What's new

Chicago is open to trading Zach LaVine

So what about instead of trading for Lavine we go for Coby White. If th Bulls gonna do a fire sale

What is this his 8th or 9th season... And he sucks. Gets buckets at times but has bad IQ and is the last person U should add into a rebuilding team. The worst idea ever. No one but top 3 defensive team should even consider a minute about this.

Last edited:
I dont know how you guys generally feel about different basketball analysts but I'm starting to think Yossi Gozlan is one of the worst.

He listed 5 teams that make sense for Lavine and those were: Magic, Pistons, Hornets, Mavs and Lakers.

I mean wtf is that? Magic makes some remote sense since they dont have bucket getters and have a great defense, but the timeline is wrong. Pistons and Hornets make even less sense as they dont look like win now teams at all. Mavs are probably the second worst fit in the entire NBA (behind Clippers) for Lavine, and the proposed Lakers trade package (Rui, Prince, DLo) would send them back to 3P shooting stone age which made them a cellar dweller once before.

Last edited:
I would trade Clarkson and THT for him. He would improve us over those guys and be a better contract and player for future trades. But I am not giving up picks for him.

I think this is the Bulls kicking off the auction process on Zach a trade comes in December/january. Whether it’s a rebuild or retool may depend on how bad their record is.

I dont know how you guys generally feel about different basketball analysts but I'm starting to think Yossi Gozlan is one of the worst.

He listed 5 teams that make sense for Lavine and those were: Magic, Pistons, Hornets, Mavs and Lakers.

I mean wtf is that? Magic makes some remote sense since they dont have bucket getters and have a great defense, but the timeline is wrong. Pistons and Hornets make even less sense as they dont look like win now teams at all. Mavs are probably the second worst fit in the entire NBA (behind Clippers) for Lavine, and the proposed Lakers trade package (Rui, Prince, DLo) would send them back to 3P shooting stone age which made them a cellar dweller once before.
I think he would be a great fit for either LA team, especially if he can make them a cellar-dweller. Let the man talk!

Timeline isn't a real thing for most teams

The only way trading for Lavune makes sense is if you have zero faith in your ability to land who you want in free agency, which could be a thing.

I would do this. Move JC to the bench. Keep Key in the starting lineup. Talent upgrade. Better trade piece down the road and can help win now. Making the playoffs this year gives OKC our pick in 24 and then allows us to move our own picks if we need to. We would no longer be hindered by the Favors trade.

Keyonte
Lavine
Markennan
Collins
Kessler

Lavine doesn’t over dribble like Jordan Clarkson, so we could reinstate the big line up…

Dunn
JC
Ochai
Simone
Hendricks

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpeg
    IMG_0650.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 13
He's a little too old to be a second draft guy, but he kind of fits the things I'm looking for when bargain bin shopping. Very talented, toxic franchise, is in bad form, needs a new environment ect. Not saying this always turns into Lauri, but these are the options you're left with when you're looking to trade for a star at a lower price. His salary doesn't seem desirable, but the Jazz also have a lot of undesirable salary. At some point the Jazz need to go forwards or backwards, so maybe this Lavine discussion is actually just a plea to go the other direction.

I have seen a lot of Lavine games as a follower of Lauri´s career. I don´t know whether its a system Bulls have built around him or just himself, but somehow Bulls are killing natural flow of the game, especially when he´s on the court and seen as this new born MJ. I think that is big reason why several of the players who have gotten out of there, have been quite a bit different players elsewhere. Of course Lavine is extremely talented scorer, but there are definitely also cons with him. If Hardy isn´t real magician, I would expect adding him would make team worse, not better.

I have seen a lot of Lavine games as a follower of Lauri´s career. I don´t know whether its a system Bulls have built around him or just himself, but somehow Bulls are killing natural flow of the game, especially when he´s on the court and seen as this new born MJ. I think that is big reason why several of the players who have gotten out of there, have been quite a bit different players elsewhere. Of course Lavine is extremely talented scorer, but there are definitely also cons with him. If Hardy isn´t real magician, I would expect adding him would make team worse, not better.
I’m sure he’s better than he’s showing this year and likely not super motivated. It’s just his on/off numbers for his whole career suggest strongly that he’s not a positive player. Even if he’s a talented and efficient scorer… it’s not leading to winning.

Zach having a pretty miserable game… 3/13 from the field. Looks pretty checked out tbh.