What's new

Coronavirus

Relax guys. Fox News tells me this virus killing people in China will be a boon to America’s economy! The more Chinese it kills the better it will be for America! #MAGA

It is pretty crazy how shut down things are. I'm back to my island Hainan. The city is a ghost town. All the bars are closed indefinitely... The small villages have their own stops set up and are not allowing anyone in. I got stopped at a bunch of check points on my way here to get my tempature checked. My team is not allowing people to leave or outsiders to come in. Had to keep the girlfriend visiting a secret... The open markets are all shut down or only selling vegetables. Masks and hand sanitizer are sold out everywhere.

China is already really worried about their economy next year. This is going to really hurt us it keeps going.

It is pretty crazy how shut down things are. I'm back to my island Hainan. The city is a ghost town. All the bars are closed indefinitely... The small villages have their own stops set up and are not allowing anyone in. I got stopped at a bunch of check points on my way here to get my tempature checked. My team is not allowing people to leave or outsiders to come in. Had to keep the girlfriend visiting a secret... The open markets are all shut down or only selling vegetables. Masks and hand sanitizer are sold out everywhere.

China is already really worried about their economy next year. This is going to really hurt us it keeps going.

I'm also heading back to Shanghai for work on Feb. 9 but the way I see it it's getting worst. From yesterday to 8:30 am today 1032 was added in the list of infected. Flights getting cancelled, mask mostly sold out , some collapsing on the street, it doesn't look good tbh

I'm also heading back to Shanghai for work on Feb. 9 but the way I see it it's getting worst. From yesterday to 8:30 am today 1032 was added in the list of infected. Flights getting cancelled, mask mostly sold out , some collapsing on the street, it doesn't look good tbh
I was just in shanghai. They are taking it very serious. Everyone has masks on and are staying inside. The city is a ghost town. Shanghai has officially extended the Chinese New Year holiday until February 10th and school until the 17th so people can stay inside. The only place in China that seems bad is Wuhan. I think the numbers are wrong though. Wuhan is a city of 13 million or so. So if the numbers are right then its not big deal. But my guess is its 10x more people there. Wuhan city officials have been pretty bad with all of this. But I would skip coming to China until its over not because of fear of catching it just because there is a lot shut down and trying to get out of China might be really hard.

SARS had over 700 iirc. This is nothing. Pfft.

Corona has only been out from ground zero for about 6 or 7 weeks and the real numbers aren't being released. Only people who are formally treated and documented are counted. People are dying in the streets in some places. Bodies are being cremated. Medical workers are saying you can probably add a zero to the official counts as a starting point. Wuhan has a 46,000 hospital bed capacity, and people are lining the hallways at clinics and being turned away. That also doesn't count the people who already have the virus, but won't show symptoms for another two weeks.

I was just in shanghai. They are taking it very serious. Everyone has masks on and are staying inside. The city is a ghost town. Shanghai has officially extended the Chinese New Year holiday until February 10th and school until the 17th so people can stay inside. The only place in China that seems bad is Wuhan. I think the numbers are wrong though. Wuhan is a city of 13 million or so. So if the numbers are right then its not big deal. But my guess is its 10x more people there. Wuhan city officials have been pretty bad with all of this. But I would skip coming to China until its over not because of fear of catching it just because there is a lot shut down and trying to get out of China might be really hard.

If you get sick or just want checkup finding a cab is tough. Hospitals are packed you'll probably end up just treating yourself at home.

Corona has only been out from ground zero for about 6 or 7 weeks and the real numbers aren't being released. Only people who are formally treated and documented are counted. People are dying in the streets in some places. Bodies are being cremated. Medical workers are saying you can probably add a zero to the official counts as a starting point. Wuhan has a 46,000 hospital bed capacity, and people are lining the hallways at clinics and being turned away. That also doesn't count the people who already have the virus, but won't show symptoms for another two weeks.

But China was honest about their SARS numbers?

I'm not trying to be ignorant here but isn't there a vaccine being developed right now for it?

Small info regarding the temperature and survival of the virus:
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/cambodia-too-hot-virus
For those who are not in Cambodia - use finnish/scandinavian/russian style sauna as much as possible. Well, once a week sauna in general is good for health.
Is it easy to find and enjoy hot sauna in Salt Lake City or in Utah for a reasonable price a la 10-20 USD for 2-3 hours?
How common or uncommon is to have a small personal inhouse sauna if you live in Utah?