What's new

Conley hamstringing again

Any news on the MRI?
Like they’d tell us... not giving you a hard time but Jazz are always vague or mysterious with injuries. Unless it was really bad news then I’d expect to hear nothing or next to nothing.

Like they’d tell us... not giving you a hard time but Jazz are always vague or mysterious with injuries. Unless it was really bad news then I’d expect to hear nothing or next to nothing.
Hopefully they're courteous enough to at least let the players, including Mike, know if he'll be good for Round 2. Preferably more than a few hours before tipoff.

Jazz typical day-to-day. If for a week or for six months, who knows

Hopefully they're courteous enough to at least let the players, including Mike, know if he'll be good for Round 2. Preferably more than a few hours before tipoff.
Well they let them know but reserve the right to change everything right up to the deadline, so you can't trust anything they say until the team is on the court.

I think it's because the team was on fire and he could.

Joe's been much more impactful as a starter, so maybe MIke being out for a game or 2 will motivate him to step up and be aggressive.

The thing that worries me the most is that his drive and kick game has been kind of sus lately. It's probably just the bad plays sticking out in my head, but he seems to be turning it over at an alarming rate on those plays, and the kind that lead directly to points.
Joe is the master at taking what the other team gives him combined with doing what he thinks the Jazz need in any given situation. Top that off with the fact that it seems the last 6 weeks of the season really wore him down with minutes and the ball handling/PG role. IMO Joe will be fine, he just needs to recover a bit and see the need he is going to fill.

I love what Conley brings to the table for the jazz, but if every 5 or 6 games he'll need to rest or gets injured, I really think he should not get paid much money to resign with us.

Another reminder that this happened in a game that only got played because our medical staff blindsided the team by holding Mitchell out hours before Game 1.
I'm not sure we go 4-0... may have had a let down game in there somewhere. But yeah... this is why you don't play with your food and why you don't do stupid ****. Even if they would have just let the team know early that it was a 50/50 decision then maybe the team doesn't **** the bed so hard.

I have a bad feeling this is going to end cup keeping him out like 4 or 5 games.
That's exactly what is going to happen. So, at this point, just hope Dallas wraps this series up tomorrow so we don't have to risk getting LAC in the semifinals. If he's not going to return for likely this series, maybe even the WCF, we need the best probable match-up.

I have a bad feeling this is going to end cup keeping him out like 4 or 5 games.
Not a doctor but I think you can play through it but would risk a potentially brutal injury. He has FA this offseason but this might be his best chance at a title. I'm going to guess he ends up playing in game 1 or 2 but re-injuring somewhere during the series. He may gut it out and risk the big injury. Clearly the extra time didn't fix it... its going to be something he has to deal with. We just gotta cross our fingers and hope we can manage.

That's exactly what is going to happen. So, at this point, just hope Dallas wraps this series up tomorrow so we don't have to risk getting LAC in the semifinals. If he's not going to return for likely this series, maybe even the WCF, we need the best probable match-up.
That seems extremely pessimistic.

A mild hamstring strain takes a few days to recover from. I know the Jazz held Mike out for longer than that in the regular season, but Mike himself said during that time that it was cautionary and if it were the playoffs, he would be playing.

Also I don't trust our medical staff.

Mitchell's injury was supposed to be minor and he ended up missing a month before he went and got his own medical staff, which he credited for his recovery in time for the playoffs (or would've been in time if our medical staff didn't blindside him and the entire team hours before Game 1 after clearing him from the injury report entirely the day before).

Their "rest him for an eternity and hope for the best" method doesn't seem to be working very well for Conley either.

A mild hamstring strain takes a few days to recover from. I know the Jazz held Mike out for longer than that in the regular season, but Mike himself said during that time that it was cautionary and if it were the playoffs, he would be playing.
The extra time didn't do much more than the shorter time when he was out... I think he guts it out... may miss a game or two. Might be a Don like injury evaluation... win game 1 and he sits out both game 1 and 2... lose game 1 and by the miracle of God he is healed and ready for game 2. We can likely win game one without him if we get Dallas because of the short turnaround.

Injuries suck ***.

Not really, considering it was his hamstring that kept him out since April.