What's new

Chicago is open to trading Zach LaVine

Caught in a corner = stating truth and having a guy just hit repeat on his tired talking point?
Still haven’t addressed the “tired talking point” you’d rather fling monkey poo. It’s fine… it’s not always easy to talk at the adult table.

Dude was literally on the block for like 3 years. He's tradeable, but his market isn't universal.
He’s more tradable in a trade for a star. When there are plenty of assets you can use. I don’t know what the Hawks situation has been over that time. But you need to fill money somewhere and Collins is a useful player and youngish

He’s more tradable in a trade for a star. When there are plenty of assets you can use. I don’t know what the Hawks situation has been over that time. But you need to fill money somewhere and Collins is a useful player and youngish
The only way he’s more tradable for a star has nothing to do with basketball, though. He’s not going from a second round pick in one equation to being a weight that tilts the scale in a deal for a star.

Wonder if there is any chance the Jazz trade Hendricks to cut bait with a failed pick and somehow turn that into LaVine.

Face value I wouldnt want to trade a lottery pick for LaVine, but I would trade a bad lottery picked player for Lavine.
According to the beat reporters, the Jazz value Hendricks highly.

Dude was literally on the block for like 3 years. He's tradeable, but his market isn't universal.

With his contract he is extremely tradable
He was on the market with this contract and wasn’t traded for much other than relief. In like 2 months you don’t go from being traded for Rudy Gay to “extremely valuable”.

He was on the market with this contract and wasn’t traded for much other than relief. In like 2 months you don’t go from being traded for Rudy Gay to “extremely valuable”.
I mean he literally had no trade market. None. They gave him away. Now, though I think there are 4 or 5 teams that might be interested and would probably give us something back better than Rudy Gay and a 2nd. Lakers could use him in the worst way.

I know things hard to understand but… when teams trade a star they are generally going to rebuild… otherwise they keep the star. When they do that they want a few things almost universally… picks, young players on rookie deals, and salary flexibility. This has been the formula for a long time. One thing that is t flexible guys with 2 years left on their contract and a third year player option all totaling 80M.

So if you wanted to add guys just for purposes of making a star trade what you look for is guys on flexible deals or expiring contracts. So why did we get Collins? Well it could be they like JC as a long term piece. It could be he’s a reclamation project they trade later. If you think it’s simply to match salaries some day for a star trade then I’ll send Tommy back with a tac hammer.

I mean he literally had no trade market. None. They gave him away. Now, though I think there are 4 or 5 teams that might be interested and would probably give us something back better than Rudy Gay and a 2nd. Lakers could use him in the worst way.
I think if we got something for him you have to factor in the opportunity cost of the cap space. I also think Atlanta was hamstrung with cap issues. So maybe someone would give a first but they had to take back a worse player in similar long term salary. We don’t have those issues.

They likely wanted Collins the player and thought they could goose his value a bit. Which I think they have. If an opportunity comes to flip him they may take it. If not they just keep him and use him. He’s played well it’s just the fit isn’t ideal. It’s not untenable though. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to move him… we should have other priorities. If a contender wants to make a push in move he might yield a first (if we take back some less than ideal salary).

I think if we got something for him you have to factor in the opportunity cost of the cap space. I also think Atlanta was hamstrung with cap issues. So maybe someone would give a first but they had to take back a worse player in similar long term salary. We don’t have those issues.

They likely wanted Collins the player and thought they could goose his value a bit. Which I think they have. If an opportunity comes to flip him they may take it. If not they just keep him and use him. He’s played well it’s just the fit isn’t ideal. It’s not untenable though. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to move him… we should have other priorities. If a contender wants to make a push in move he might yield a first (if we take back some less than ideal salary).

We really haven't seen him with a healthy Kessler. We have been screaming for like 2 decades for a "stretch 4." Maybe let this run a bit and see where it goes. There is a decent chance that a team with injuries calls us up with a hefty overpay. If not, I'm fine rolling forward with him for a year or two.

I’d move him in exchange for them dropping the protections on the pick. Looking at their cap, though, there’s not a great salary matching for that so it’s have to be a larger deal.

He was on the block but the asking price was bonkers. Last year he became a risky target for a contending team due to his finger injury and resulting bad 3P shooting... which is why we got him on the cheap.

He has rehabbed a lot of his value already by hitting his 3s, and would surely be a positive asset in a trade (future salary cap increases accounted for).

He was on the block but the asking price was bonkers. Last year he became a risky target for a contending team due to his finger injury and resulting bad 3P shooting... which is why we got him on the cheap.

He has rehabbed a lot of his value already by hitting his 3s, and would surely be a positive asset in a trade (future salary cap increases accounted for).
Yeah... I don't see that many teams going after a 6'5'' paint player who can't protect the rim and will be making $27 million next season.

We are nearing the time where Lavine's stock is so low that Chicago either sends him home or trades in the Trader Danny Discount Zone. His game last night was putrid. Reports are the Bulls are prioritizing trading LaVine over everything else and want players back so they can see how it looks with Caruso and DeRozan... they are looking to continue mediocrity and not rebuild. I can see them talking themselves into John Collins being the best player they can get for him...

In other news... I'm grateful for DA even though he isn't perfect.

We are nearing the time where Lavine's stock is so low that Chicago either sends him home or trades in the Trader Danny Discount Zone. His game last night was putrid. Reports are the Bulls are prioritizing trading LaVine over everything else and want players back so they can see how it looks with Caruso and DeRozan... they are looking to continue mediocrity and not rebuild. I can see them talking themselves into John Collins being the best player they can get for him...

In other news... I'm grateful for DA even though he isn't perfect.
Putrid for sure. LaVine had a total of 2 points with FG% 11.1% and plus/minus -22 in 25 minutes playing time. What's going on with the Bulls? Locker room issues or something else?

Last edited: