeable contract for a more expensive player.

He looked around at what was available and got what he could from Gay so he could have a tradeable contract. If you want to spin it as "bargain hunting" go for it, but the main motivator was having a tradeable contract for a more expensive player.
Its not though. If he wanted a tradeable contract he could have simply ignored Gay's deal and used his $20M or so in cap space to sign someone to a Bruce Brown type of deal which is infinitely more tradeable in a deal like that.

If that’s why we traded for Collins color me confused. If we traded for him as a trade chip down the line, fine, still a little confusing, but I get that.

Collins is making 25 million this year and sadly he’s just a mid level role player who sometimes raises his game.