What's new

Coronavirus

The next pandemic?

“The H5N1 avian flu has spread rapidly since a new strain was detected in 2020, affecting wild birds in every state, as well as in commercial poultry and backyard flocks.

But it has now even been detected in mammals, with cattle herds across four states becoming infected, and on Monday, federal health officials announced that a dairy worker in Texas caught the virus.

“This virus [has been] on the top of the pandemic list for many, many years and probably decades,” Dr. Suresh Kuchipudi, a bird flu researcher from Pittsburgh, said at a recent panel discussing the issue, according to the Daily Mail.

“And now we’re getting dangerously close to this virus potentially causing a pandemic.”

He noted that the H5N1 virus has already been detected in species throughout the world and “has shown the ability to infect a range of mammalian hosts, including humans.”

“So therefore, in my view, I think this is a virus that has the greatest pandemic threat [that is] playing out in plain sight and globally present,” Kuchipudi said.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BRZxwL5y3I&t=9s&pp=2AEJkAIB

Last edited:
The next pandemic?

“The H5N1 avian flu has spread rapidly since a new strain was detected in 2020, affecting wild birds in every state, as well as in commercial poultry and backyard flocks.

But it has now even been detected in mammals, with cattle herds across four states becoming infected, and on Monday, federal health officials announced that a dairy worker in Texas caught the virus.

“This virus [has been] on the top of the pandemic list for many, many years and probably decades,” Dr. Suresh Kuchipudi, a bird flu researcher from Pittsburgh, said at a recent panel discussing the issue, according to the Daily Mail.

“And now we’re getting dangerously close to this virus potentially causing a pandemic.”

He noted that the H5N1 virus has already been detected in species throughout the world and “has shown the ability to infect a range of mammalian hosts, including humans.”

“So therefore, in my view, I think this is a virus that has the greatest pandemic threat [that is] playing out in plain sight and globally present,” Kuchipudi said.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BRZxwL5y3I&t=9s&pp=2AEJkAIB

I’m blowing my wad on toilet paper. I still remember the pickle I was in when Covid first hit. I remember going to smiths just to use their bathroom then stealing the bathroom toilet paper

Oh he was talking about douchebag. I missed that part. I retract my statement. I'm just so used to everyone feeding the known trolls here all the time.

Mate can you retract all the vicious insults you’ve dumped on me for years ?? I’m so hurt and broken lol

As for that Thriller deadbeat. Man if only he wasn’t an ignorant complete fool who had a single shred of credibility and self awareness I’d check to see what he said. But he doesn’t so I couldn’t care less

mate solid post I never doubt the integrity of your intentions and efforts and own person beliefs, and i appreciate your efforts to tackle issues.

i think you're right in that the political and cultural climate the US is in can give some mixed / crossed understanding from something coming from a place not mired in such mud.

cheers dude
Just came across this this morning. Since Long Covid was one of my biggest concerns where the pandemic was concerned, this should catch my attention….Study authors still recommend the vaccines, but a connection between Long Covid and vaccines is certainly worth noting, if accurate.

6. Conclusion​

In people who have already contracted COVID-19 and now suffer from long-COVID, receiving a COVID-19 vaccination has a significant association with prolonged symptoms of long-COVID for more than one year after the initial infection. Having said that, vaccines generally reduce the risk of long-COVID by lowering the chances of contracting COVID-19, in the first place. Furthermore, vaccines reduce the risk of severe COVID-19 (including reinfections) and its catastrophic consequences (e.g., death). Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all people, even those with a past history of COVID-19, receive vaccines to protect themselves against this fatal viral infection. Future studies should specifically investigate the underlying pathophysiology of long-COVID and its relation to various types of COVID vaccines.

Mate can you retract all the vicious insults you’ve dumped on me for years ?? I’m so hurt and broken lol
On second thought, I retract my retraction. In fact consider it double retracted and feel free to get bent, good sir.

Just came across this this morning. Since Long Covid was one of my biggest concerns where the pandemic was concerned, this should catch my attention….Study authors still recommend the vaccines, but a connection between Long Covid and vaccines is certainly worth noting, if accurate.

6. Conclusion​

In people who have already contracted COVID-19 and now suffer from long-COVID, receiving a COVID-19 vaccination has a significant association with prolonged symptoms of long-COVID for more than one year after the initial infection. Having said that, vaccines generally reduce the risk of long-COVID by lowering the chances of contracting COVID-19, in the first place. Furthermore, vaccines reduce the risk of severe COVID-19 (including reinfections) and its catastrophic consequences (e.g., death). Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all people, even those with a past history of COVID-19, receive vaccines to protect themselves against this fatal viral infection. Future studies should specifically investigate the underlying pathophysiology of long-COVID and its relation to various types of COVID vaccines.

Haven’t read it yet, does it break it up into age / comorbidities categories ?

For a while now, anti-vaxxers have pointed to highly publicized incidents of people — particularly, young people — suffering cardiac arrest and concluded that their conditions must have been caused by the Covid-19 mRNA vaccine. Several Fox News hosts, for example, tried to blame the vaccine for LeBron James Jr.'s suffering a cardiac arrest last summer. And prominent right-wing conspiracy theorists waged a similar disinformation campaign around Damar Hamlin, a player for the Buffalo Bills who suffered cardiac arrest during a game in January 2023.

The CDC conducted tests over multiple years that disprove a link between mRNA vaccines and cardiac arrest. The study looked at more than 1,000 death certificates of young people who died of heart conditions or of unknown causes from June 2021 to December 2022, a period in which nearly 1 million young people got vaccinated.

As NBC News explains:

Dr. Leslie Cooper, chair of the cardiology department at the Mayo Clinic, told NBC News that the researchers behind the study went “above and beyond to try and capture any possible cardiac death from vaccinations,” yet they found none.

To be crystal clear, this is precisely why reputable health experts have tried so hard to dispel conspiracy theories that link the Covid vaccine to cardiac arrest. Because the evidence for people having cardiac arrest as a result of taking a vaccine is nonexistent. And the potential for any heart problems as a result of taking a vaccine is extremely rare — while experiencing heart problems after catching Covid is not.

For a while now, anti-vaxxers have pointed to highly publicized incidents of people — particularly, young people — suffering cardiac arrest and concluded that their conditions must have been caused by the Covid-19 mRNA vaccine. Several Fox News hosts, for example, tried to blame the vaccine for LeBron James Jr.'s suffering a cardiac arrest last summer. And prominent right-wing conspiracy theorists waged a similar disinformation campaign around Damar Hamlin, a player for the Buffalo Bills who suffered cardiac arrest during a game in January 2023.

The CDC conducted tests over multiple years that disprove a link between mRNA vaccines and cardiac arrest. The study looked at more than 1,000 death certificates of young people who died of heart conditions or of unknown causes from June 2021 to December 2022, a period in which nearly 1 million young people got vaccinated.

As NBC News explains:

Dr. Leslie Cooper, chair of the cardiology department at the Mayo Clinic, told NBC News that the researchers behind the study went “above and beyond to try and capture any possible cardiac death from vaccinations,” yet they found none.

To be crystal clear, this is precisely why reputable health experts have tried so hard to dispel conspiracy theories that link the Covid vaccine to cardiac arrest. Because the evidence for people having cardiac arrest as a result of taking a vaccine is nonexistent. And the potential for any heart problems as a result of taking a vaccine is extremely rare — while experiencing heart problems after catching Covid is not.

(please note - playing devil's advocate here) Is that the CDC that receives something like 80 % of it's funding from the pharmaceutical industry ?? Any issue with conflict of interest let alone blatant corruption there ?? And did they provide a list of the "tests over multiple years" that they conducted ?? I agree about extremists seizing on cases like Bronny jnr etc without any evidence, that's just dumb.

However the fact that the spike protein from vaccinations has been detected in a range of body tissues including cardiac tissue when it was strictly said to remain at the location of the injection, combined with statistics such as in Australia the rate of cardiac arrests is 20 % higher than 5 years ago and excess deaths continue to run at about 15 % suggest a whole lot more investigation really should be conducted.

As for reputable .. unfortunately many institutions and companies have suffered from shoddy processed, obfuscation let alone blatant lies over the last 4 years. Pfizer were recently sanctioned AGAIN about misleading claims about the vaccine. And a recent study showed the much vaunted Paxlovid was next to useless.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...-no-more-effective-than-2024a10006gb?form=fpf

There are still so many unknowns and i don't particularly believe either extreme about a lot of what is claimed.

(please note - playing devil's advocate here) Is that the CDC that receives something like 80 % of it's funding from the pharmaceutical industry ?? Any issue with conflict of interest let alone blatant corruption there ?? And did they provide a list of the "tests over multiple years" that they conducted ?? I agree about extremists seizing on cases like Bronny jnr etc without any evidence, that's just dumb.

However the fact that the spike protein from vaccinations has been detected in a range of body tissues including cardiac tissue when it was strictly said to remain at the location of the injection, combined with statistics such as in Australia the rate of cardiac arrests is 20 % higher than 5 years ago and excess deaths continue to run at about 15 % suggest a whole lot more investigation really should be conducted.

As for reputable .. unfortunately many institutions and companies have suffered from shoddy processed, obfuscation let alone blatant lies over the last 4 years. Pfizer were recently sanctioned AGAIN about misleading claims about the vaccine. And a recent study showed the much vaunted Paxlovid was next to useless.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticl...-no-more-effective-than-2024a10006gb?form=fpf

There are still so many unknowns and i don't particularly believe either extreme about a lot of what is claimed.
Spike protein sounds so scary.

xGmWwxy.jpeg