What's new

Coronavirus

"So, if a smaller droplet, an aerosol, has less virus in it but if that virus is more infectious, you can get infected with the smaller droplets. When we saw [the virus] early on, you needed a larger dose of the virus, so it was much more important in protecting yourself from the larger droplets,” -- Dr. Bonnie Henry
So, smaller droplets are more likely to infect than previously. Not quite what you said, but close enough.

Tam said this week single-layer cloth masks, which typically act against large droplets, are ineffective against Omicron, CBC reported.
Single-layer cloth masks do not disrupt respiratory jets effectively.

Now that COVID is infectious as an aerosol, N95 masks aren't effective and 6 feet of social distancing isn't effective.
You are thinking in terms of filters. There is still a difference in concentration between the respiratory jet of an infected person and the air generally. You still reduce viral loads by not breathing in respiratory jets. Masks that prevent them still work.

Sure there are studies from a hundred years ago but we've learned a thing or two since then.
Yes. We've learned what masks do and don't do. They are not good at filtering. They are good at disrupting airflow.

So, smaller droplets are more likely to infect than previously. Not quite what you said, but close enough.

Single-layer cloth masks do not disrupt respiratory jets effectively.

You are thinking in terms of filters. There is still a difference in concentration between the respiratory jet of an infected person and the air generally. You still reduce viral loads by not breathing in respiratory jets. Masks that prevent them still work.

Yes. We've learned what masks do and don't do. They are not good at filtering. They are good at disrupting airflow.
You're so ****ing silly wanting to trudge through the minutia.

I am losing respect for you every day.

You miss the forest for the trees constantly. This disgusting MFer said blatantly homophobic **** recently and you were focused on their tertiary point, like a ****ing clown.

I'm ignoring you so I don't have to deal with your nonsense that ruins this website.

You are in league with these ****s. You are one of them.

You encourage and enjoy the drama.

You miss the forest for the trees constantly. This disgusting MFer said blatantly homophobic **** recently and you were focused on their tertiary point, like a ****ing clown.

I'm ignoring you so I don't have to deal with your nonsense that ruins this website.

In short GFYS One Brow. I think you are trash.

His responses were insightful and really not very antagonistic. How is that encouraging and enjoying drama?

His responses were insightful and not antagonistic at all. How is that encouraging and enjoying drama?
When AIO made a homophobic post about Obama OB engaged as if that post was 100% factual and argued the minutia of AIOs point about Obama's homosexuality as if it were fact. OB will challenge the smallest detail for days, yet accepted AIOs homophobic comment without question.

Anyway. that changed how I viewed OB and their honesty, My suspicion has only been strengthened since.

Sorry but that guy like so much of the US healthcare system has financial conflicts of interest let alone the lies and contradictory statements that he cannot be taken seriously
I was disgusted, still am, by the reaction to an approach by medical authorities that emphasized a one for all, all for one approach. That both masks and vaccines protected oneself, and protected others. I was shocked, not that people distrusted medical authority, as I noted elsewhere, distrust of many authority figures is common. No, I was shocked at the reaction by many, usually from the right, that governments asking it’s citizens to act in concert for the good of one and all, to combat a grave threat to one and all, was treated as an inexcusable effort by the government to simply ask way too much of them. How dare the government not only push masks mandates and vaccines, but how dare this government expect me to think of my fellow citizens in an unselfish manner? It’s as if the concept of social contract was foreign, and maybe it is, I don’t know. Thinking of others is asking too much of Americans, not just asking them to wear a mask to protect themselves, but helping others is too much.

And that reaction did not arise because people immediately pointed out medical advice that somehow exposed Fauci. That INITIAL reaction, by so many Americans, arose out of pure selfishness, and anti-civic duty, on the part of those Americans, who reacted with their “No, the government will not ask anything of me!”, out of pure “I will do whatever the eff I want to do, screw the CDC, screw the pandemic, screw my fellow Americans”. That was what was behind the reaction, NOT medical criticism of Fauci. That is what disgusted me, history shows me other times when Americans were less self involved, less into mindless conspiracies, less inclined to not care for anyone but themselves. That is where my disappointment originated, I mistakenly thought we were better than that…

I was disgusted, still am, by the reaction to an approach by medical authorities that emphasized a one for all, all for one approach. That both masks and vaccines protected oneself, and protected others. I was shocked, not that people distrusted medical authority, as I noted elsewhere, distrust of many authority figures is common. No, I was shocked at the reaction by many, usually from the right, that governments asking it’s citizens to act in concert for the good of one and all, to combat a grave threat to one and all, was treated as an inexcusable effort by the government to simply ask way too much of them. How dare the government not only push masks mandates and vaccines, but how dare this government expect me to think of my fellow citizens in an unselfish manner? It’s as if the concept of social contract was foreign, and maybe it is, I don’t know. Thinking of others is asking too much of Americans, not just asking them to wear a mask to protect themselves, but helping others is too much.

And that reaction did not arise because people immediately pointed out medical advice that somehow exposed Fauci. That INITIAL reaction, by so many Americans, arose out of pure selfishness, and anti-civic duty, on the part of those Americans, who reacted with their “No, the government will not ask anything of me!”, out of pure “I will do whatever the eff I want to do, screw the CDC, screw the pandemic, screw my fellow Americans”. That was what was behind the reaction, NOT medical criticism of Fauci. That is what disgusted me, history shows me other times when Americans were less self involved, less into mindless conspiracies, less inclined to not care for anyone but themselves. That is where my disappointment originated, I mistakenly thought we were better than that…

Mate I’m truly not sure what point you are specifically trying to make ? Any chance you could condense that post to a few points ???