What's new

Coronavirus

Small info regarding the temperature and survival of the virus:
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/cambodia-too-hot-virus
For those who are not in Cambodia - use finnish/scandinavian/russian style sauna as much as possible. Well, once a week sauna in general is good for health.
Is it easy to find and enjoy hot sauna in Salt Lake City or in Utah for a reasonable price a la 10-20 USD for 2-3 hours?
How common or uncommon is to have a small personal inhouse sauna if you live in Utah?
Almost every gym in Utah has a sauna so pretty much free

I was just in shanghai. They are taking it very serious. Everyone has masks on and are staying inside. The city is a ghost town. Shanghai has officially extended the Chinese New Year holiday until February 10th and school until the 17th so people can stay inside. The only place in China that seems bad is Wuhan. I think the numbers are wrong though. Wuhan is a city of 13 million or so. So if the numbers are right then its not big deal. But my guess is its 10x more people there. Wuhan city officials have been pretty bad with all of this. But I would skip coming to China until its over not because of fear of catching it just because there is a lot shut down and trying to get out of China might be really hard.

yeah I’d skip going there cause I don’t want to die.

If the numbers are truly 10x higher like ppl say, and it’s a city of 13M, I’d basically have a 1 in 6,500 chance of dying. Those odds suck.

granted, there would be additional tourists there and more than 13M people but you get the point.

it makes no sense to go to China now.

yeah I’d skip going there cause I don’t want to die.

If the numbers are truly 10x higher like ppl say, and it’s a city of 13M, I’d basically have a 1 in 6,500 chance of dying. Those odds suck.

granted, there would be additional tourists there and more than 13M people but you get the point.

it makes no sense to go to China now.
I haven't looked really close but I'm pretty sure you need to check your math on that.

Guy just debunks the whole notion of chinese wild anomal
Markets dont exist that ccp dan has been shoveling. So brain washed by his ccp gf he cant see straight

Markets dont exist that ccp dan has been shoveling. So brain washed by his ccp gf he cant see straight
Where is this **** coming from? Why are your responses peppered with personal attacks every time?

You're really dense aren't you?

Never once have I claimed that wild animal markets don't exist in China. They definitely do.

Also my girlfriend does but like the Chinese government and works for your favorite guy Trump who is essentially in charge of the company she is an executive at World Bank.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be ignorant here but isn't there a vaccine being developed right now for it?
They are working on one. Most experts think they can have one made in a much shorter time than in the past. Best case seems to be 3 months. But being available to the public is more likely 1 year after trials for safety.

Nope. 13M divided by 2,000 (deaths based on ppl saying the numbers are more like 10x what’s being reported) is 6,500.
Yeah, I wouldn't go to Wuhan. I was referring to Shanghai which is a very different city. There's no deaths there yet. So odds of dying from this there are currently 0. Also only one person under 50 has died from this and he had other medical complications. It isn't killing any one reasonably healthy.

Small info regarding the temperature and survival of the virus:
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/cambodia-too-hot-virus
For those who are not in Cambodia - use finnish/scandinavian/russian style sauna as much as possible. Well, once a week sauna in general is good for health.
Is it easy to find and enjoy hot sauna in Salt Lake City or in Utah for a reasonable price a la 10-20 USD for 2-3 hours?
How common or uncommon is to have a small personal inhouse sauna if you live in Utah?
I would not trust that information from Cambodia. This was true of SARS. The island I am on didn't get SARS for that reason. But it's getting this. Scientists are saying this is not killed off by the heat.

Looks like work is back to normal on Feb. 10. My coworkers would rather go to work than stay at home all day doing nothing

I would not trust that information from Cambodia. This was true of SARS. The island I am on didn't get SARS for that reason. But it's getting this. Scientists are saying this is not killed off by the heat.
Maybe not +35 degrees Celsius, but history and personal experience has shown, that regular use of warm sauna (+80 degrees celsius and above) helps to keep all kinds of flu like viruses away.
I guess that all kind of coronary viruses are not as common in Miami or near the coast of Mediterranean sea (Italy, Croatia, southern france, Egypt) compared to New York or Alaska or Northern Europe?