What's new

College Football *2015*

My gut tells me they lose one of these PAC-12 games though.

I'm optimistic about the rest of our schedule, but this wouldn't surprise me one bit. The more they win, the bigger the target on their back. If they can stay focused, they have the tools to run the table.

Also want to point out by predicting they will lose to Stanford means I think they are making it to the Pac-12 Championship game, so it's not like I'm dissing Utah.

Also want to point out by predicting they will lose to Stanford means I think they are making it to the Pac-12 Championship game, so it's not like I'm dissing Utah.

You're not dissing Utah by saying that, but you're also not necessarily giving praise by saying they'll win the South considering they have a two game lead on everybody...

Like how Utah lost to Stanford the last two years?

The last 2 years have no baring on current games, there's no more of a irrelevant stat when talking about match ups than recalling history....completely different teams, at different stages on a different day......football is week to week, which is why we watch.

The last 2 years have no baring on current games, there's no more of a irrelevant stat when talking about match ups than recalling history....completely different teams, at different stages on a different day......football is week to week, which is why we watch.

I disagree. We are a better team this year than the last two. Stanford is better than last year but not as good as two years ago. We have always been a good matchup for Stanford.

There is a lot that has happened the last two years that has bearing on this year's game.

If history had no bearing on today's games, no one would watch film.

I hope Stanford-Utah happens. It would be very satisfying to beat them in their own backyard.

If history had no bearing on today's games, no one would watch film.

I agree with this obviously, I'm just saying I don't understand when people use past games as ammunition for upcoming games.....film is meant for studying habits (obviously you know this) but not an end all be all, most games come down to who's better on that given day, and the best teams don't always win

I agree with this obviously, I'm just saying I don't understand when people use past games as ammunition for upcoming games.....film is meant for studying habits (obviously you know this) but not an end all be all, most games come down to who's better on that given day, and the best teams don't always win

Yeah. I agree. I was just talking weak sauce smack with Cy. I have no idea if Utah could beat Utah. I haven't watched Stanford all year.

All I know about Stanford is they lost to Northwestern and demolished UCLA...but UCLA almost lost to BYU so they can't be that good. Ha ha.

Recent meetings are usually a pretty good predictor of the outcome. Many of the same players, coaches, etc. It's not the whole story but it isn't irrelevant either. Is Utah's 9 win season last year irrelevant to them being undefeated so far this year; of course not. They built on a good thing, they didn't start from scratch.

I'd waaaay rather face Stanford than Cal if we make it to the Pac 12 title game.

I completely agree. Cal is scary. Stanford is predictable. That being said, I think Cal loses a bunch of games. I picked them to finish 2-5 and end up with a 7-5 record. Their schedule is too tough.

Former UW QB and 4 star QB Troy Williams just committed to Utah.

Chase staying at safety? I just don't see how he can beat out Williams and Taysom Hill to be starting QB next year. ;)

Former UW QB and 4 star QB Troy Williams just committed to Utah.

Chase staying at safety? I just don't see how he can beat out Williams and Taysom Hill to be starting QB next year. ;)

images

I'd waaaay rather face Stanford than Cal if we make it to the Pac 12 title game.

I realize we matchup well with Stanford but they just look like a team on a mission lately, so if I'd choose I'd face Cal. McCaffrey is really coming into his own, last season when we played them I thought he should have got the ball more because he was killing us. This year he's getting the opportunity and just going off.