What's new

Coronavirus

Nothing that you will learn in the course of your studies will be of the slightest possible use to you [thereafter], save only this, that if you work hard and intelligently you should be able to detect when a man is talking rot, and that, in my view, is the main, if not sole, purpose of education.

— Idealist philosopher John Alexander Smith (1863 – 1939)
Great find. That is a quote I am going to have to remember.

Reactions: Red
FWIW, I would estimate I'm back to about 60-65% of normal, and it's been one month since I tested positive. Can't climb the stairs without being winded. Rode the exercise bike yesterday for the first time for 10 minutes on a really light setting, and it trashed me for the entire day.

I can't imagine how bad it would have been if I hadn't been vaccinated. Seeing as how the doctor told my wife that if she hadn't been vaccinated "we would not be talking right now", I think we'd both probably be toast.

Aren't you tired of making **** up? We need a special section called "Fiction" just for your posts.
That section is called "ignore" and it works beautifully. He and his alt are trolls. That was thoroughly confirmed. Time to just tune him out so he has to go elsewhere to get his jollies while his mom heats up his hot pocket for him and empties his mason jars full of pee from his hours and hours he spends pwning newbs on the interwebs in his mom's basement before he has to go do his Postmates run to get more money for Carl's Jr

It's astonishing how stupid people think a cloth mask stops the virus. Stupidity is rampant.

Researchers from the University of Louisville examined COVID-19 case growth and mask use in the United States, comparing states with mask mandates to states without, and found that "mask mandates and use likely did not affect COVID-19 case growth."

"It appears that mandates and typical mask use among the public have no substantial impact on COVID-19 growth," Guerra said. "Early in the pandemic (Summer 2020), there was an association between lower infection rates and mask mandates and use. However, this association disappeared when transmission levels rose despite increased mask use in the Fall and Winter.

"While growth rates did decline in states after mask mandates became effective, rates declined to a similar degree in states without mandates," he added.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP

So, a bunch of videos from foreign countries with zero context with wildly different vaccines available and this is supposed to convince me otherwise?

Give me some actual videos from America of people getting JJ, Pfizer and Moderna dropping dead on the spot right after injection.

And to be candid, this isn't saying vaccines are foolproof and adverse reactions can happen, but I'm not seeing scores of these everywhere.

Last edited:
Saw this and lmao. It's sadly also probably true.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210831-135833.jpg
    Screenshot_20210831-135833.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 14

So more foreign countries and one person speaking English that got the AV vaccine (must have been in the UK) and Pfizer (I believe you're not supposed to mix shots if I'm not mistaken). Sucks that she's having issues but definitely alive.

Looks like many people having adverse reactions to getting shots (anaphylaxis shock) which can definitely happen with any shot no matter what's in it, but a stretch to say they're simply dropping dead as they're definitely moving.

I have seen suggestions lately that taking Ivermectin is another front in the culture wars. One commentator suggested that taking it is another way to own the libs. It does seem bizarre that people would just wing it with something like this, while rejecting, or even demonizing, the vaccines…

Quite the increase in calls to poison centers…

I have seen suggestions lately that taking Ivermectin is another front in the culture wars. One commentator suggested that taking it is another way to own the libs. It does seem bizarre that people would just wing it with something like this, while rejecting, or even demonizing, the vaccines…

A bit odd to think that taking an unapproved and dangerous drug meant for bovine that could hospitalize and kill you is an effective way to 'own the libs' when you're the only one getting owned.

Sometimes the human gene pool needs some chlorine and if you think taking a drug meant to treat parasites is going to work for you despite no medical evidence suggesting it will and numerous warnings on the bottle that it's not for human consumption and could cause poisoning, well, that's your call.

For the sheep... Hating on others yet the vaccine is ineffective and pointless. Might as well take the horse stuff. Same difference. You're way smarter.......

The World Health Organization on Tuesday added a new coronavirus mutation to its "variants of interest" watchlist, citing fears that the variant could be resistant to immune defenses provided by vaccines.

• Dislike
The World Health Organization on Tuesday added a new coronavirus mutation to its "variants of interest" watchlist, citing fears that the variant could be resistant to immune defenses provided by vaccines.
We'll see, but even if it is I'm not nearly as worried about the ability to quickly rework the vaccine as I am concerned over the government's ability to work quickly enough to get in front of a crisis rather than let it blow up in everyone's faces and spin it so the other political party is to blame. I know that as of 60 days ago Moderna had 5 versions of their vaccine.

There is the original mRNA-1273 built to defeat the original SARS-CoV-2 which is still being dispensed today 18 months after it was created. Even flu vaccines are updated every 12 months, but not the COVID vaccines. Thanks government. Moderna also has mRNA-1273.351 created to stop the South African variant and mRNA-1273.211 which contains both original S-Spikes and South African variant S-Spikes. The last 2 Moderna vaccines are mRNA-1273.617 made to combat Delta variant and mRNA-1273.213 with both original S-Spikes and Delta S-Spikes. Does anyone think those last 2 would have been nice to have during the past 4 months? Too bad you can't get them.

If this new Mu variant is really that bad, I fully expect Moderna will create a vaccine in 14-21 days and the government will force them to keep it on a shelf in a freezer until after millions have been infected while anti-vax types crow in delight how the original February 2020 vaccine isn't as effective against some new variant that didn't exist a year ago.

Reactions: Red
A bit odd to think that taking an unapproved and dangerous drug meant for bovine that could hospitalize and kill you is an effective way to 'own the libs' when you're the only one getting owned.

Sometimes the human gene pool needs some chlorine and if you think taking a drug meant to treat parasites is going to work for you despite no medical evidence suggesting it will and numerous warnings on the bottle that it's not for human consumption and could cause poisoning, well, that's your call.
I just hope these Trumpers don't end up taking room in the ICUs from people suffering from actual issues.

Addendum: There is also a sixth Moderna vaccine labeled mRNA-1283 but its main difference is the temperature it can be stored at. It doesn't provide protection any different from the original mRNA-1273, but it can be stored at regular refrigerator temperatures so it make distribution easier.

But but but, I've been told that they're just concerned with the long-term effects of the vaccine and what ingredients are in the vaccine. I'm sure it has nothing to do with 40 percent of this country acting like crazed children suffering from Oppositional Defiant Disorder. But then again, they're imitating their heroes like Trump, Tucker, Rush, etc. They're out of touch with society and culture. But rather than seek to join with the mainstream thought and culture, they seek to burn it down. Whether it be economics, foreign policy, health care, or elections, the right is finding itself continuously at odds with the norms of our society and culture.