What does Walker's future hold?

• Will be better than Gobert

• Just as good as Gobert

• He's still a future All Star or DPOY

• Still a future 30+ MPG player

• Zubac level starter

• Bench player

Results are only viewable after voting.
5.4 to 3.4 for Gobert. This is a comical argument. Gobert has always been good at getting to the line especially when compared to Kessler.
What years are those? Rookie year? Sophmore? Both years combined average?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Per 100 which I think is the most fair for comparison Gobert is much better at FTs right from the beginning. His worst year was 6.7 and this year Kessler is at 2.8. Kessler was slightly better his rookie year but still almost half of what Gobert was his rookie year. Some of that is aggressiveness and some of it was Goberts size and also him being very gangly.

Either way its a problem for Kessler right now. Teams know he isnt a good FT shooter and would rather take their chances of not fouling him. He needs to go up stronger and create more contact. Injuries might be playing a role this year but he wasnt great last year at that either.

And on ice skates.
Eh, Shaq is tall enough it puts certain, uh, parts right at fist or elbow level. He'd go down pretty quick considering how fast my nephew put me down that one time when he was 4 and took a swing in just the right spot. Squirrel taps can be devastating. And Shaq's presumably pendulous jewels would make an easy target.

I see a guy that could exceed Gobert if only he got his mind right. Not saying that he’s more athletic but his hands and instincts are so good that he compensates. Plus Gobert has always been a bit soft. I don’t know that Kessler is soft in that sense or just too nice of a guy. But if he could develop that killer instinct look out cause sky’s the limit imo.

Per 100 which I think is the most fair for comparison Gobert is much better at FTs right from the beginning. His worst year was 6.7 and this year Kessler is at 2.8. Kessler was slightly better his rookie year but still almost half of what Gobert was his rookie year. Some of that is aggressiveness and some of it was Goberts size and also him being very gangly.

Either way its a problem for Kessler right now. Teams know he isnt a good FT shooter and would rather take their chances of not fouling him. He needs to go up stronger and create more contact. Injuries might be playing a role this year but he wasnt great last year at that either.
Thank you for showing your work. And yes it's what I expected. I just like seeing evidence and you provided what I was looking for

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

At this point I don't think it's fair to compare Walker's and Rudy's free throw rates because the teams are so different. Rudy played a lot of his career with almost no big men to compete with for rim runner touches. Even when he was starting with Favors it was more of a gimmick where they started but I don't think they were actually playing that many minutes together.

At this point I don't think it's fair to compare Walker's and Rudy's free throw rates because the teams are so different. Rudy played a lot of his career with almost no big men to compete with for rim runner touches. Even when he was starting with Favors it was more of a gimmick where they started but I don't think they were actually playing that many minutes together.
lmfao holy ****. This has to tbe the King of Excuses right here. Gobert played with Favors and they played a lot of minutes together. The Jazz closed games with both bigs for a long period. Walker plays with 3 other bigs who can all shoot the 3 near or above 40%. You are smoking some high grade marijuana.

Eh, Shaq is tall enough it puts certain, uh, parts right at fist or elbow level. He'd go down pretty quick considering how fast my nephew put me down that one time when he was 4 and took a swing in just the right spot. Squirrel taps can be devastating. And Shaq's presumably pendulous jewels would make an easy target.

He's over 350 lbs. You're not going to knock him over.

This is just like when people were saying Walker could be the next Brook Lopez because he made more 3’s as a rookie. I like Walker Kessler, but yall are smoking crack.

@sip is right though. We really should not be comparing the two and it’s because Rudy is/was an entirely different class of player. Rudy is going to the HOF.

He's over 350 lbs. You're not going to knock him over.
Ya i wouldn't try to knock him over. I would pull on his jersey with two hands from behind (when he is least ready for it and off balance) and stick my leg out and trip him.

This is just like when people were saying Walker could be the next Brook Lopez because he made more 3’s as a rookie. I like Walker Kessler, but yall are smoking crack.

@sip is right though. We really should not be comparing the two and it’s because Rudy is/was an entirely different class of player. Rudy is going to the HOF.
I will ask you this question though: Can you pull up a post of yours, or anyones, from goberts second season predicting that he would be a hall of famer? I think i was probably higher on gobert than anyone on jazzfanz early on and I didn't predict he would be a hall of famer.

26 minutes, 8 points, 9 rebound and 2.3 blocks per game. (gobert in year 2)

25 minutes, 9 points, 8 rebounds, and 2.8 blocks per game. (kessler in year 2)

Not seeing a huge chasm there. Whoever is hating on kessler this season should have also been hating on Gobert in his second season. Gobert made those haters look foolish. im hoping kessler makes these haters look foolish too.

I will ask you this question though: Can you pull up a post of yours, or anyones, from goberts second season predicting that he would be a hall of famer? I think i was probably higher on gobert than anyone on jazzfanz early on and I didn't predict he would be a hall of famer.

26 minutes, 8 points, 9 rebound and 2.3 blocks per game. (gobert in year 2)

25 minutes, 9 points, 8 rebounds, and 2.8 blocks per game. (kessler in year 2)

Not seeing a huge chasm there. Whoever is hating on kessler this season should have also been hating on Gobert in his second season. Gobert made those haters look foolish. im hoping kessler makes these haters look foolish too.
If Walker magically grows to Rudy's size you might be onto something!

Keyonte might be Steph because Steph wasnt Steph his rookie year.

Brice Sensabaugh might be MJ because MJ wasnt even a pro at 19!

Keyonte might be Steph because Steph wasnt Steph his rookie year.

Brice Sensabaugh might be MJ because MJ wasnt even a pro at 19!
Really? Post their stats and lets see if they are almost the exact same. I bet steph has better stats during his rookie year than keyonte (probably better college stats too) same with mj vs brice.

Just because you spam the board with how much kessler sucks (like you did with Hendricks) doesn't make it true. Sorry but i still think he is and will be very good.

I will ask you this question though: Can you pull up a post of yours, or anyones, from goberts second season predicting that he would be a hall of famer?

I mean I did the original thread his rookie year. I had to redo it because I didn't reserve enough space for future entries:

If Walker magically grows to Rudy's size you might be onto something!
Ya rudy is taller. By 1 inch according to basketball reference. Holy smokes! Rudy also has 2 inches in standing reach.

These things cant be overcome in any way. Everyone knows that taller players are always better than shorter players. that is why shawn bradley and manute bol are better than gobert. Gobert just couldn't overcome their height to ever be as good as them.

I mean I did the original thread his rookie year. I had to redo it because I didn't reserve enough space for future entries:

And any posts in there from 2014 about him being a lock for the hall of fame?
I did see a few hater posts in there. Hopefully Kessler proves the haters wrong like rudy did.

Last edited:
Really? Post their stats and lets see if they are almost the exact same. I bet steph has better stats during his rookie year than keyonte (probably better college stats too) same with mj vs brice.

Just because you spam the board with how much kessler sucks (like you did with Hendricks) doesn't make it true. Sorry but i still think he is and will be very good.

9 points on 52% TS% is not the same as 9 pts on 63% TS%. Gobert's advanced stats were much better in his second season compared to Kessler.

Kessler has become quite inefficient for a big, because he insists on finessing every shot, instead of going up strong.